BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Kel, , Austinite ! Need experienced advise. Saw Dr. today & question Meds prescribed

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS LONG POST
    OFFER ADVISE, THOUGHTS, RECOMMENDATIONS, AND INFO IF YOU HAVE USED OR HAVE EVEN HEARD OF THESE MEDS ? I AM VERY CONSERNED AS TO USE THESE MEDS , ESPECIALLY THE ANTI-BOTIC ! THOUGHTS ?

THE ONE FOR ONE FOR INCREASING INSILIN IN A TAB MAY BE A GOOD OPTITION ? WITH-OUT PINNING INSLIN ?

BUT AN ANTI-BOTIC THAT MAY CAUSE TENDIONS TO TEAR SEEM OVER THE TOP ? WOULD THIS INDICATED THE DR. THINKS WITH-OUT SAYING I HAVE A SEVER KIDNEY INFECTION ?

PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND IMO THIS WOULD MEAN NO TRAINING FOR 14 DAYS DUE TO THE USE OF WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT WERE SIMPLE (ANTI-BOTIC) DUE TO THE TIME ADVISED TO USE ; (THIS ONE WOULD SEEN A EXTREMELY STRONG & EVEN DANGEROUS IF NOT TRAINING) . I STILL QUESTION AN ANTI-BOTIC THAT MAY CAUSE SWELLING OR TEARING OF (RUPTURE) A TENDON. IT CAN ALSO HAVE SERIOUS EFFECTS ON YOUR NERVES AND MAY CAUSE PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE ?

Confused please try to assit me with new meds prescribed ? i did Google and the more I read the more I became concerned ! Has anyone even been prescribed these meds or are they just testing new drugs on VETS ? Thoughts ?

I had to go to VA today and I was suprised at what seemed to be the level of profeciency I received . However meds seem extreme ?

I had to go to VA due to lack of funds and the exam was over and above what an Civi Endo would do .

In late Nov. I was told I had a high PSA reading of 7 below 4 is acceptable and above 4 means see Uroligist for detailed exam .

I am on fixed income and the VA 7 years ago was a meat grinder and today I thought I was at the Mayo clinic !

1) Went in to ER as advised for STAT treatment and speed up Prostate Cancer treatment and I will be called for appointment with-in next 1 to 2 weeks; the best I have been offered in 1.5 mths away by calling. I was given the standard penetration for Prostate size and told slightly enlarged . I am no longer a virgin I think he put has whole hand up my ars ?

2) Also I had a pain over and above my normal pains , this was internal and in the right kidney area they did x-rays to be safe . No visiable issues from x-rays .

3) Not hormonal BW but complete extensive BW preformed . Results showed (3) issues :

I) PSA reading of 6.5 down .5 from 7 app. 60 days ago appointmnet expected with-in 1 week or 2 at the longest with Uroligist. I have not been able to secure one closer than 1.5 mths away .

II) Slightly decreased Kidney Function due to Type II Dibeties Glucose was at 108. Prescribed: Glipizide . . . This was prescribed due to Medforine being harsh on Kidneys and my prescribed condition of (slihtly decreased kidney function) ? Seems very risky and also told to lay off protein ; due to kidney issues ? Please express your thoughts on how to train and reduce protein intake ? How can I do this and matain low BF%

Glipizide is used along with diet and exercise, and sometimes with other medications, to treat type 2 diabetes (condition in which the body does not use insulin normally and, therefore, cannot control the amount of sugar in the blood). Glipizide is in a class of medications called sulfonylureas. Glipizide lowers blood sugar by causing the pancreas to produce insulin (a natural substance that is needed to break down sugar in the body) and helping the body use insulin efficiently. GOOD I THINK ? This medication will only help lower blood sugar in people whose bodies produce insulin naturally. Glipizide is not used to treat type 1 diabetes (condition in which the body does not produce insulin and, therefore, cannot control the amount of sugar in the blood) or diabetic ketoacidosis (a serious condition that may occur if high blood sugar is not treated).

III) Red blood cells in Urine opinion of Dr. uniriary infection . Note Dr. said cloudy urine and and burning when peeing ( I gave the sample and not cloudy nor any burning when peeing ) Dr. asked if burning when peeing and I stated NO and I saw urine not cloudy ! ? Prescribed :

Ciprofloxacin- anti-biotic

Ciprofloxacin side effects: This is just an anti-botic
    Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to ciprofloxacin: hives, or the first sign of a skin rash; fast heartbeat, difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Ciprofloxacin may cause swelling or tearing of (rupture) a tendon. It can also have serious effects on your nerves, and may cause permanent nerve damage. Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have:

signs of tendon rupture--sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, movement problems, or a snapping or popping sound in any of your joints (rest the joint until you receive medical care or instructions); or

nerve symptoms--numbness, tingling, burning pain, or being more sensitive to temperature, light touch, or the sense of your body position.

Stop using ciprofloxacin and call your doctor at once if you have:

1) Headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;

2) Nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

3) Muscle weakness or trouble breathing;

4) Diarrhea that is watery or bloody;

5) Sudden weakness or ill feeling, fever, chills, sore throat, mouth sores, easy bruising or bleeding;

6) Depression, confusion, hallucinations, paranoia, tremors, feeling restless or anxious, unusual thoughts or behavior, insomnia, nightmares;

7) seizure (convulsions); or

8) Increased pressure inside the skull-- severe headaches, ringing in your ears, dizziness, nausea, vision problems, pain behind your eyes.

Common ciprofloxacin side effects may include:

1) Stomach discomfort, vomiting, mild diarrhea;

2) vaginal itching or discharge;

3) Mild dizziness; or mild headache.

__________________________________________________ ____

These meds seem extreme for uniary infection (Red Blood cells in Urine he said cloudy but was not cloudy very yellow from Supplements IMO ?

The meds scripted also comes with sugar tabs because it "( MAY )" cause Hypo- Glysimina ? IMO almost as bad as Glucose reading of 108 ? Note the 108 was mid day and should have been under 100 ?

Please offer educated advise if you have used or heard of these meds ? I have not started yet .

Oh I am a Vet and all of the meds and detailed ER exam x-rays, BW, urine test, 1 hour discussing my issues with the Dr. , I was impressed ! Cost $0.00

I NEED A XANAX
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-25-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I just peed and not cloudy and no burning at all ?

Blog Entries
    Bump Please ?

Thread Information