Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Pittsburgh Penguins baby !!! These kids are young and aggressive ... watch for them !
    If they are gonna win it they are gonna have to do it this year or next because there is no way they are going to be able to re-sign all those guys and stay under the salary cap. They are by far the most talent rich team right now and the only reason they have all of them is because they don't qualify yet for more money. I don't think they can do it with Fleury in net though.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    rangers baby!!!!! ****ing blue shirts all the way!!!!

reaktorblue is offline Junior Member
    3 more to go to to get to the 2nd round, wee!

BigGuy5420 is offline Associate Member
    yea the thrashers game was f'in intense

Lacrosse2552 is offline Junior Member
    Sharks!!

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Go Flames Go!!!!, even tho they are getting pounded by the Wings... ahh well, I like them too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nhl.. anyone watch hockey?-calgary-flames-team-logo-photofile-photograph-c10048842.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrosse2552
    Sharks!!
    2nd favorite team!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah I like the Sharks as well, since you guys got Rivet. I like Buffalo and the Sens as well. Damn the 'Nuks & Stars games are boring.

Here we go! OT again!! I just hope it doesn't go to a fourth OT again. I gotta work tomorrow and work was horrible last week after game 1! lol

WOOHOO!!! Pyatt is finally starting to do what he is supposed to. Two more wins to go!!!

Round 2 is starting to shape up.

Jakspro is offline Member
    detroit hopefully takes it in 6 tonight and hopefully dallas wraps up the cunucks tomorrow night

rbehniwal is offline Associate Member
    Canucks All The Way!!!

it was a good game to watch thats for sure

Definately a good game...could have gone either way...both teams were awesome in this series...I have to give it up to dallas because they were a little better in this series but Luongo held on for the canucks

Vancouver was looking so good last night. Luongo's first play off's ever and they are in 2nd round! Too bad for Dallas...
    Detroit whooped Calgary. IMO, if everyone on Calgary played as good as Mikka kippursoff, they could go to the cup again. Either way, Detroit deserved it way more than Calgary did. Calgary was so hit and miss.... Detroit is looking hot... Man. Things are heating up fellas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike
    Doesn't matter, its the year of the Canuck anyways
    If it is... I'll be celebrating it in style on Robson st. with ya. They are looking good.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    My money is on San Jose this year.

Round 2 is gonna be brutal... I can see almost every series running to 6 games

Round 2 should be a good one for the fans and an exhausting one for the players.

The ducks destroyed the Canucks. Anyone watch that hattrick at the end. Soooo sweet. I don't care who wins as long as I'm watching hockey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    Round 2 is gonna be brutal... I can see almost every series running to 6 games
    Yeah but I see the Nuks and Ducks finishing pretty fast as well as Rangers and Sabres.

San Jose vs Detroit and NJ vs Ottawa, should be really interesting series.

Ducks will kill Vancouver in 5 games, Vancouver just isn't producing offensively and when they do it isn't very strong, they rely too much on their goalie and the ducks offense and defense are too good to match.

Sabers first 2 rounds are a joke facing the Islanders and Rangers, they will get to the conference finals easily beating the Rangers in 5 or maybe even sweep em and then have their first challenge.

Sens and Devs will be an ok series just because the Sens will make it interesting, Devils hockey is to score a goal and try to burn off the rest of the clock and let Marty make some saves but Ottawa'a offense is better than most teams and will give New Jersey a good run. I say Ottawa in 6.

San Jose and Detroit will be the best series to watch imo, both teams have speed, it will be physical and they have good goaltending. I've been saying it all year, the Sharks are gonna go to the finals, they are loaded with talent and already knocked off Nashville easily who I also liked. Detroit is a well put together team and can make a dent if they try but they are aging and wont be able to match up physically with the Sharks. I say San Jose in 6.

Third Round matchups to come later......

My Predictions

EAST
    Ottawa VS NJ[Ottawa in 6]
    Buffalo VS NY[Buffalo in 5]

WEST
    San Jose VS Detroit[San Jose in 7]
    Anaheim VS Vancouver[Anaheim in 5]

Predictions

EAST
    Ottawa Vs NJ [Ottawa in 6]
    Buffalo Vs NY [Buffalo in 6] <-- I think NY has it in them to win twice, possibly in a row at home

WEST
    Sharks Vs Wings [Wings in 6] <-- I know Wings are old, but they also have talent, if they can keep up physically, and i think they can, they'll take the series

Ducks Vs Nuks [Ducks in 5] <-- As said earlier, Nuks offense isn't producing

It appears the rangers have some fight in them, jagr has been impressive and they aren't goin down too easy. sabers haven't been playing like their usual selves tho. seems like this is the only series I misjudged so far.

The devils have been playing decent when they decide to play some deffense. And i see them taking a win at home. But that'll be their last, still Ottawa in 6.

NY - Yup, they have some fight left in them, but i think its only at home, like i said earlier they prolly aren't going to be able to close this series, UNLESS they take game 5 on the road, and i REALLY think that game will be one of the most exciting games of round 2. + They have a huge confidence boost after 2 in a row at home.

Wings - Wow, they really saved their asses in game 4. Game 5 at home is a MUST win for them. And i'm actually really nervous about them right now.

Nuks are done, enough said.

I dont think that many people give credit to NY where credit is due. Quite honestly they made one big mistake that cost them the game in game 2 of the series, without a really bad pass from Malik right up the center, the series could quite easily be 3-1 in favor of the rangers.

Perhaps I'm biased because I'm a Ranger fan, but its such a 50/50 series that I see no reason for NY not winning.

^^ You can't say that the NY vs Buffalo series is a coin flip. Buffalo finished best team in the league and have been playing consistant while NY has been up and down and finished 2 points out of 8th. Yes I know the playoffs are much different than the regular season and the team with momentum can go far but you still can't count out Buffalo, Ruff will crack out the whip after their latest performance and they will bounce back. NY has been a surprise to me and I wouldn't mind seeing them win but I'm still taking Buffalo to come out on top by May 8th.

You're going completely on the entire season as opposed to the trade deadline and on. Since the deadline, the Rangers were only a few points earned then the Sabres. Better then that, Lundqvist has had a better record then Miller. Lundqvist might not win the Vezina Trophy, but only 3 others were nominated, Kiprusoff, Brodeur, and Luongo.

Dont get me wrong, I have to give credit where credit is due, but no one gives credit to the Rangers and for what? Because they had a so/so kinda crappy start and slightly better midseason, and kinda crappy years before then?

There are a few things that are certain. One of them being if the Rangers lose the series, it will have been a great series, frought with tough, intense play, tons of BS calls for both teams making it interesting, and ultimately fun to watch. The other thing, if the Rangers win, theres going to be tons of people who seemingly change their tune.

The Rangers arent the inconsistent stragglers they were at the beginning of the season, I wouldnt consider them the best by any means, but when they are hungry for a win, they put up a great fight. They can be beat, but I'm not going to count them out just because of what they did earlier on, I'm going to bank on the players natural talent potential and what they have been utilizing thus far.

I want a penny for every tear shed if the Rangers do beat Buffalo in this series so I can retire and play golf with Bill Gates and the rest of the Sabres :P

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15
    ^^ You can't say that the NY vs Buffalo series is a coin flip. Buffalo finished best team in the league and have been playing consistant while NY has been up and down and finished 2 points out of 8th. Yes I know the playoffs are much different than the regular season and the team with momentum can go far but you still can't count out Buffalo, Ruff will crack out the whip after their latest performance and they will bounce back. NY has been a surprise to me and I wouldn't mind seeing them win but I'm still taking Buffalo to come out on top by May 8th.

up and down?? since the allstar break they have 2 less points then the sabres.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    up and down?? since the allstar break they have 2 less points then the sabres.
    Yea they were better the end of the year, I was a bigger watcher the first half of the season so I suppose I am being unfair. They are kicking ass tonight tho I wish them luck.

Round 3 I think is going to be hard to predict. I think Sabers - Ottawa is a solid match up. Strong offense on both sides, though Sabers didn't show it enough in round 2. Tough to decide on this one.

West, Wings are thicker IMO than ducks, but Ducks are playing some good ice, I really dont wanna say it but i think its thiers for the taking... But still hope Detroit comes out on top.

ottawa vs san jose would be sweet...

San Jose really disappointed me, they just fell apart.

tell me about it. And where is Mark Bell??? I barely see him on the ice for even ten minutes!!! San Jose did sorta fall apart. I agree. Very disappointed.

I want a penny for every tear shed if the Rangers do beat Buffalo in this series so I can retire and play golf with Bill Gates and the rest of the Sabres
    Then we would all be poor, cause everyone would have to break $20's, $50's & 100's just to get pennies for you! lol. Too funny.

Its hard for me to pick a champ this year,

I like the Ducks, Ottawa and Sabers. I still have doubts with the Wings even tho they knocked out my pick because they would need to beat the Ducks and then Ottawa or Buffalo and I dont think its gonna happen.

Right now I'll predict the cup is going to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    My Predictions

EAST
    Ottawa VS NJ[Ottawa in 6]
    Buffalo VS NY[Buffalo in 5]

WEST
    San Jose VS Detroit[San Jose in 7]
    Anaheim VS Vancouver[Anaheim in 5]
    I did pretty well for my predictions, 3/4. Im really looking foward for the next round, should be exciting. Ottawa/Buffalo and Detroit/Anaheim wow to close to call, Im going to have to think about this.

Good calls, Jaks

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    I did pretty well for my predictions, 3/4. Im really looking foward for the next round, should be exciting. Ottawa/Buffalo and Detroit/Anaheim wow to close to call, Im going to have to think about this.

Good calls, Jaks
    Prada your picks were well done.......look similar to someone else's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information