Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member

BSV's Thai Green Curry Coconut Chicken

1 can light coconut milk (45cal 1/4 cup)
    Green curry paste
    Boneless skinless chicken breast x4
    Bell Peppers x4 (different colours make it more visually appearing)
    Brown rice, I like basmati

Cut chicken into 1in chunks. Add oil to large pan, heat, add chicken, cook until almost finished. Pour 1 can of coconut milk into a pot, stir in one tbsp green curry past (or more for more heat, 1tbsp is pretty hot though). Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer, stirring frequently. Allow to simmer 3-5 minutes to thicken curry sauce. Poor sauce over chicken, and cut up peppers and simmer until peppers are cooked.

Alternatives:
    1) Instead of serving over rice, cut up desired amount of yams into cubes, half cook in oven or microwave, and finish in sauce with chicken and veggies.

2) Instead of rice, boil yam noodles and poor chicken/veggies/sauce over top

3) Add broccoli with peppers. It really soaks up the flavour

4) They're not always at the regular market chains, but lemon grass and bamboo really make this authentic and perfectly round off the flavour.

5) Green curry paste can be exchanged with red or yellow. For a more Indian flavour, mix 2 tbsp madras curry powder, 1tsp tika masalla, 1 tsp garam masalla, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cinnamon or 15 cardamom pods to coconut milk instead of curry paste. Remove cardamom before pouring over chicken.

6) Chicken can be substituted for any meat, beef, lean ground, turkey, lamb, goat, game, tofu, etc...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Thanks, definitely gonna try this!! What do you think about using something like PAM spray instead of oil to cook the chicken? I'm REALLY trying to keep the fat content to a minimum...

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thanks, definitely gonna try this!! What do you think about using something like PAM spray instead of oil to cook the chicken? I'm REALLY trying to keep the fat content to a minimum...
    should be fine. as long as the chicken isn't sticking to the pan you're good to go.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    should be fine. as long as the chicken isn't sticking to the pan you're good to go.
    Awesome. After seeing some of your other posts, I see you're a big fan of curry. I'm not way into it... but i'm gonna make this recipe as is and see how I handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Awesome. After seeing some of your other posts, I see you're a big fan of curry. I'm not way into it... but i'm gonna make this recipe as is and see how I handle it.
    If you're not a big fan, you may want to use less green curry paste. I find It has quite a kick. I love curries because they can really change the flavour of your meals without compromising the macros all that much. If green is to much try yellow, it's a bit milder.

Thread Information