Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dangerdan is offline Senior Member

Protein during workout

It takes me about 20-30 minutes to get home from my gym. I normally lift for a hour and then do 45 minutes to an hour of cardio. Thus, I normally dont get any protein until about one and a half hours after I lift. Would it be beneficial to take 30grams or so of protein after lifting and just before cardio or should I just wait until I'm done with both?

humungus88 is offline Associate Member
    I think you'd be risking cramps if you take it before cardio. Why not keep a scoop or two in a shaker, and mix with water when you're done everything?

edgarr is offline Member
    I think that 45 mins to an hour of cardio is too much after your workout but if that is what works for you. I also agree with HUM, bring a PWO shake with you to the gym and either drink it after your all done or sip it while doing cardio. One thing you may want to do is take some BCAA before cardio and just drink your shake after everything but waiting 1 1/2 hours is too long that should be your PPWO meal.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I use to just bring a baggie with my protein powder, a spoon and a cup w/ a bottle of water in the car and mix it together after i left the gym so i get it right after i work out.

Thread Information