AllAlone is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Addicted To Lifting Heavy Weight

I have been strength training since I was 12 years old...I have tried bodybuilding workouts, I have tried just about every kind of routine but always end up back to a powerlifting workout. It's the only thing that seems to put on size and strength. Unfortunately I am not meant to lift heavy anymore because I am plagued with injuries. I've had bad knees for years, I have a laberal tear causing server hip pain and I just reinjured my back. I've had knee surgery already and most likely both my hip and my back would need surgery to fix the issues. I don't know if there are any other single dads out there but money doesn't exactly grow on trees...I can't afford a checkup much less surgery. After my back heals or feels good enough to continue, I will NEED to change it up. Are there any powerlifters here that have experienced anything similar?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    The body needs a break every now and the.Going heavy all the time takes its toll.Good luck bro.

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    I am going through kind of the same thing. By kind of, I mean that my issues are not as severe as yours and mainly the result of getting older (knee issues, shoulder issues, etc.). I have had to redo my workouts and listen to my body, if I feel good I go for it, if not I don't go as hard. This was the hardest thing for me because I never understood moderation. As far as powerlifting workouts I've found that the Westside workout is easiest on my body. Defranco's has a Westside style of workout called "westside for washed up meatheads" that is a bit easier on the body. It seems to me you need to deal with the problems you have now before you get back to working out, the last thing you want to do is make things worse. Good luck hope you get back to working out soon.

Thread Information