Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tommy Gunn is offline Member

Creatine when first coming back from surgery?

In 3 weeks I can go back to lifting after taking 4 months off due to surgery and physical therapy for a torn pec.

My question is, would it be wise to take a creatine or NO product when I first go back to help me get some blood flow and some pump back in me right away?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I wouldn't worry about the supplements, at first. Work on getting your neuromuscular coordination and strength back, first.

I hope I'm able to lift in 3 weeks. It's been 9 weeks post surgery and my bicep/brachialis area still hurts (that's where he drilled holes in the humurus bone to reattach the pec tendon).

This hurts but my doc said it's just post surgery pain. I don't know if I believe him.
    Last edited by Tommy Gunn; 07-06-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    I hope I'm able to lift in 3 weeks. It's been 9 weeks post surgery and my bicep/brachialis area still hurts (that's where he drilled holes in the humurus bone to reattach the pec tendon).

This hurts but my doc said it's just post surgery pain. I don't know if I believe him.
    How did you tear your pec?

I'm 26 years old. On March 21 while flat bench pressing I completely tore my pectoral major muscle at the muscle-tendenous junction. I went to the doctor, got MRI's, even a second opinion, etc. 7 weeks later on May 9 I had surgery to repair this. My doctor reattached 80% of the tendon but 20% he couldn't reattach because it was too scarred down.

I've been going to physical therapy ever since. I have 3 more weeks of PT and than (according to my doctors protocol) I can go back to light lifting. I still have some pain im my bicep/brachialis area (where he drilled holes in the humurus bone and did the pec reattachment) but my doc said that is just surgery pain and will go away in time.

I am not taking any HGH or AAS and don't plan to. I have nothng against it, I just don't want to do it. I'm hoping this pain in my bicep/brachialis area will eventually go away and I can make a complete recovery.
    Last edited by Tommy Gunn; 07-07-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I going to think about this one, for a while, and ask some of my collegues (spelling). I will get back to you, though.

Thread Information