Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ryanfaro is offline New Member

clen effectiveness

how much more effective is clen over ECA for fat burning? Also, can somebody tell me everything I will need to buy with the clen order and correct dosing. thanks

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Clen vs ECA really comes down to personal preference. I'm a fan of clen myself, but there's many highly respected members on this site that prefer ECA. As for the dosing....you need to do some research. I could tell you, but you're not gonna learn anything other than how to take somebody's word for it. There's a million posts on the site about clen and dosing. Use the search feature at the top right hand corner. Hint: Use advance search and type in clen and seach it by "titles only". Good Luck.

Oh....and after you do your research. Feel free to post up your proposed cycle and we'll look over it to make sure you're not gonna kill yourself. LOL

Kk570h is offline Associate Member
    I would recommend using both if you still didn't find out in your research ..2wks on/2wks off for each , what are your stats? age height weight bf% ..?

20 years old, 16% bodyfat, 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Kk570h View Post
    I would recommend using both if you still didn't find out in your research ..2wks on/2wks off for each , what are your stats? age height weight bf% ..?
    Huh???? Are you suggesting at the same time??? If so that's horrible advice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade

Huh???? Are you suggesting at the same time??? If so that's horrible advice!!!!
    NoOoO silly you should know im not thatttt dumb ...I'm recommending if ur going to go for the clen OR ECA mind as well cycle both off and on ..I should have been more specific I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanfaro
    20 years old, 16% bodyfat, 195 pounds
    Height?

NoOoO silly you should know im not thatttt dumb ...I'm recommending if ur going to go for the clen OR ECA mind as well cycle both off and on ..I should have been more specific I apologize
    I still don't get it. I hope you're not suggesting that he take ECA during his off weeks? I'm not trying to offend you I just want the OP to understand what you're trying to say

I still don't get it. I hope you're not suggesting that he take ECA during his off weeks? I'm not trying to offend you I just want the OP to understand what you're trying to say
    I was suggesting exactly that ..2weeks clen /cytomel followed by 2 weeks ECA ..
    I ran it before ECA weeks 1/2 and 5/6, Clen weeks 3/4 and 7/8. That worked for me flat out ... Did it do something bad to me I don't know about?

*sits and waits for slfmades .02

BTW no offense taken ..

I am 5'9. I would like to run clen if it is more effective than ECA. any other supplements I will need?

Blog Entries
    I was suggesting exactly that ..2weeks clen /cytomel followed by 2 weeks ECA ..
    I ran it before ECA weeks 1/2 and 5/6, Clen weeks 3/4 and 7/8. That worked for me flat out ... Did it do something bad to me I don't know about?

*sits and waits for slfmades .02

BTW no offense taken ..
    its pointless to run both clen and eca back to back because they are both beta 2 agonists and compeat for the same receptors so your not really giving your body a break durring your so called off weeks...see what i mean?...its just best to do one or the other 2weeks on 2 weeks off or whatever doseing protocal you decide...
    Last edited by ghettoboyd; 03-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    its pointless to run both clen and eca back to back because they are both beta 2 antagonists and compeat for the same receptors so your not really giving your body a break durring your so called off weeks...see what i mean?...its just best to do one or the other 2weeks on 2 weeks off or whatever doseing protocal you decide...
    ^^^This. If you do both it's going render the rest of the cycle useless for the most part. So after weeks 2 you're just running a bunch of compounds for no/very little gain. Personal experience is great, but you have to know the science behind it sometimes before you give advice. Placebo itself is a powerful thing and forces people to believe things that often aren't true.

the question still remains for me, I think it's clear clen is a little more dangerous and I am trying to evaluate using it depending on how powerful it is over ECA. I've read most cycle clen, maybe all. But never have I read to cycle ECA. I could be misinformed which is fine, at least I am not ignorant. I have been running ECA for 2 months or so. How much more effective is clen and then I will find the proper dosing. How much is lean body mass preserved for both? thanks so much guys, just trying to make an informed decision.

"Clenbuterol vs Ephedrine vs DNP

Ephedrine will raise metabolic levels by about 2-3 percent and 200mg of DNP
    raises metabolic levels by about 30 percent. Clenbuterol raises metabolic levels
    about 10 percent and it can raise body temperature several degrees."

This put it in good perspective for me.
    This is the dosing I will go for.

Day1: 60mcg
    Day2: 80mcg
    Day3: 80mcg
    Day4: 100mcg
    Day5: 100mcg
    Day6-Day12: 120mcg
    Day13: 100 mcg
    Day14: 80 mcgs

"People often want to compare ephedrine to Clenbuterol . This is fine as long as you realize that they act in different ways. Clenbuterol is a specific beta-2 adrenergic agonist. As such, Clenbuterol interacts directly with beta-2 receptors on muscle and fat tissue. Ephedrine, on the other hand, is not a direct beta-2 agonist. In fact, ephedrine is a poor ligand for the beta-2 receptor. Instead, ephedrine stimulates the release of noradrenaline from sympathetic nerve terminals. The noradrenaline then goes on to interact with muscle and fat cells as a nonspecific adrenergic agonist. This simply means that noradrenaline activates beta-2 receptors, but also other beta-receptors as well as alpha-receptors. So to compare ephedrine and Clenbuterol you must take into account their differences."

"The differences between ephedrine and Clenbuterol are important. For example, Clenbuterol is a very potent beta-2 agonist. As a result, within 14 to 21 days, the beta-2 receptors on muscle and fat cells will be drawn into the cell membrane to reduce their availability to Clenbuterol. Then, if you continue to take it, they will be disassembled all together, leaving you insensitive to Clenbuterol. It then takes at least 2-3 weeks for receptors to replenish themselves on muscle and fat cells. Once again, ephedrine is different with respect to down regulation. Ephedrine, being a much weaker agonist, does not cause rapid desensitization and/or down-regulation of adrenergic receptors. This allows ephedrine to be used effectively for many months. Despite these differences, both drugs should be tapered over the course of several weeks before discontinuing them. If you don't, you will quickly replace the fat you just lost due to an increased appetite and a decreased ability of fat cells to mobilize stored fat."

And the end outlook:
    "Ephedrine and Clenbuterol have two different, yet similar mechanisms of action. Nevertheless, don't use Clenbuterol and ephedrine at the same time, or even in an alternating fashion. Both drugs work through the beta-adrenergic receptor, however, Clenbuterol will shut down beta-receptors within a few weeks. Taking ephedrine at that time will do little for you. Better to use ephedrine from the start of your diet, only switching to Clenbuterol no further than 3 weeks out from the contest."

Thanks guys for the info. Made me do some more research and get the science down ..it would have been even more efficient letting my receptors rejuvenate or taking ECA stack FIRST then hitting the CLEN when I'm completely finished doing the ECA ... THANKS AGAIN!

Not a problem. Anytime somebody gives me advice...I don't just take it for fact...I go and research the hell out of it. Though I value the opinion of many on here....I won't do anything with blind faith regardless of who says it. I suggest you do the same.

Sometimes people hand out information that was accepted in the past, but with new scientific trails and discoveries have been proven wrong.

Just in the last few days there was a member here who I think is knowledgeable; however, told a new member that benadryl with up regulate your B2R's. This was information that most thought to be fact up until a few years ago. He thought he was giving good advice, but was wrong. He also mentioned that it worked for him very well. See, sometimes our mind can make us believe things are working when they're really not.

Long story short. NEVER just take one person's word for something as fact. Do you own research. At the end of the day you'll become more knowledgeable and more qualified to give others advice because your knowledge is based from research and not just based off of 1 person's view point.

how is my dosing? should I supplement with anything else?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanfaro View Post
    how is my dosing? should I supplement with anything else?
    I wouldn't taper down at the end.

Take 3g of Taurine a day.

Drink lots of water.

Take with Keto if you want to run for more than two weeks.

Catdad is offline Junior Member
    Not a problem. Anytime somebody gives me advice...I don't just take it for fact...I go and research the hell out of it. Though I value the opinion of many on here....I won't do anything with blind faith regardless of who says it. I suggest you do the same.

Sometimes people hand out information that was accepted in the past, but with new scientific trails and discoveries have been proven wrong.

Just in the last few days there was a member here who I think is knowledgeable; however, told a new member that benadryl with up regulate your B2R's. This was information that most thought to be fact up until a few years ago. He thought he was giving good advice, but was wrong. He also mentioned that it worked for him very well. See, sometimes our mind can make us believe things are working when they're really not.

Long story short. NEVER just take one person's word for something as fact. Do you own research. At the end of the day you'll become more knowledgeable and more qualified to give others advice because your knowledge is based from research and not just based off of 1 person's view point.
    Exactly! I saw that post too, take advice but don't eat up every word you're told.

Blog Entries
    "People often want to compare ephedrine to Clenbuterol . This is fine as long as you realize that they act in different ways. Clenbuterol is a specific beta-2 adrenergic agonist. As such, Clenbuterol interacts directly with beta-2 receptors on muscle and fat tissue. Ephedrine, on the other hand, is not a direct beta-2 agonist. In fact, ephedrine is a poor ligand for the beta-2 receptor. Instead, ephedrine stimulates the release of noradrenaline from sympathetic nerve terminals. The noradrenaline then goes on to interact with muscle and fat cells as a nonspecific adrenergic agonist. This simply means that noradrenaline activates beta-2 receptors, but also other beta-receptors as well as alpha-receptors. So to compare ephedrine and Clenbuterol you must take into account their differences."

"The differences between ephedrine and Clenbuterol are important. For example, Clenbuterol is a very potent beta-2 agonist. As a result, within 14 to 21 days, the beta-2 receptors on muscle and fat cells will be drawn into the cell membrane to reduce their availability to Clenbuterol. Then, if you continue to take it, they will be disassembled all together, leaving you insensitive to Clenbuterol. It then takes at least 2-3 weeks for receptors to replenish themselves on muscle and fat cells. Once again, ephedrine is different with respect to down regulation. Ephedrine, being a much weaker agonist, does not cause rapid desensitization and/or down-regulation of adrenergic receptors. This allows ephedrine to be used effectively for many months. Despite these differences, both drugs should be tapered over the course of several weeks before discontinuing them. If you don't, you will quickly replace the fat you just lost due to an increased appetite and a decreased ability of fat cells to mobilize stored fat."

And the end outlook:
    "Ephedrine and Clenbuterol have two different, yet similar mechanisms of action. Nevertheless, don't use Clenbuterol and ephedrine at the same time, or even in an alternating fashion. Both drugs work through the beta-adrenergic receptor, however, Clenbuterol will shut down beta-receptors within a few weeks. Taking ephedrine at that time will do little for you. Better to use ephedrine from the start of your diet, only switching to Clenbuterol no further than 3 weeks out from the contest."

Thanks guys for the info. Made me do some more research and get the science down ..it would have been even more efficient letting my receptors rejuvenate or taking ECA stack FIRST then hitting the CLEN when I'm completely finished doing the ECA ... THANKS AGAIN!
    this pretty much backed up what is originaly said....not to run clen and eca back to back durring the off weeks of a clen cycle...i didnt explain why because i thought it was obvious why peeps do the 2 weeks off to cleans the receptors...none the less good info bro...

Julz_W is offline Junior Member
    What's the shortest period time you can have off clen during your cycle? I've seen 2 days on 2 days off - 1 week on 1 week off. Is it possible to do 1 week on 2 days off or are you required to do the complete balance?

Cheers

J.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I wouldn't taper down at the end.

Take 3g of Taurine a day.

Drink lots of water.

Take with Keto if you want to run for more than two weeks.
    Ok so I should stick with 120 at the most? also, if I run keto how long should I run the cycle?

tballz is offline Senior Member
    If you can handle 120mcg/day then go for it. I, also, wouldn't taper down.

With ketotifen you can run clen for as long as you like. They up-regulate the receptors so you can stay on clen.

Quote Originally Posted by tballz View Post
    If you can handle 120mcg/day then go for it. I, also, wouldn't taper down.

With ketotifen you can run clen for as long as you like. They up-regulate the receptors so you can stay on clen.
    Awesome, thanks guys. Do you know if the AR-R clen comes with a dosing syringe?

Julz_W is offline Junior Member
    Awesome, thanks guys. Do you know if the AR-R clen comes with a dosing syringe?
    yeah it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Julz_W View Post
    yeah it does.
    ...and all the markings rub off quickly. Mark your dose in Sharpie or be prepared to run to the store for a new one soon.

Update: got the product, dosed it at 20 mcg and 40mcg yesterday and today, a few sides but quick question - when i bring the pump to .2 ML the clen doesn't come up all the way to the increment labeled on the pump. how does that work

Plyler38 is offline New Member

benadryl and clen

Update: got the product, dosed it at 20 mcg and 40mcg yesterday and today, a few sides but quick question - when i bring the pump to .2 ML the clen doesn't come up all the way to the increment labeled on the pump. how does that work
    Is benadryl still effective with keeping the receptors activated after 2 weeks?

Take a look and you will notice that the empty air at the top is equal to the amount of fluid below the zero mark. So just follow the marks like you would on any syringe and it is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanfaro
    How's your clen going bro? Sides? Any loss yet.? How strict is ur diet?

Hey guys so a quick update. Diet is getting more strict by the day. protein very high. However my lifting is sort of difficult. I took my 60mcg dose yesterday and was not able to squat due to shakes. to fix this I am going to lift later in the day. Sides - shakes and very bad headaches. I am supplementing with 2g of Taurine which I will up for 3G. Clen hasn't been raising my heart rate. I usually wake up at 90 heart rate and I remain that way while not lifting. could this be because I was using an EC stack for a few months before clen? Took 80mcg today. heart rate hasn't gone up, appetite has not gone down and I feel tired throughout the day. I will be using 100 mcg tommorow and 120 for the remainder of this 17 day cycle. no problems sleeping at night at all. I was expecting clen to be very focusing and jittery but I guess my conception was wrong. no weight loss yet
    Last edited by Ryanfaro; 04-03-2012 at 11:03 AM.

reichertc2009 is offline Junior Member
    I got my CLEN from ar-r and have been runnin' 100mcg (1/2-ml) but its such a small amount of liquid it seems like not enough and havn problems gettn the right amont of liquid in that syringe they gave me to run only a half cc, whats the best way to take and is that accurate dosage?

gonebluffn is offline Associate Member
    when on clen I drink 2 gallons of water a day helps with the shakes you will get used to them after a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by reichertc2009 View Post
    I got my CLEN from ar-r and have been runnin' 100mcg (1/2-ml) but its such a small amount of liquid it seems like not enough and havn problems gettn the right amont of liquid in that syringe they gave me to run only a half cc, whats the best way to take and is that accurate dosage?
    If you got the standard 1ml oral syringe, then every large line is .1ml (not 1ml).

So, you will pull the syringe half full to get to .5ml.

Gonna give you guys an update.

my clen cycle - It was pretty useless for a few reasons. My receptors were burnt out from a month or so of ECA that I only took a 3 day break before clen, did 13 days of it until I realized I was just getting all the negative side effects without fat loss due to the fact my receptors were pretty burnt.

I started a new one 2 days ago. Which was an 11 day break, should be ample. Started at 60mcg. which is the 3 on the oral syringe.

Heres what I don't get. My diet in between the cycles. Losing weight perfectly at the rate of 2 pounds a week due to a 1000 calorie deficit, everything is dandy. diet is NOT changing. I lose around 4 pounds heading into cycle two. I take my 60mcg and the diet is the same mind you, I wake up 4 pounds heavier. I would LOVE an explanation to this, really would love it. I don't mean to be rude but it isn't making sense to me. Here is a few things I will clear up right now for you.

I count my calories, I use a weight scale, I do not do cardio.
    My macros end up being the following - 2000 calories, 200 protein, 70 fat and maybe 110-150 carbs. sometimes lower.

I make perfect headway without supplements and it feels like clen is only hurting me rather than helping - side effects, horrible sleep, I feel out of it and the scale, rather than slow weight loss or staying the same, IS A GAIN.

somebody attempt to explain this, I know what I should do, drop the calories a little more, and keep at it, but it gets severely difficult when this is what happens. I consider myself very good with nutrition and macronutrients.

Is this all because of what the scale said on day one?

If so, relax and watch for a trend. You know that you didn't gain four pounds of fat overnight, so everything is fine.

Don't be trapped by the number on the scale. "Losing weight" isn't a very healthy long-term goal - the goal should be to lose fat. Don't weigh every day. Take pictures in the mirror every week so you can see your body change.

Keep posting your results so we can see what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Is this all because of what the scale said on day one?

If so, relax and watch for a trend. You know that you didn't gain four pounds of fat overnight, so everything is fine.

Don't be trapped by the number on the scale. "Losing weight" isn't a very healthy long-term goal - the goal should be to lose fat. Don't weigh every day. Take pictures in the mirror every week so you can see your body change.

Keep posting your results so we can see what is going on.
    thanks for your response, really means a lot that I can go through this with somebody knowledgeable.

allow me to clarify, I didn't just go to sleep and wake up heavier, this is exactly what happened.

I went about my normal diet, and simply just did not "float" weight like I usually would throughout the day, and therefore wokeup what I weighed the night before which was 4 pounds heavier in two days of clen .

As far as holding water and whatnot, I am very familiar with my body. I use to wrestle in high school and used ways to lose water and I am familiar with when I am holding water. I went about my normal diet on clen, was feeling pretty bad from the side effects but not a big deal, supplementing taurine and drinking water only.

it seems like my metabolism is just not working correctly, when I usually go to sleep with 9 hours of sleep, I will have burned a pound in my sleep, whether it be water or fat losses from previous days. on clen, I will wake up the same exact number, almost holding what I ate the day before. I know I sound absurd but I really know my body well as during wrestling I had to weigh myself every few hours a week before a meet. It just seems off.

But I am going to listen to you, its hard to develop mirror opinions when I step on a scale heavier. I am not holding much water at the moment, I had a very specific goal to reach 6% bodyfat by August and I am not looking for a one week fix, I just want to know I am on the right track, that's all, I just want to be sure what I am doing will bring me to my goal.

I am not suffering on my diet, I do not have cravings or urges, I am just fine and can stick to it very easily as long as I know I am doing the right thing and making progress.

But, alas, I am going to continue and use the mirror to my advantage.

So far today I had 500 calories, 75 protein. I will use a 100mcg of clen right now.

Question: for my morning workout, I used jack3d. I know clen has a considerably long half life and I know using jack3d maybe dangerous, however, I felt okay and jack3d is what is reversing the glycogen depletion from clen, so I am getting good workouts. As long as I feel fine can I continue Jack3d? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Ryanfaro; 04-24-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Do you think you can make it to 6% bodyfat without cardio? If so, I am totally jealous.

I don't think there is enough info to know exactly what is going on. You are correct that it is strange to not lose some weight during the night. I usually wake up a few pounds lighter. Things are going to change when you put drugs into your system, plus it disturbs sleep schedules, etc. I would expect a little chaos in the beginning.

Did you up your water intake when you started Clen ?

You have gained four pounds, right? And now you aren't losing any weight? It has been two days?

Are you lifting heavy?

Not sure about jack3d as I don't take any sups and haven't looked into them. Hopefully others will chime in.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Personally I don't usually take pre-wo, especially while on clen . But if you do you may wanna check your HR n BP throughout the workout to see where you're at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information