Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDOG PL Journal

cdog is offline Associate Member

CDOG PL Journal

I will post all my progress starting from my last workout on this thread.Iam currently doing Metal Militia for my training routine .I started PL about a month and a half ago at that time my squat max was 300 deadlifts where about the same and bench was around 250 .My lifts as of now are raw bench 300 deads 335 and squats 360 .I was doing westside for squats or ME and DE and Metal Militia for bench and found out fast you cant do both or at least I cant .Metal Militia is so hard core for bench there is no way I could max another day on anything .As most of you know with westside you have a max effort day and a DE day and when doing Metal Militia you max two times a week ,Maxing on singles one day then maxin out triples another .Alot of good bros have helped me out along the way and I thank them all you know who you are .Anyways Ill start this by posting my last workout and just keep adding to this thread every time I hit the gym .If you guys have any questions just ask.Also it takes me at least 2hrs and some change to do my chest on Metal Militia .peace...........................CDOG

7/18 BENCH

Whats up had a great day today as some of you know last week I went down 15 ibs on my bench and had the worst bench day in a long time .Anyways went in today feeling better because I took a week off .Also I tryed my shirt out and I hate it so I took it off and just worked raw .The shirt hurts and could not get it to touch !Here is what happened today

BARX10
    125X3
    135X3
    155X3
    185X3
    225X1
    245X1
    275X1
    285X1 Last week could not get off my chest
    300x1 This is the first time ever for me
    305xmiss could not lock out but I will next week.

6Brds
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1
    345x1 25Ib pr
    365xmiss

5Brds
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1
    335xmiss

Lockouts
    225x3
    255x3
    275x3
    285x3
    300x3

Pushdowns 4x10

Plate raises 3x10
    was totaly spent ......................CDOG

7/28 Bench
    Whats my brothers today was going to be max triples but I ended up sorta maxing a single .What happened was I was not going home until I got something to touch in my shirt .Last week raw bench was 300 today I hit 315 but had more in me to go but Iwas hurting from the shirt so I stoped at 315.This is how it went today .

Barx10
    125x5
    135x5
    165x3
    185x3
    225x3
    shirted up
    225 no touch (ouch)
    275 no touch (ouch)
    305 close but no touch (real ouch)
    315 touch had more but stoped .15 Ib PR

4brds raw
    225x3
    245x3
    275x3
    300x3

3 brds
    225x3
    245x3
    Partner left so I went on to lockouts

Lockouts
    135x10
    185x10
    225x10
    245x5

Rope pull downs
    4x10,8,8,8,

7/29 Shoulder work

Front raises 4x8
    side raises 4x8
    bent over raises 4x8
    Barbell shrugs 6x10

Badass pic!

HP

Whats up my brother .Im stoked I got my shirt to touch last bench day .It hurt bro I aint gonna lie it hurt .My pecs are all kindsa brused up!Oh well no pain no gain right .I got off 315 so the shirt has added 15ibs so far. However I had more in me but I stoped once I got the shirt to touch .I also heard a little rip right when I touched ????But looked it over and could not see any damage so I hope all is ok ..Thanks for the props on the pic .I thought it would be good for you guys to see the face behind the journal.........CDOG

Shit man, 15 lbs on your first day with the shirt on means 30 lbs in two weeks... you'll get used to the pain and you'll get the feel down pat and trust me 340 will go up like smoke... at least that's what I'm hoping, for you and for me .

Peace,
    keep these updates coming!

HP

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huge Presser
    Shit man, 15 lbs on your first day with the shirt on means 30 lbs in two weeks... you'll get used to the pain and you'll get the feel down pat and trust me 340 will go up like smoke... at least that's what I'm hoping, for you and for me .

Peace,
    keep these updates coming!

HP
    after u stop using the shirt will u have a gain in raw lifts or will it fall sharply?.
    good lifts cdog

No man if youre using the shirt the raw lifts should stay the same. Like if you bench 250 raw, and then 275 in a shirt, after you take off the shirt you will still bench 250 raw... I think that's what youre asking but I could be wrong...

HP

What happens is you should go up in weight in both raw and shirt .However you should set goals for both .Lets say your raw bench is 300 and your shirt bench is 350 or whatever and a week or two later your up 10Ibs on shirt bench you are no doubt going to also be up on raw bench as well I think ......Anyways I lifted today and this is what went on .......

7/30 Back
    Barbell Rows 5x8
    T bar Rows 5x8
    Pull Downs 5x8
    Seated pull Rows 5x8
    Hammer curls 5x8
    Superset spyder curls..........CDOG

Sweet bro that looks like the workout I hit at the end of today.

Keep us posted on bodyweight... for example are you trying to bulk up or stay the same while putting on strength?

Thanks for the updates!

HP

As of now I have been trying to add size .This last month Ihave added about 20Ibs .............CDOG

Good lord... if you're clean that's just not fair.

HP

Farmer is offline Member
    [Knock]

[Knock]

[Knock]

WUSSUP DOG!

That's right I'm dropping in on YOUR thread and giving you some PROPS. That's a badass pic in the top bro..looks like you leaned out from the swole program and now yer gonna start throwin on some more size and start throwing around some heavy weights. Thats awesome bro, do you plan on doing some comps or anything?? I've been outa the loop for awhile so you gotta fill me in bro..anyhow take care and rip shit up!

Peace

Farmer

OH MY !What up my Farmer .Where have you been ?You have been looking swole yourself I saw your pics bratha and between your BMW and your size whooo watch out.I do have to admit Ive been a little upset with you bro I thought you was gonna hook it up with the BMW over here on the coast side .Oh well .Hey you keep in touch ya hear ..CDOG

HP yeah bro that all CLEAN WEIGHT the Lord wont let me do the juice ..........CDOG

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdog
    OH MY !What up my Farmer .Where have you been ?You have been looking swole yourself I saw your pics bratha and between your BMW and your size whooo watch out.I do have to admit Ive been a little upset with you bro I thought you was gonna hook it up with the BMW over here on the coast side .Oh well .Hey you keep in touch ya hear ..CDOG

HP yeah bro that all CLEAN WEIGHT the Lord wont let me do the juice ..........CDOG
    hehe, I don't know what you are talkin about..you must've given me the wrong address bro. I was cruisin around the coast looking for you, I was gonna let you take it for a spin. Too late now ..I'm counting down the days until the 14th when summer quarter ends and I can have a summer finally...it's been hot as hell over here and i've been in classrooms all day. Hopefully in a month or so I can take a nice shot of myself in front of my car and make it an avatar...that will be my next short-term goal...Take care bro!

Peace

Farmer

8/2 Bench .
    Well today I went in at 5am hurt and tierd .As a roofing contractor tis time of year gets crazy for my company so Ive been puting in the hours and not geting enough rest .I went in the gym today and gave it everything I had though.The numbers are low but I know why and the main thing is I dident give up .I have also noticed that if I have had a good PR the training day before that Im going to be pressing low the next time around ,Then Ill rest a week or so Then break another PR .So I know that when things go like they did today I have to remind my self that the best is yet to come .........CDOG

BARX10
    125X5
    135X3
    185X3
    225X3
    255X3
    275XMISS

4BRDS
    225X3
    245X3
    275X3
    300XMISS
    300X3

3BRDS
    225X3
    245X3
    275XMISS
    275XMISS
    275X3
    295XMISS

lOCKOUTS
    225X3
    245X3
    255X3
    260XMISS

Looks like one of those days you just have to get through and not think about the weight on the bar. I had a day like this on the 29th, the weight was all low, but you've got to get through it and not worry about the weights, but about the feel of moving the weights. Congrats on gettin through it bro.

HP

8/4 ME BENCH
    Whats up brothers had a good day .Went in soar and tierd been working alot .Anyaways I hit 325 in the shirt last week was 315 .Once I get this shirt figured out and learn to push to the feet Ill be on my way .Also I just wanted to say thanks to all the bros fo helping me along my way .2 Mo ago I was asking what brd presses where and benching 255 now things are alot better So thanks ............CDOG

BARX10
    125X10
    135X3
    155X3
    185X3
    225X1
    245X1
    275X1

Shirted up
    300 no touch
    305 no touch
    315 close but no touch
    325 touch got it 10Ib PR

6BRDS
    275X1
    300X1
    315X1
    320X1
    325X1
    327X1

5BRDS
    225X15 Was really geting soar so did some rep work
    245x10
    265x6
    275x6

Push downs
    4x10 ......................Chicken then went on to roofing ..........CDOG

Whats up my hommies .last week I hit that 10Ib pr and have been soar so I have taken a week off totaly .I will lift again on monday .I needed the rest bad! I look forward to hiting another PR on monday hopefully my partner will show up on time .Peace CDOG

Incredible progress cdog! You're getting me all physched up to try on my new bench shirt... keep hittin the weight bro!!!

HP

Farmer is offline Member
    Cdizzle,

Keep it up bro, it's definently a beotch getting into the gym when you are sore and tired. Just listen to yourself and make the most of it bro. I've been sick this past week and its been hell, I'll be getting back into it tomorrow but I needed the rest. Keep pumping bro!

Peace

Farmer

What up went inn this morning after a week lay off and did back tomorro I will max out on shirt not sure how this will go because I havent done anything for a week .

Today 8/11
    BB Rows 5x10
    Pull Downs to nips 5x10
    Low cable rows 5x10
    DB Rows 3x8 was getting tierd
    Incline alt DB Curls ..........CDOG

Well I laid off from the shirt max and took some more time off .Today is 8/16 and I went in and did back .Im feeling breety good my body is starting to come around so maybe Ill bench tomorro .Iam without a partner now due to the fact he would rather go back to school than spot for me full time so I know the numbers are going to go down because Im going to be taking the weight out my self but thats alright ,

Back light day (hypertrophy)
    BB Rows 185x 6x10
    Pull downs to lower chest 130x 6x10
    Cable rows 110x 6x10
    DB Rows 75x 4x8
    Hammer curls 10x10

Today was pretty good I went thinking that I would just take it easy but once I was under the bar I had to lift .I have been meesed up for about two weeks and my partner left for school so things have been harder for me learning to take the weight my self and then worring about loseing my lift with out my spoter around .But today was great !Because I almost hit my 300 today by my self in fact if I had one of you there yelling at me and calling me names Im sure I would have locked out lol.So that felt good because my raw max was 300 with the spoter so almost 300 without is ok for now .The funny thing today was after I missed the 300 I shirted up and tryed to touch 300 and it was a no touch but dang it came up like a spring so I thought Ill just put on 315 and make it touch and go from there .Well I know for sure without a doubt that I would have locked it out but I brought the weight way to low and lost over my stomach BAM!!!!Goes the weight on the pins .after that I just took the shirt off and went on to boards .I was fried anyways from the raw lift .I feels good to be back and it feels even better to lift without my partner because I know I will be able to lift big without him just in due time ..........CDOG

Barx10
    125x5
    135x5
    155x3
    185x3
    225x1
    245x1
    275x1
    300xmiss close though
    shirted up
    300 no touch but came up like a spring
    315 lost it over my stomach went to low on the way down

6brds
    275x3
    300x3
    315x3
    335x3

5brds
    245x3
    275x3
    300x3
    315x3

lockouts
    225x3
    245x3
    275x3
    315x3
    335x1
    365xmiss

Farmer is offline Member
    Wutup C!

Looking good bro, next time you need that edge bro just visualize me parked next to you at the bench in my beemer yelling at the top of my lungs to "LIFT THAT F!UCKING WEIGHT!!!" and what ed corney use to yell at arnold "GO PUT YOUR HIGH HEELS ON!"..grin take care bro!

Peace

Farmer

Fdizzle sup my neghezzy I need you to take a trip to the coast brother lost my training partner .Hey the truth is I come up by you alot we should hook it up sometime .I own a roofing Co down here in Newport and sometimes I have to go to the valley for materials .Maybe next time I come well hit your gym and put some weight on ......C DOG

Farmer is offline Member
    Fdizzle sup my neghezzy I need you to take a trip to the coast brother lost my training partner .Hey the truth is I come up by you alot we should hook it up sometime .I own a roofing Co down here in Newport and sometimes I have to go to the valley for materials .Maybe next time I come well hit your gym and put some weight on ......C DOG
    Sounds good bro..hit me up sometime over PM or email

Peace

Farmer

Well I laid off from the shirt max and took some more time off .Today is 8/16 and I went in and did back .Im feeling breety good my body is starting to come around so maybe Ill bench tomorro .Iam without a partner now due to the fact he would rather go back to school than spot for me full time so I know the numbers are going to go down because Im going to be taking the weight out my self but thats alright ,

Back light day (hypertrophy)
    BB Rows 185x 6x10
    Pull downs to lower chest 130x 6x10
    Cable rows 110x 6x10
    DB Rows 75x 4x8
    Hammer curls 10x10
    This post must have elluded me, and everyone else for that matter. Cdog bro those are some SICK numbers you're doing on those BB rows. If you're talking about bent over barbell rows which it says and you're repping 185 TEN TIMES for several sets that is the most insane thing I've heard of in awhile. That means you can do like 260 probably for a max... holy shit. Bro I don't know if I could even do 200 and my upper back is my biggest, and one of my strongest, muscle groups! Props bro...

HP

Thanks bro you make me blush na jk.No but for real thaks for the props brother I will normaly to 225 for 5 sets of 5 on heavy day .I row up hard but pause at the top and work the negs all reps are done with perfect form .I can tell you this rows are great for your bis .If you want guns drop the curls and hit that back hard and heavy .If I had it my way I would work back twice a week but this metal militia traing kicks my keyster so I need all the rest I can get .........Peace CDOG

Thats just sick. Great work!

HP

8/20 Shoulders seated military press 6x8 worked up to 135x3
    BB Shrugs 6x10x225
    plate raises 4x8
    lat raises 4x8

nothing heavy today just trying to get back into things cause Iwas overtrained for two weeks but feeling better ..........CDOG

8/23 Bench things going good
    Hey bro things are going pretty good .Last two weeks ago or so I lost my partner due to school anyways I was always used to him taking the weight for me or given me a hand off so when he left I went down in my max like 25 Ibs so this got me discouraged and I thought I was geting weaker .Today I went in and got 275 to jam up so I thought well I know I can get my 300 sooo Ill just bang out 305 .Well I dident get the 305 but it was close just stoped and stalled in the middle .I took off the 5Ibs and got my 300 raw .It makes me feel good cause it was me taking the weight the whole way through no help just me and the routine .So the next time I get a hand off I should be able to raw alot more than 300 ....I must say now that Im going up again in weight and Im makeing progress on my own I dont want to train with anybody for awhile .That way I can just lift and it takes at least 2 hrs to get through my routine but at least I dont have anyone around saying how long the routine is or how they got to hurry and go ect ,ect....Last thing I wanted to talk about is I have been working real hard on set up in fact that could have been one of the reasons I went down in my bench well that and overtraining .Anyways today although Im not pushing alot of weight my set up felt REAL SOLID !!! My arch is giting higer legs are going wider and my base is geting solid .Im able to bring the bar lower and all this is good ......One last not I believe that set up is half the battle .Once you can get tight and get that arch up and feet wide you feel soild .Today was the first time I felt everything come together.......CDOG

Barx15
    135x3
    155x3
    185x3
    225x1
    275x1
    305xmiss
    300xeasy

4Brds
    225x10
    245x8
    275x3
    300x1

3Brds
    225x3
    245x3
    300x1

Rope push downs
    4x20

I stayed short of failure just trying not to burn out again ..Peace

Last edited by cdog; 08-22-2003 at 05:24 PM.

Just worked on reps again nothing hard
    8/26
    Barx10
    125x3
    135x3
    155x3
    185x3
    225x3
    255x3
    275x3

6Brds
    225x8
    245x3
    255x3
    275x3
    300x3
    315x3
    had to hurry sooooo
    bump down to 225 and did 3sets of 8
    lat raises 4x10
    thats all I had time for .I just ordered another shirt
    I got a single ply denim by Karin v back Iam way looking forward to geting this shirt.Peace CDOG

Farmer is offline Member
    Wussup bro, I don't know why Im saying this but I was plannin on hittin the beach this weekend (labor day) with my friend and some girls but I've gotta work instead. I was gonna hit you up...but anyhow..take care bro and keep throwin up that weight! Just remember what ronnie says "Light weight!"

Peace

Farmer

Its all good bra anytime you come down let me know ....

8/28 Back

BBRows ,6x8
    wide grip bar cable rows 6x8
    DBRows 4x6
    Pull downs 4x8 ......
    Hammer curls 4x8
    Incline curls 2x8
    CDOG

9/2
    Whats up bro's today was good .I took alittle time off for the labor day weekend .Hope everybody had a safe weekend .Anyways Just worked on some reps I took nothing to failure .I got a video from Sabastian at Metal Melitia and let me tell you it was worth every cent !Its a must for anyone who would want a bigger bench ......CDOG

BARX10
    125X5
    135X5
    225X5
    245X3
    275X1
    300X1
    225x8x3
    I would like to note that I own 300 now !!!!Its easy

4brds
    225x3
    275x3
    300x3
    315x3

3brds
    245x3
    265x3
    300x1

wide grip pull downs to stomach
    4x8

Lat raises
    4x8

Last edited by cdog; 09-03-2003 at 08:13 PM.

Farmer is offline Member
    Ya big bastard.. Whats up..hope you had a good labor day..mine was chill just worked Do you plan on any comps in the future?? excuse my ignorance if it was already posted..grin

Peace

Farmer

what up farm farm.....Hmm lets see comps I dont know .I would like to wait until Im at 405 or so before I do any benching in a ,meet .That be real soon just have to wait and see how much Ill get out of my new bench shirt .....Peace CDOG

Nothing special today just work on geting my shoulders stronger and a little back work

BB Shrugs worked up to 315Ibx4x10
    Overhead BB press worked up to 155Ib x5x5
    Cable Rows 150Ibx4x8
    Hammer curls 40Ib 4x5.....

CDOG

Today went good .I cant wait to get my new shirt from karin cause I cant stand the feel of this thing I got now..Hope everybodys having a good and safe weekend.........CDOG

Bar x10
    135x8
    185x3
    225x3
    275x1
    shirted up
    315x3

6 brds
    245x3
    315x3
    355x1
    375x1