jasperhup is offline Junior Member

Making my cottonseed oil sterile

Just got a shipment of AR-R goodies to Canada, nice fast shipping!

Ok, so i am cutting prop with the oil.

My understanding is i need to sterilize it, and i think i know how, but i am worried about the details. Here is what i think the process is, and the questions i have for each step.

1. Bake the oil. 200 degrees F. Do I just put the plastic bottle in the oven? top on or off? how long?

2. Let it cool (i'm good with this one!).

3. pull it out with a syringe filter on my syringe, inject it into a sterile vial, add gear. do i just stick the needle into the oil, pull it in, then add the filter push it out into the vial, and repeat the process? after that i add my gear to the vial, then just let it sit? shake it up? i suppose letting it sit for a couple days should be good then?

i really appreciate all the help everyone.

thanks!

bump!

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    All you need to do to sterilize the oil is to run it through a 0.2um syringe filter. That's it, no baking, no nothing. Make sure the last thing you do is run the oil into the vial with the filter, dont filter it before then run it into the vial.

How is your gear? Is it powder? Or oil? Are these vials sealed and sterile?

oil sealed vials, all nice and sterile.

so i'm right in that i just dunk the needle into the bottle of oil, yank it out, slap on the whatman, pump that juice all into a sealed vile, then add my gear into that vial and let sit, right?

thanks much

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Draw your gear AND your Oil in the same syringe, put on the whatman 0.2um syringe filter and then run it into the vial at the same time. Remember to put another small 27G or so needle into the vial as a vent, this will help relieve the pressure. So start pumping your oil in the vial, after 0.5mL or so, place the venting syringe inside, then keep pumping the rest of the oil in. Then remove both syringes.

oh, so would it be a problem to load a vial up with filtered cotton seed oil and then put gear into it?

Thread Information