Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

rj, read this, idea for you for wpo

rj, did you ever consider droping down to the 220 class? yournumbers would be wpo worthy. the way the wpo works, you would have to go to 275 or 220, the 242 class seems to be non existent, i know they have one, but they lump the 242's and 275's together. iknow you want to go to the big time ASAP, have you ever thougth about going up or down a weight class?at 275, your competition would be chuck V, he totaled 2562. tell me what type of equipment you use? list it all briefs, shirts, plys etc etc. have you ever used a ginny squat suit or any canvas? i watched a video , the wpo guys dont even come close to squating parallel. maybe in the right suit at 275, you can squat a 1000. or on the flip side, in the middleweights the best total was 2276 by a matt kroczalewski, rj, you can beat that number easy! all you have to do is make weight and have 48hrs to rehydrate. ever think about it?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    rj, did you ever consider droping down to the 220 class? yournumbers would be wpo worthy. the way the wpo works, you would have to go to 275 or 220, the 242 class seems to be non existent, i know they have one, but they lump the 242's and 275's together. iknow you want to go to the big time ASAP, have you ever thougth about going up or down a weight class?at 275, your competition would be chuck V, he totaled 2562. tell me what type of equipment you use? list it all briefs, shirts, plys etc etc. have you ever used a ginny squat suit or any canvas? i watched a video , the wpo guys dont even come close to squating parallel. maybe in the right suit at 275, you can squat a 1000. or on the flip side, in the middleweights the best total was 2276 by a matt kroczalewski, rj, you can beat that number easy! all you have to do is make weight and have 48hrs to rehydrate. ever think about it?
    I have thought about it... especially since my last contest I took 2nd to Dondell blue (he competed at 242 than dropped to 220 for the WPO and took 2nd) Your right at 242 I'm at a huge disadvantage in the WPO. Since I stay around 235-240 year round I would basically be competing against guys weighing 285-290 that drop down to 275.
    Equipment wise I am using inzer power pants, titan boss suit (I can sink below parallel easily with 500 lbs. so it's not tight but more like a snug fit. for the bench I use a rage X (snug fit) and plan on using it for my first two attempts and I will use a inzer double denim (tight fit) for my final attempt... which I have done a 665 (gym lift) as far as deadlifts go I lift raw.
    One of my partners... which I consider a gear head lol... has had great success with inzer predators and metal adjustable squat suit which has me tempted to go extreme... I wish I could post my big squat from a couple of weeks ago... it was definitely high but with my snug squat gear I blew up 955 and in my tight denim I am knocking on 700's door in the bench... my dead hasn't moved in about a year but I seem to pull well in a meet.
    I know I could make 220 as losing weight really hasn't been a issue for me in the past... it's just that I am as lean as ever right now (hgh) and I just don't have much to lose other than muscle it seems. I would love to hit the 275 mark... sh*T I feel like if I could just put on 20 pounds of muscle I could be competitive in the heavyweights in the WPO... but 20 pounds seems like so far away at this stage... I think I have plenty of growing to do as of yet but the drop to 220 seems more feasible at this point... damn decisions, decisions.
    My bud Christian Simmons (he has beat me a few times) is in this same situation and decided to make the drop down to 220's watch out for him at Sr. Nationals he is a 1000 pound squatter 700+ pound bencher and pulls in the mid 600's
    anyway I appreciate all the help Doc.
    -RJ-

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    I have thought about it... especially since my last contest I took 2nd to Dondell blue (he competed at 242 than dropped to 220 for the WPO and took 2nd) Your right at 242 I'm at a huge disadvantage in the WPO. Since I stay around 235-240 year round I would basically be competing against guys weighing 285-290 that drop down to 275.
    Equipment wise I am using inzer power pants, titan boss suit (I can sink below parallel easily with 500 lbs. so it's not tight but more like a snug fit. for the bench I use a rage X (snug fit) and plan on using it for my first two attempts and I will use a inzer double denim (tight fit) for my final attempt... which I have done a 665 (gym lift) as far as deadlifts go I lift raw.
    One of my partners... which I consider a gear head lol... has had great success with inzer predators and metal adjustable squat suit which has me tempted to go extreme... I wish I could post my big squat from a couple of weeks ago... it was definitely high but with my snug squat gear I blew up 955 and in my tight denim I am knocking on 700's door in the bench... my dead hasn't moved in about a year but I seem to pull well in a meet.
    I know I could make 220 as losing weight really hasn't been a issue for me in the past... it's just that I am as lean as ever right now (hgh) and I just don't have much to lose other than muscle it seems. I would love to hit the 275 mark... sh*T I feel like if I could just put on 20 pounds of muscle I could be competitive in the heavyweights in the WPO... but 20 pounds seems like so far away at this stage... I think I have plenty of growing to do as of yet but the drop to 220 seems more feasible at this point... damn decisions, decisions.
    My bud Christian Simmons (he has beat me a few times) is in this same situation and decided to make the drop down to 220's watch out for him at Sr. Nationals he is a 1000 pound squatter 700+ pound bencher and pulls in the mid 600's
    anyway I appreciate all the help Doc.
    -RJ-
    the boss suit is a good choice! i like the boss very much, as for the inzer shirts, i am a fan of karins,but i know SOOO many people who used to use the karins who switched to inzer. do you deadlift sumo or conventinal? either way, i am 100% sure, we can increase your deadlift 50lbs if we get you in the right dead suit. to tell you the truth, what suit you use doesnt really matter, you have to get used to just pulling in a suit, which feels so akward, but once you master it, it makes ALL the difference, iin my bosss suit, i can get in the sumo stance, at first i couldnt even touch the bar, but i kept practicing getting down and screwing around with strap placement and tightness. the drop to 220 seems rough but trust me, i can help you there, i droped 30lb for my last meet, after weighins the next day i gained 14lbs back! there is alot you can do with water weight manipualtion, even more than i thought possible, all you have to do is make sure you rehydrate immediately after weighins and all night before the meet. i know you can do it, you can take dondel blue!

also rj, question. do you think the HGH has a real impact on your poerlifts for added strength or would you say it helps more for aesthetic purposes like a lower body fat %?in your oppinion, what do you think overall of HGH for the powerlifter as far as strength is concerned?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    also rj, question. do you think the HGH has a real impact on your poerlifts for added strength or would you say it helps more for aesthetic purposes like a lower body fat %?in your oppinion, what do you think overall of HGH for the powerlifter as far as strength is concerned?
    overall I would say it has aided in my recovery more than anything... as far as helping with power I grade hgh rather poorly. Energy wise it's good... I feel like I'm 20 again LOL. I would rate it high in regards to fatloss. I'm on my 7th month and I'm curious how the 1st year will end up... so far so good! It is rather pricey... that would be the biggest downfall for sure! I definitely give it a thumbs up... not so much for powerlifting but more for overall well being.

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    overall I would say it has aided in my recovery more than anything... as far as helping with power I grade hgh rather poorly. Energy wise it's good... I feel like I'm 20 again LOL. I would rate it high in regards to fatloss. I'm on my 7th month and I'm curious how the 1st year will end up... so far so good! It is rather pricey... that would be the biggest downfall for sure! I definitely give it a thumbs up... not so much for powerlifting but more for overall well being.
    that is how i thought it would work, thanks for the info.

Thread Information