convalescence69 is offline Associate Member

Gear works, but what Supplements really work?

Well, most of us here have tried many things before finally taking the gear route. During that trek through over the counter goods, some of us may have found that perhaps a few are worth noting and we may continue to use them, while most are just trash.
    Supplement companies are limited with the number of substances they produce. Every so often they take some of the mild psuedo-researched supps and pack them into one tablet or powder, give it a fancy name and put it on the market as the best new uber mighty stuff you can buy that will make you huge! After seeing this for years and spending tons I pretty much gave up on the idea that they were being honest. Some of the stuff may help a little, very few may help a lot.
    So, what are some of the best supplements you people have found that definitely work/show the most gains.
    I'd like to get a list going here of the supps that amazed people.
    First one to add I would say that really does work is Creatine. Its the only legal substance that I have used that made me say "whoa". I tried HMB, eh, didn't see much. Terrestris Tribulus, eh again. Pyruvate = bah. Old school Ripped Fuel from Twinlab (Ephedra and Caffiene) = crazy energy, jittery, definitely worked but not around anymore.
    So, the only thing I've found after years of buying over the counter that made me say "Holy Sh*t" was Creatine. Anyone else have a "Holy Sh*t" supplement they can share??? Give us your lists.

roadblock2 is offline New Member

Diesel Fuel

Hey con- Diesel Fuel by Get Diesel Nutrition has made me say holy shit for a long time now. It is a fat burner, but I tell ya what. There is no difference with the first pill to the last pill. I feel it everytime. Take Hydroxycut for example. I would take it for a week and feel the effects but after that week, I felt nothing. Diesel Fuel is for me a F-ing awesome product.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Storm and Shock Therapy from Universal work great for me and all of my friends.

creatine and Nxcare product called T3's. The creatine that was dope was Krealkyl something from GNC, cheap purple pills. T3's are a natural testosterone enhancer. My arms got hairier because of it and i got stronger

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Waxy Maize Starch gets my vote (the main ingredient of Vitargo)

pavlenko is offline Banned
    Nitrix by BSN got me some crazy pumps in the gym while off cycle. Add some good creatine to that with NO-EXPLODE before the gym and you got a hardcore legal stack to make you blast through your work out like never before.

This is good stuff guys, I've got some stuff to look up now.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    How about some NO Shotgun, Amp? i mean it depends on what kind of supp your looking for? are u lookin for a NO2? or another forum of creatine? a energizer in the gym? theres a bunch of diff supps that do many things. if you were more specific on what you were really looking for. we coudl prob help you out better.

Ah, one other that I didn't mention that I think is alright is Methoxy Isoflavone. Proponents claim that it is a unique flavone, in that it is highly anabolic . I did use it for about a month, and its not cheap, but I do believe i gained a few lbs while taking it, but again, nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    How about some NO Shotgun, Amp? i mean it depends on what kind of supp your looking for? are u lookin for a NO2? or another forum of creatine? a energizer in the gym? theres a bunch of diff supps that do many things. if you were more specific on what you were really looking for. we coudl prob help you out better.
    Not so much that I am in a great search for other stuffs, I am curious, but I felt that it would be a good thread, to get some other info out there. The steroid profiles are up, they are trustworthy unbiased explanations of what they do and their anabolic /androgenic ratio is posted. Supps on the other hand, one has no idea who to trust, in that most companies are just trying to make a buck. As I stated, some of it works, and the stuff that does work, its effectiveness varies.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by convalescence69
    Not so much that I am in a great search for other stuffs, I am curious, but I felt that it would be a good thread, to get some other info out there. The steroid profiles are up, they are trustworthy unbiased explanations of what they do and their anabolic/androgenic ratio is posted. Supps on the other hand, one has no idea who to trust, in that most companies are just trying to make a buck. As I stated, some of it works, and the stuff that does work, its effectiveness varies.
    I completly agree. theres a ton of junk out there. and I mean a TON. But theres some good stuff out there as well. As far as supplement profiles, thats a pretty good idea exept that supplements change so often we wouldnt be able to keep up. because people relize they dont work so companys gotta add somthing then put it out under a diff name. muscle tech is notorious for this.

some of the supplements i have had sucess with are:

No shotgun: great pumps, the energy was insane, im nearing the end of my tub of it and i can definety say that the energy has subsided. but I still take it everytime before i workout, it still gives me that extra kick in the gym, and for the for the first 3 weeks, I was having some of the best workouts of my life. my tub is prob gonna last me about 5 weeks. or u could always cycle it on and off. on for 2 weeks then off for 2 so your body doesnt get used to it.

AMP & AMP 2 - i have taken neither. but if u search for amp you will see that it gets nothing but insane reviews.

MyoGenX - i would consider this a supplement sort of. but its a test booster. but not the way tribulus does by adding somthing to boost your test. its got a herb 'fadagonia' i think thats how u spell it, it natraully raises your test. and i have been on it for about a month now and its awsome. i can definetly tell its working. my muscles are harder and my pumps in the gym are even better. stackin this stuff with NO shotgun works wonders for me in the gym.

my fingers are getting tired but if i can think of some more supps ill post again
    Last edited by K.Biz; 03-16-2007 at 08:42 AM.

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    L-arginine alpha keutoglutorade.....lol I think I miss spelled it but its a great vaso dialator.......and it helps with the pumps

oh and glutamine

I have heard of MyogenX, seen it on here a few times. I looked it up, its main ingredient is an herb from africa, and it does have good reviews. It seems kinda expensive and I have had poor luck at finding a distributor. I will keep looking and if I find a good deal on it I will post the link here. Glad to know that it really works. If its real good, the gov will find out and ban it for some whacked out reason, as they usually do. They tried to ban creatine I recall some years ago, because of some highschool wrestlers were dying and their parents knew they were taking creatine and blamed it for their sons deaths. I saw a news report on it and Bill Philips was on there defending creatine.
    I guess thats how you tell if something works well, if the gov tries to ban it or it does get banned (ephedra comes to mind suddenly).
    One thing of note too, following this train of thought, GHB too was quite good at raising growth hormone lvls during sleep if you took it before bed, and it helped you sleep, and it was also an effective treatment for narcolepsy. Unfortunately, some f*cking scum misused it take advantage of girls and now its banned too.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedevo8
    L-arginine alpha keutoglutorade.....lol I think I miss spelled it but its a great vaso dialator.......and it helps with the pumps

oh and glutamine

L-arginine and glutamine are substances you can get out of the right foods. When it comes to stuff like that I buy the foods that contain it, saves tons of money. Taurine is in eggs, glutamine is in raw spinach and parsley (glutamine breaks down easily when heated, so have to eat it raw). Creatine is in meats, but you could never get enough (5grams creatine in 2.2lbs of red meat) so that is one you have to buy separate.
    I've trained natural for years, and I figured a lot of this stuff out. Lots of the stuff that is marketed, you can gather it separately or just get it out of food and save $$$. Just read the ingredients. Example: EAS marketed this stuff a few years ago, and sorry I forget the name. I bought it for 59.99 (yes I remember because paying for it made me whince). It did work "ok". I read the side panel, it had Methoxy Isoflavone, Terrestris Tribulus, Taurine, and some fillers. It was hailed as a huge research breakthrough, yada yada. You can buy all 3 of those separate for half that or less. Just gotta read what is in this stuff.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I might get flamed for this one, but aside from the cost (I get all my shit shit for wholesael anyways so it doesnt matter, a good friend of mine owns a bodybuilding supp. store) Anator P70 (muscletech) really works good, T3/testoplex stack works really good too, and of course my alltime fav. M1T, just as good as crank IMO.
    Last edited by Testsubject; 03-17-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Thread Information