Nephets is offline Senior Member

questions about gear and sizing

I'm 5'1 and about 120lbs. The smallest powerlifting weight class in my neck of the woods is 129.5 lbs. So, I got some room to grow. I'm looking to get a bench shirt and a squat suite so I can max out soon. I was looking at the titan centurian squat suite and titan bench shirt. I picked a size that would fit me now and that way it would be a snug fit while I got used to lifting in gear and as I got closer to the top of my weight class, I would have ha much tighter fit. Sound reasonable so far? When I called to inquire the guy said I should get the titan superior. Its a thinner fabrick and a little easier to squat in then the restrictive centurian.

I guess I just want your thoughts on which way I should go. I don't want to have to get used to a sute for beginers and then get used to the centurian later on. Any help on this would be apreciated.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    woah, have you been lifting for a while?

Off and on for about 5 years. I'm just a small guy, narrow shoulders and wrists. I got my diet in check and I'm adding weight or reps to every workout, every week. I want to compete in a contest. But, I don't want to just enter, I want to do well. My father was a well known powerlifter in our small comunity and he was a national champ and set a couple canadian records. So I don't want to just show up to an event, so to speak. He's been retired for the last 10 years. He's not up on all the new gear so I thought I would put the question to guys who are actualy using the gear.

In10sity is offline New Member
    Depending on ur experience, I'd say go with the centurian if you already have a solid strength and lifting foundation. I agree with wanting to use and learn the gear ur gonna use for competition, as opposed to learning one suit then another, from my experience learning one suit/shirt doesn't necessarily transfer over to another more advanced one. Just know that the more advanced gear will be harder to learn and utilize properly. But going with titán is a good start, the f6 would be a good shirt, especially at ur weight, u should have a good arch, or be working on it.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a RAW guy and powerliftings moving that way. I would stay clear of gear. That's just my opinion.

Yea, I didn't want to get into a debat on the merits of geared vs raw lifting...to each his own. I'm not judging anyone on which they prefer. I'd rather gear, so thats how I'm going. Thanks for the imput so far. Keep it coming.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying one is better than the other. I was merely pointing out the fact that gear use is diminishing while RAW is becoming more popular. I've done geared lifting. I don't like it, not because of the inflated numbers, but because the shit hurts to use! LOL!!! I've torn off way too many fingernails trying to get into shirts and suits! LOL!!! I can recommend titan suits for the squat and deadlifts, though. They are used by most of the strongmen I know where there is a squat or deadlift in the competition.

Thread Information