Well, most of us here have tried many things before finally taking the gear route. During that trek through over the counter goods, some of us may have found that perhaps a few are worth noting and we may continue to use them, while most are just trash.
Supplement companies are limited with the number of substances they produce. Every so often they take some of the mild psuedo-researched supps and pack them into one tablet or powder, give it a fancy name and put it on the market as the best new uber mighty stuff you can buy that will make you huge! After seeing this for years and spending tons I pretty much gave up on the idea that they were being honest. Some of the stuff may help a little, very few may help a lot.
So, what are some of the best supplements you people have found that definitely work/show the most gains.
I'd like to get a list going here of the supps that amazed people.
First one to add I would say that really does work is Creatine. Its the only legal substance that I have used that made me say "whoa". I tried HMB, eh, didn't see much. Terrestris Tribulus, eh again. Pyruvate = bah. Old school Ripped Fuel from Twinlab (Ephedra and Caffiene) = crazy energy, jittery, definitely worked but not around anymore.
So, the only thing I've found after years of buying over the counter that made me say "Holy Sh*t" was Creatine. Anyone else have a "Holy Sh*t" supplement they can share??? Give us your lists.