Thread: deadlift

quarry206 is offline Senior Member

deadlift

can anybody give some trianing types on how to improve my deadlift....

it seems that tho i do them alot, use form.. use blocks chains and anything i can find.. i just seem stuck at the same weight...

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    take longer rest between deadlifting day, or use some Tren

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^hope that wasn't serious advice!

Anyway, what does your routine look like, now? It's hard to make any suggestions unless we know what you are doing currently.

With that being said, there are many programs by top lifters such as the Gillingham brothers, Ed Coan's deadlift routing, etc.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    what does your routine look like?

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    deadlift (back) is in the second day of my split

usually something like this
    lat pull down 3 sets
    deadlift, one warm up 3 working sets.
    usually do a strait weight 3 sets of 5-7reps.
    one week i'll do on a platform so i can get a few more inches deeper
    one week use chains
    and one week normal

i will admit i'm still playing with my form. but it is not so unsound that it should be killing my numbers.

i'm 220 and DL around just under 500 give or take.. but feel with the time and effort i should be moving up, it sucks to bench raw more than you DL.. I WILL admitt deadlifts are only something i added into my workouts about a year ago.

i'll try to make a video of me doing a set so maybe people can help me more

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i found using other exercises like rack deads, goodmornings, sldl along with changing up my routine and/or split helped improve my deadlift alot

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    pull more often . i have been fooling around with pulling 2 -3 times a wk and just mad huge gains. with no drugs or supplements besides protein. i am getting close to or more than 700lbs,

here is an idea of what i did.............

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    taken from another post i made......

as always in powerlifting , i have changed up what i am doing to work on my weak points and weaker lifts(specifically my deadlift)

saturday squat day. low box squats with bands or acomodating resistance. i dont kill myself on these, i get 3- 5 set in od 2 -3 reps moderate to moderatlely heavy weight

a deadlift variaton, heavy, low reps low sets (suited, briefs only, reverse band deads, against bands etc) i work up to one max set shooting for at least 5 reps and if i fell i can keep pulling, i may go as high to 8 or ten reps of the weight feels light on the particular day, for the most part, it usually ends up being btwn 5-6 reps on the average day

ukranian deadlifts 3 sets of 10-15
    abs

monday

light speed pulls low to medium reps, multiple sets. against bands or regular pulls off of a 2,3, or 4 inch blocks(deffecit deads, i am standing on the blocks)

rack deads. alternate conventional and sumo for different height wk to wk. sometime i work above the knees or below the knees, where ever i fell i need the work

hamstring works and abs

tuesday
    press day/tricep work

wednesday
    conventional deads from the floor/ medium weight medium rep range( i will skip them if i am to beat from the other 2 deadlift days)

back/lat work and a lot of it. specifically barbell rows, pulldowns with various grips and different bars.

friday
    optional 2nd bench day focusing more on triceps( ie rack lockouts, reverse bands, close grip, high board presses as well as some light raw regular bench if i feel i need the work)

to be honest i havent been doing the optional bench day, i am focusing more attention to the deadlift and doing a lot of dead movements 2-3 times a wk. so i have been cutting back on the extra press day for CNS recovery purposes.

current program is only temporary. when i train for a meet i will go back to something close to how was training previously

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Doc. I think you are absolutely right in what you are saying about working a weak point more fequently. I love the 3x3 program! It gives you those opportunities to work more often on aweak spot and it gives you the flexibility to do more things. I have been using it for about 10 months and I have made unreal gains!

ARMY_OF_1 is offline New Member
    Doc sust has a great post... it took me a whil to break past the 500 mark but i actually took about a month off from straight deadlifts and hit racks hard as well as rows...etc. After i started hitting deads again i had not lost any poundage and began working up from there again... it worked for me but that is just me. gains come slowly for me after the 500 mark but i now can hit 585 for a single

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Im sure we are all different but when i first started and hit my max at the time i incorporated rack deads. I use a lot more weight which was focused directly on lower back which seemed to help my deads when i went back.

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Stiffleg deads help me a lot. I incorporate these into my workout.

Thread Information