Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    simply amazing...

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I'm 38 and I started training in 1986. The gym I went to was called South Shore gym in Oakdale Long Island - it was a small gym but it had everything you needed (including every conceivable calf machine) with handle bars so you'd never fall short on the weight you can add. The gym, back then, was filled with hardcore bodybuilders and power athletes all of whom juiced, all of whom were friends - a kind of testosterone fraternity. This particular gym was a legs culture all the way. We all loved Tom Platz and he was at his pinnacle back then. During a leg session we'd always motivate each other by saying, "come on baby. Legs like Platz." Or "big wheels keep on turnin, proud mary keep on boining" How annoying was that last one. Anyway, back then, we'd all scream at each other during those last painful five reps. The most painful sets where the ones on the hacks. We'd do two plates each side and do about 50 reps (which was very Platz-like of us). I challenge anyone to suck up that kind of pain. But being yelled at by your partner made the difference between succuming to the pain or pure heroism. Little bit of a tangent there but to rap it up, I still have fond memories of Tom Platz and the old school gym culture. You'll never see a little hard core gym like that again. An end of an era.
    Im from cali and those little gyms are still there few and far between and just as serious. 'THE LEG GYM" yep those were the days
    If your gonna squat and take up all the weights in the room you Fvckin better do them deep. and if your hack squating ya better get those your knees over your toes or leave .
    There a little gym in columbus ohio still crankin out the same intensity

Conan the Cimmerian is offline New Member
    Last year I did 510 for 11 reps. Not quite the same, but I was proud, wish I filmed it...

Towel is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura View Post
    I'm 38 and I started training in 1986. The gym I went to was called South Shore gym in Oakdale Long Island - it was a small gym but it had everything you needed (including every conceivable calf machine) with handle bars so you'd never fall short on the weight you can add. The gym, back then, was filled with hardcore bodybuilders and power athletes all of whom juiced, all of whom were friends - a kind of testosterone fraternity. This particular gym was a legs culture all the way. We all loved Tom Platz and he was at his pinnacle back then. During a leg session we'd always motivate each other by saying, "come on baby. Legs like Platz." Or "big wheels keep on turnin, proud mary keep on boining" How annoying was that last one. Anyway, back then, we'd all scream at each other during those last painful five reps. The most painful sets where the ones on the hacks. We'd do two plates each side and do about 50 reps (which was very Platz-like of us). I challenge anyone to suck up that kind of pain. But being yelled at by your partner made the difference between succuming to the pain or pure heroism. Little bit of a tangent there but to rap it up, I still have fond memories of Tom Platz and the old school gym culture. You'll never see a little hard core gym like that again. An end of an era.
    wow that's amazing. I wish i trained in a gym and had a trainings partner like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 39+1 View Post
    Im from cali and those little gyms are still there few and far between and just as serious. 'THE LEG GYM" yep those were the days
    If your gonna squat and take up all the weights in the room you Fvckin better do them deep. and if your hack squating ya better get those your knees over your toes or leave .
    There a little gym in columbus ohio still crankin out the same intensity
    haha well said

C-heavyweight is offline New Member
    tom Platz had the best legs ever. that is so easy to say!!!

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    video is gone...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information