• 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo

Thread: To big!

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member

To big!

So at almost 58 years old I am very happy with my size and would just like to get a bit leaner. Problem is every time I cut I get bigger, almost to the point that I am going to have to start buying x large shirts vise large. I am about ready to stop lifting and just do HIIT in the mornings 3 times a week and steady state cardio after work. I really am not to worried about losing any muscle as long as I lose bodyfat. Right now I am at about 215 and 16% bodyfat. I have changed my workouts and use lighter weights and higher reps. For example on bench instead of doing 315 for 8ish I do 225 for 16ish.

Any of the other over 50 club sometimes feel like this?
    Obs likes this.

cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Yeah, that definitely happens to me. Maybe boredom gets to us easier as we age.

I try to cycle my workout goals over the course of a year (or years) to avoid boredom and burnout. Like, I chop the year up into quarters and then say in quarter one, I will focus on cardio / fat loss, quarter 2 would be what I call 'anaerobic conditioning', quarter 3 - strength (like 5 3 1) and then quarter 4 hypertrophy. If I like how I'm doing in one phase, then I might extend it a month or more, depending. This isn't a new concept or anything, just a way I use to keep things fresh.

That's my goal anyhow. Life gets in the way sometimes!

And as always, that's my 2 cents and you likely overpaid even at that price.
    bethdoth likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Problem is every time I cut I get bigger,
    I'd give anything to have your problem, lol.

I think when I was younger I could do several goals at once, I could bulk and lean out, all at the same time. But these days, about a decade behind you, if I bulk, my muscles get bigger under my fat. If I cut, my muscles get smaller under my fat... But either way, the fat stays.

But getting bigger, while cutting.... That's something I wish I could do!

Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Man you should be wearing 2x

You must stretch an xl to the brink.

We arecabout the same size. Xxl is tight on my arms and chest. Xl makez me look doucey
    Charlie67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Man you should be wearing 2x

You must stretch an xl to the brink.

We arecabout the same size. Xxl is tight on my arms and chest. Xl makez me look doucey
    Ya but we work way to hard to cover up with a loose fitting shirt. You may have the same problem I have I am thick chest to back, but feel the seams on an xl in the shoulder width is to wide. I was out Saturday night with a large group of people and I was wearing one of my favorite form fitting V necks that I bought from a body building clothing site. One woman made a comment to my wife about my shirt being tight yet three different guys came up to me and asked if my arms ever go down "whatever that means?" I said they are down right now it's not arm day!

Charles: My typical cut is stay on HRT lever Test cyp and add tren . In the past I was doing two tren cycles a year at 200mg tren ace a week. My current cut is at 400mg tren E a week. I loose BF, but always seem to get a bit bigger every time too.

Cylon357: Ya I kinda do the same. I plan my life around my workout goals, the seasons and my partying events. I have to cut in the winter when I am not camping and partying to much.
    Obs and cylon357 like this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Charles: My typical cut is stay on HRT lever Test cyp and add tren . In the past I was doing two tren cycles a year at 200mg tren ace a week. My current cut is at 400mg tren E a week. I loose BF, but always seem to get a bit bigger every time too.
    Out of curiosity, how long are you running Tren when you do your twice a year runs? And why Tren E this time, versus ace?

I run Tren E mostly out of convenience. I can run my Test E mixed with the Tren E, one injection, twice wk, same days and time... simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long are you running Tren when you do your twice a year runs? And why Tren E this time, versus ace?

I run Tren E mostly out of convenience. I can run my Test E mixed with the Tren E, one injection, twice wk, same days and time... simple.
    Like I said I am pretty happy with my build, so I have been pretty conservative. Just 8 weeks of tren Ace is what I was doing. I went to E because of the timing of injections. I do my HRT every 3.5 days so the E fits that schedule. I used to do ace because I was concerned about the sides. But, know I know that the sides are not that bad for me so I can do E. Typically in 8 weeks I can drop the 2-3% bodyfat and be ready for summer. I am getting older and it's getting a bit harder, my motivation level is not what it used to be.
    Charlie67 likes this.

Obs
    Ya but we work way to hard to cover up with a loose fitting shirt. You may have the same problem I have I am thick chest to back, but feel the seams on an xl in the shoulder width is to wide. I was out Saturday night with a large group of people and I was wearing one of my favorite form fitting V necks that I bought from a body building clothing site. One woman made a comment to my wife about my shirt being tight yet three different guys came up to me and asked if my arms ever go down "whatever that means?" I said they are down right now it's not arm day!
    Those guys were being smartasses because they have never had muscle. My arms will not touch my side without rolling forward. ya... They stick out! 6" from my side at all times.
    No one comments where I can hear. The second they do I will tell them exactly how sinny or fat they are.
    If I tried to hold my arms out further I would look ridiculous. Those guys were jealous they weren't getting the attention you do and alcohol made them brave enough to say something rather than gossip and giggle amoungst each other about the guy that put in effort and looks better.

I had a guy that was 6'8" puff his chest out when I walked in to the gas station. Ffs I am 5'10" and I still have more lean body mass and he had bean pole arms. Why? Why be like that? They are instantly threatened in their manhood and it causes fights.

2x is tight in arms chest shoulders. I am stupidly thick front to back bit still wide enough my shoulders wont fit. In any direction. Traps and neck lift shirts so that xl is too short.

To big!-screenshot_2019-02-03-23-24-24.jpg

These are the loosest and best feelin 2x's I can find.
    Adidas performance Tee (superlight cotton)
    Best shirt I ever had.

Also like Russel athletic shirts. Cheap and comfortable.

The guys that commented were acquaintances of the people we were with, yes they were way younger, jealous, and kinda smartasses. Fuck man your Bi's are bigger than mine, tris look about the same. IMHO you should go down a size when going out for the evening. Show that shit off. If you had a gut and it was form fitting on that too, I would say nope wear the baggy shirt. But you don't have a keg for a gut, so I would show off the thickness. I don't care what anyone says you have earned it and the chicks dig it!
    I have gotten a few V neck shirts from here https://www.hotbodz.com/new-arrivals-s/75.htm they are good quality and fit well. They are cut for people built like you.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    The guys that commented were acquaintances of the people we were with, yes they were way younger, jealous, and kinda smartasses. Fuck man your Bi's are bigger than mine, tris look about the same. IMHO you should go down a size when going out for the evening. Show that shit off. If you had a gut and it was form fitting on that too, I would say nope wear the baggy shirt. But you don't have a keg for a gut, so I would show off the thickness. I don't care what anyone says you have earned it and the chicks dig it!
    I have gotten a few V neck shirts from here https://www.hotbodz.com/new-arrivals-s/75.htm they are good quality and fit well. They are cut for people built like you.
    I have a few xl shirts but height and my stupid neck are the issue. Thx btw.

I can also assure you if the punks ever set foot in a gym with you when you had a pump on they would understand their inadequacy and stfu.

You are thick as hell.
    Might try Gildan 2x as well I like their fit.
    Thx for the link

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Those guys were being smartasses because they have never had muscle. My arms will not touch my side without rolling forward. ya... They stick out! 6" from my side at all times.
    No one comments where I can hear. The second they do I will tell them exactly how sinny or fat they are.
    If I tried to hold my arms out further I would look ridiculous. Those guys were jealous they weren't getting the attention you do and alcohol made them brave enough to say something rather than gossip and giggle amoungst each other about the guy that put in effort and looks better.

I had a guy that was 6'8" puff his chest out when I walked in to the gas station. Ffs I am 5'10" and I still have more lean body mass and he had bean pole arms. Why? Why be like that? They are instantly threatened in their manhood and it causes fights.

2x is tight in arms chest shoulders. I am stupidly thick front to back bit still wide enough my shoulders wont fit. In any direction. Traps and neck lift shirts so that xl is too short.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-03-23-24-24.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	175671

These are the loosest and best feelin 2x's I can find.
    Adidas performance Tee (superlight cotton)
    Best shirt I ever had.

Also like Russel athletic shirts. Cheap and comfortable.
    You Amish? Your beard is.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You Amish? Your beard is.
    Richard...operator at
    Last employed job called me amish beard for years.

Sadaam
    Last edited by Obs; 02-04-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Thread Information