musclehed275 is offline Junior Member

bench meet in Fl

We had a bench meet in Ft Myers Fl. today, It was an APA meet, i saw a up and coming bench beast...Mike couch busted a easy 665 at 281 lbs body weight! i thought he had atleast 685 in him, he is just rough around the edges, needs to work on his form, and technique...the scary thing is, he said he hasnt been training regularly, he plays tournament softball..he said, his training has been real spread out, and doesnt allways have time to lift, and he is still that strong!!! I had trained in the morning, before the meet, and had my boards, and chains still laying out...he saw them and told me he never used that stuff! He is one strong dude!! PLJAY, i was hoping you would have come to check out the meet and gym and hang a little!! maybee next time buddy!!

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dam bro Couch hit 665. I was watching some old footage today when he hit 605 at a meet i did in Jan 2001 were i did 535lbs. He is strong!

Ya man i would have came but its a long haul and i had the kids to watch while my wife worked. Would hav elove to come too. MY buddy was gonna do it, but both of them pulled out. Glad to hear it went good. Couch is the one that has beaten me for best lifter twice by less then .4 last time! Looks like i better get stronger. Did yu lift? How about Ironmaiden?

deciever is offline Associate Member
    looks like today was just bench meet day..
    there was one by me, that i missed due to vacation, but i heard some guy hit a 565@190 dunno what he was wearing.. i dont think it was sanctioned though.

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    PLjay.... Musclehed275 and I didn't compete yesterday... Just helped Scott out!! We are just starting to gear up for the Worlds and the Nationals in Oct... We're 2 weeks into our cycle and its going well!! So far we have done 3 board press and floor press for ME...
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

I will be at the Nationals too. I am not sure if i will be 242 or 275's. Either way, if i wanna get Couch on Formula i got work to do.

You guys doing the meet in Winter Haven? Thought i would hit that one too.

Kennelly's is offline New Member
    Hey guys...awesome meet. We saw that Couch hit 665......he IS strong!! I'll give you guys a call later today if you're going to be around.

Great..... I tried to call you a few mins ago also ....... I try again in a little bit..... Yeah, Couch did a great job at the meet.... Musclehed and I were just saying that he is a hell of a nice guy also....

I'm really excited about all the sponsership for the Team.... I replied to your news letter to answer your questions..... Proud to be part of the Team...Thanks
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

PLjay.... Haven't even thought about that meet to be honest.... Its up to Musclehed275.....
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

I get with ya'll in Oct if you miss it!

TeenMyth is offline New Member
    PLJAY I think the meet that your thinking of is in Winter Park not Winter Haven. Its in orlando I think. I wouldnt mind doing that one, if you do it. But I know for sure im gonna do the nationals. Cause I got to put up the biggest bench in the teenage 242's. YEEAAAAAAHHHHH BBBOOOYYYY!

OH ya it is winter park. I knew that ! For some reason i was thinking the other. Shit there is nothing in winter haven!

Yes Myth we will do that one. And no way would i miss the Nationals. YOu can get the number 1 at 242 teen and i am gonna go for the number 1 in the top 100 at 242.

Thread Information