rubix6 is offline Female Member

Unhappy no dairy........ ahhhh

i just found out that my son is extremely lactose intolerant. and because i am still nursing him, i have to eliminate dairy from my diet as well. does that mean that i can't drink my whey protein shakes?

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    wow good question, but ima go with yes

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    I have heard of people mixing it with water, but that just sounds disgusting to me. I dont really know much about them but there are alot of "milks" soy, butter, ect. you might want to look into them if you havent already.

Poor little guy, gonna be tough for him when he starts working out...

Good Luck

I would think whey protein with water would be fine. I drink it like that for the duration of cutting, and it really isnt as bad as you would think. As far as your protein, what brand do you use? As long as it is 100% whey and there isn't any cassein in it, you should be good to go.

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    i use ON 100% whey. i mixed it with water anyway so it looks like im in the clear!!! yay

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rubix6
    i just found out that my son is extremely lactose intolerant. and because i am still nursing him, i have to eliminate dairy from my diet as well. does that mean that i can't drink my whey protein shakes?
    Technically it'd depend on purity of your whey protein.

Some wheys are totally lactose free... If you're consuming such you 'should' be in the clear as far as transferance goes.

Then again you may not be.. Depending on the severity of his allergy, you may want to avoid dairy completely...even trace amounts

In this case you may want to switch to a soy/hemp blend.. or a soy/hydrolysed whey iso blend

Or simply drop shakes altogether while nursing.

Quote Originally Posted by rubix6
    i use ON 100% whey. i mixed it with water anyway so it looks like im in the clear!!! yay
    I'd ask your doctor/dietician about this before assuming such.

Food allergies can have some very serious consequences.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter
    I have heard of people mixing it with water, but that just sounds disgusting to me. I dont really know much about them but there are alot of "milks" soy, butter, ect. you might want to look into them if you havent already.

Poor little guy, gonna be tough for him when he starts working out...

Good Luck
    Y'all do realise that the question was not about 'what not to mix my protein with' but about whether she could keep consuming her current powder despite her lactose allergy..right?

Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    I would think whey protein with water would be fine. I drink it like that for the duration of cutting, and it really isnt as bad as you would think. As far as your protein, what brand do you use? As long as it is 100% whey and there isn't any cassein in it, you should be good to go.
    Casein...

Thread question.. re: lactose.

I thought Cassein was a milk protein??? If it is, I assumed it would contain lactose

Thread Information