BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Chuck V. Squats 1175 at 242!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ek_UAJbyHc

I know the naysayers are gonna balk about depth and geared v. raw. But anyone with the balls to descend with that much weight is a f*cking beast!!!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Impressive.

I saw this the other day, pretty amazing raw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9UA...ayer_embedded#

596lbs Overhead
    640lbs No Handed Squats
    884lbsx3 Deadlift
    420lbs Snatch

^^^Misha (that's his nickname) is well known in the strongman and oly lifting circles. He's probably one of the most explosive and athletic athletes out there. He's always in the hunt for World's Strongest Man but he tends to get injured right before that contest. He's also placed very well in the Arnold. The man is freakishly strong and a great showman to boot.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Bg you're not lying chuck V is an absolute beast.

xxxl83

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ek_UAJbyHc

I know the naysayers are gonna balk about depth and geared v. raw. But anyone with the balls to descend with that much weight is a f*cking beast!!!
    sorry tht aint a squat! off course im gona shout about depth, if it isnt there, well................

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    sorry tht aint a squat! off course im gona shout about depth, if it isnt there, well................
    Yes that is a squat. Obviously you either don't know what a squat is or don't know the difference between a powerlifting squat and a bodybuilding squat. Check the rules of the fed he lifts in and then respond.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Impressive.

I saw this the other day, pretty amazing raw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9UA...ayer_embedded#

596lbs Overhead
    640lbs No Handed Squats
    884lbsx3 Deadlift
    420lbs Snatch
    now tht is impressive stuff, fantastic strength in multiple disaplines. much more entertaining than the 'squat'

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    ^^^Misha (that's his nickname) is well known in the strongman and oly lifting circles. He's probably one of the most explosive and athletic athletes out there. He's always in the hunt for World's Strongest Man but he tends to get injured right before that contest. He's also placed very well in the Arnold. The man is freakishly strong and a great showman to boot.
    I always thought that the no handed squat was just asking for a blown disc.

BTW, havent seen you around much. Hows the lifting going?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I always thought that the no handed squat was just asking for a blown disc.

BTW, havent seen you around much. Hows the lifting going?
    Misha is a freak of nature. I've seen vid of him doing a 700+, no handed squat. But understand Oly lifters have that freakish balance and technique that allows them to do that shit.

Anyone, lifting has taken a backseat to training my sons for football. My oldest boy is a top recruit here in NV. So I've been making sure he's on the right path. I've been trying to stay in shape (I'm down to 286lbs). But haven't hit anything really heavy. I've just received Synvisc injections in my knees so depending on how they go, I'll be trying to do a powerlifting meet in Nov. and getting back into strongman early next year.

Blog Entries
    Misha is a freak of nature. I've seen vid of him doing a 700+, no handed squat. But understand Oly lifters have that freakish balance and technique that allows them to do that shit.

Anyone, lifting has taken a backseat to training my sons for football. My oldest boy is a top recruit here in NV. So I've been making sure he's on the right path. I've been trying to stay in shape (I'm down to 286lbs). But haven't hit anything really heavy. I've just received Synvisc injections in my knees so depending on how they go, I'll be trying to do a powerlifting meet in Nov. and getting back into strongman early next year.
    I hear you on the not training. I took about 4 months off recently. I had to much to do to finally get my doctorate finished. I figured a few months of not training was worth graduating on time. The good thing is that I am looking long term as far as my goals go for the first time in a long time. No need to plan around huge tests or conferences or whatever now.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Congrats on that doctorate...DOC!!!! That's an amazing achievement!!! You definitely deserve some time off from EVERYTHING, after that! LOL!

Blog Entries
    Congrats on that doctorate...DOC!!!! That's an amazing achievement!!! You definitely deserve some time off from EVERYTHING, after that! LOL!
    I need to get my ass to Vegas to celebrate and get some R&R. Plus I hear all the big squaters are there...

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

YESSIRR BROTHA!!! We throw around a lil weight every now and then!!! Seriously though, if you're ever this way, holla at me!

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    First off, I will say that this is impressive...

but...

I am into raw lifting. Now I am not bashing equipment, it has its place, but this guy is a good example of when do have a problem with equipment. He is wearing the biggest, baddest, best squat suit around (which is ok) then on top of that has probably lost feeling in his feet from the tightness of said suit, plus the super tight knee wraps. On top of that, he is also wearing an erector shirt, which looks thick enough and tight enough that I can only imagine that they would have had to pain it on. And though we can't see them, I am willing to bet he is also wearing briefs...
    Now when you overwhelm you entire body, every joint, every moving part with layer upon layer of the most radical equipment you can get your hands on, it just turns me off.
    I mean, at the end of the lift, you can tell he was going to jump, or doing something crazy or radical to show his excitement, but he has to stop himself, because he can hardly move in all the equipment.

Again, still impressive in a sense, but I would rather see him use less equipment, miss the lift, but still be able to say he attempted it at that body weight, that to me would be more impressive.

The number one argument that alot of these equipped lifters use (it has become really popular for them to use it actually) is to say something along the lines of "I have never been able to lay that shirt on a bench and see it lift a single pound" or something to the effect to imply that the equipment they use couldn't lift that weight if it wasn't for them. The problem is, thast works both ways. Sure a bench shirt can't bench press over 1000 by itself, but neither can Kennelly, Mendelson, Ryclack, etc.

Just my view on it... Not trying to step on any toes.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    eh. go raw or go home.

Cheetah is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

I went to high school and used to lift with these guys at westside barbell and i can tell you there is quite a few over there that are just beasts!

Great Squat.

He was benching over 500 and i think he was around 190 or so when we played football!

All the criticism? "still impressive in a sense" are fing kidding? its a world record.

If the guy that had the record didn't use "equipment" then i might agree
    A person that size with a Volkswagen on his back should prob wrap his knees.
    Last edited by Cheetah; 08-26-2010 at 08:48 AM.

There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of any single piece of equipment to help in a certain weak area, but to compress and cover as much of your body in as many layers of mutliple equipment as you can, is just not real.

I am not making this argument because I "don't understand equipment" like most. I am making it because its how I feel. I used to train with Ron Palmer, and have done temporary training with Tony Conyers, Rocky Tilson, Dondell Blue, Kara Bohigan, Nick Winters, etc.
    So i am very aware of the powerlifting world, and what equipment is and how it works. Which is why I feel very firm in my belief that the bottom line is that if you can't lift something without a "mechanical advantage" than YOU can't lift it. I am ok with knee wraps, belts, wrist wraps, etc (even though i personally don't use them) because they play a role in support and safety.
    But when the Raw bench record is 715, and the shirted bench record is 1080 (might be more by now) than obviously the shirt is not just an innocent attempt at safety or support. Same with Squat.
    This is one of the reasons why deadlift is my favorite lift. I love the way it feels, the way it looks, and especially the fact that it is hard to manipulate with equipment. The raw deadlift record (without the use of even a belt) is 950-955 if i am not mistaken, and the suited, all equipped, belt, suit, erector shirt, etc deadlift record is 1003.
    Deadlift is one of the only "pure" lifts left.

Cheetah is offline Junior Member

Wink

I have another friend with several world record dead-lift's including Raw.
    and this guys arms are so long his knuckles drag the ground
    (slight exaggeration), and his technique allows him to hardly move the weight. "world record none the less"

You prob sit and complain that tiger woods is "some what impressive" since he has all the best equipment and trainers.

As i stated before if the guy that held the record used the same equipment its still apples to apples. and a "world record none the less"

It is only an unfair advantage if the playing field is not even.

...wrong thread...

HP
    Last edited by HawaiianPride.; 08-26-2010 at 12:26 PM.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of any single piece of equipment to help in a certain weak area, but to compress and cover as much of your body in as many layers of mutliple equipment as you can, is just not real.

I am not making this argument because I "don't understand equipment" like most. I am making it because its how I feel. I used to train with Ron Palmer, and have done temporary training with Tony Conyers, Rocky Tilson, Dondell Blue, Kara Bohigan, Nick Winters, etc.
    So i am very aware of the powerlifting world, and what equipment is and how it works. Which is why I feel very firm in my belief that the bottom line is that if you can't lift something without a "mechanical advantage" than YOU can't lift it. I am ok with knee wraps, belts, wrist wraps, etc (even though i personally don't use them) because they play a role in support and safety.
    But when the Raw bench record is 715, and the shirted bench record is 1080 (might be more by now) than obviously the shirt is not just an innocent attempt at safety or support. Same with Squat.
    This is one of the reasons why deadlift is my favorite lift. I love the way it feels, the way it looks, and especially the fact that it is hard to manipulate with equipment. The raw deadlift record (without the use of even a belt) is 950-955 if i am not mistaken, and the suited, all equipped, belt, suit, erector shirt, etc deadlift record is 1003.
    Deadlift is one of the only "pure" lifts left.
    I'm no powerlifter by any means, but as someone who enjoys the sport from a spectator's view, I completely agree. What impressed me is the man vs. weight aspect. Once you start adding a bunch of gear that artificially increases the human ability to do that, it loses its credibility and the sense of what amount of that weight is actually being moved through power.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Skyler, I'm eager to hear your detailed layout of what a proper "bodybuilder's" technique is on a the bench press. All I got out of out of your first post in this thread was you talking about how big your arms and chest are in comparison to Arnolds, and how a wider grip has improved this.

Please elaborate a bit more on the point of this thread.
    Sorry, no bullshit, I actually do have a major problem with reading comprehension, so I am having trouble understanding what you are asking (which I believe is my fault, not yours)

I will gladly answer any question you have though, I just want to make sure I am answering the right question.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Sorry, no bullshit, I actually do have a major problem with reading comprehension, so I am having trouble understanding what you are asking (which I believe is my fault, not yours)

I will gladly answer any question you have though, I just want to make sure I am answering the right question.
    Shit. I'm sorry my post was suppose to be in this thread Exercises to increase chest size?

I can clearly understand why you have absolutely no idea what I'm saying now. I'll re-post in the other thread.

You don't have an issue with reading comprehension, it's me that has issues with posting the right posts in the right thread!

I've done both raw and geared and I prefer raw. Not because of the inflated numbers from geared but because the equipment takes too long to get on and get off for my liking. Now I compete in strongman AND powerlifting.

But with that said, it really bugs the shit out of me when people bash geared lifting. There is no difference in geared lifting and taking AAS to improve one's lifts. Besides with the extreme gear today, it's a totally different sport than raw lifting. Using gear takes totally different technique than going raw and a number of lifters can't ever 'learn' the gear. As a matter of fact, I squatted more raw (***) than I did geared (720), because I couldn't find the 'groove' in my squat suit. So it isn't simply putting on the gear and lifting.

Besides the raw bench record is 730lbs.

Who did 730 raw? When? I had no idea!
    And I do agree with you, actually. I tried equipment, and I actually lost raw power, and I never got much out of the equipment. But, I also realized that benching in a shirt is completely different than raw.
    I actually hate it when people act like equipment is a "magic cure" and suggest that just anyone can throw it on and magically add 100-300 lbs to their lifts.
    I agree that it is an art of its own. I just personally prefer raw lifting, to me, even though the numbers aren't as high, the accomplishment is more impressive.

qal92 is offline Senior Member
    i thought chuck was in the 275s this meet

Thread Information