PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries

Experience Answers Only Newb Stay Out....

Has any one heard of phentermine... for weight loss.... my girlfriend ordered these from one of her girl friends behinde my back... and i know nothing about it ... i got a little info which i will post...

If you do not know please do not post... real advice please...

PHENTERMINE 30MG CAPSULE

IMPORTANT NOTE: The following information is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Consult your healthcare professional before using this drug.

APPETITE SUPPRESSANTS - ORAL

COMMON BRAND NAME(S): Fastin, Ionamin, Plegine, Prelu-2, Sanorex, Tenuate. May also be referred to as: Phentermine hci, Phentermine hcl, Phentermine hydrochloride, Adipex, Fastin, Ionamin, Obenix, Obephen, Oby-Cap, Oby-trim, Panshape M, Phentercot, Phenteride, Pro-Fast, Teramine, Zantryl.

USES: This medication is used in combination with a diet plan to help you reduce weight.

HOW TO USE: This medication is best taken on an empty stomach one hour before meals. Sustained-release or long acting products must be swallowed whole. Crushing or chewing them will destroy the long action and may cause increased side effects. Because this medication may cause sleeplessness, avoid taking a dose late in the day. Take this medication as prescribed. Do not take it more often or longer than directed. It is usually taken for 8 to 12 weeks. Use in combination with other appetite suppressant medicine is generally not recommended. Consult your doctor before such use.

SIDE EFFECTS: Blurred vision, dizziness, dry mouth, sleeplessness, irritability, stomach upset or constipation may occur the first few days as your body adjusts to the medication. If these effects persist or become bothersome, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor if you experience: chest pain, nervousness, pounding heart, difficulty urinating, mood changes, breathing difficulties, swelling. If this medication makes you dizzy or lightheaded, avoid driving or engaging in activities requiring alertness. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

PRECAUTIONS: Tell your doctor your complete medical history, especially if you have: high blood pressure, an over-active thyroid, glaucoma, diabetes, emotional problems. This medication can be habit forming and must be used with caution. Alcohol can increase unwanted side effects of dizziness. Limit alcohol use. This drug is not recommended for use in children. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information. This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risk and benefits with your doctor. This drug may be excreted into breast milk. You may have to stop nursing or stop using this drug. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Inform your doctor about all the medicines you use, (prescription and nonprescription) especially if you take: high blood pressure medicine, MAO inhibitors (e.g., furazolidone, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, tranylcypromine), any other weight loss medicine. Avoid "stimulant" drugs that may increase your heart rate such as decongestants or caffeine. Decongestants are commonly found in over-the-counter cough-and-cold medicines. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.

OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include restlessness, fever, fast breathing, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, panic or paranoid, drowsiness, convulsions, unconsciousness, unusually fast or slow heart beat, headache, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, pale or flushing, chest pain, sweating, muscle weakness, agitation, large pupils, or delusions.

NOTES: Appetite suppressants are not a substitute for proper diet. For maximum effects, this must be used in conjunction with a diet and exercise program. Do not share this medication with others.

MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, do not double the next dose. Instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.

STORAGE: Store at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom.

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    never really heard about it but this is what i found

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Phentermine is in a class of drugs called anorectics which decrease appetite by possibly changing brain levels of serotonin. Phentermine is a nervous system stimulator like the amphetamines, causing stimulation, elevation of blood pressure, and faster heart rates.

Obesity is usually defined as being 20% over ideal weight with resultant increase in certain diseases including high cholesterol levels, heart disease, high blood pressure, gallbladder disease, type II diabetes mellitus, hardening of the arteries, and degenerative arthritis. Weight loss decreases blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and improves diabetes control.

PRESCRIPTION: yes

GENERIC AVAILABLE: yes

PREPARATIONS: Tablets: 30mg, 37.5mg.

STORAGE: Phentermine should be stored in a tight container at room temperature.

PRESCRIBED FOR: Phentermine is usually used as a short- term drug along with diet and behavior modification to treat obesity. Recently, it has been combined with diet and fenfluramine (Pondimin) and used over longer terms in selected obesity patients (P & P diets) with some favorable long-term modest weight loss.

DOSING: Phentermine should be taken after breakfast; evening doses should be avoided because of secondary insomnia.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Phentermine should not be taken by patients with glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, or a history of drug abuse or psychotic illnesses. Phentermine is not recommended in patients with high blood pressure that is not well controlled. Patients on phentermine should have their blood pressure closely followed. Insulin requirements may change in patients on phentermine; alcohol can cause a drug interaction. Abrupt stoppage of the drug can cause withdrawal with fatigue and depression. Phentermine is potentially addicting. Phentermine is not recommended for patients with symptomatic heart disease including rhythm problems.

SIDE EFFECTS: Side effects include diarrhea, dry mouth, constipation, an unpleasant taste, hives, impotence, palpitations, high blood pressure, and fast heart rates. Central nervous system side effects include overstimulation, insomnia, restlessness, tremor, and dizziness.

Blog Entries

Bradly1234 is offline Associate Member
    alls i know is you need a prescription for it, one of our linemen took it cuz he was too fat, he was always complaining about dizzy spells so i would say it increases your blood pressure and heart rate. as for appitite loss i wouldent know.

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    One thing I do remember for sure is that this drug was bad news. It was in a major news item for a while, prescibed as Phen-Fen. In that combo it lead to serious heart problems and some lung disorder. This is what I know of the top of my head. Ill look up more and post as much relevent info I can find.

(I know I dont have a ton of posts, becacuse usually things are answered, and answers I need I just look up. Im trying to participate more now ....been here nearly 6 years. Im like the opposite of 'post whore').
    Last edited by peace_frog; 08-08-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    lol.. yea you are a post virgin... thanks for the advice though... your a good fellow ar member..

Here is some info I found. Im posting the relevent stuff, and this is seriously stuff I remember hearing about on the news years ago when Phen-Fen got banned and all sorts of law suits were going on. This is mostly the side effects and whatnot. How ot take it, when to take it, how not to take it and more info here: http://www.drugs.com/phentermine.html

Phentermine is a stimulant that is similar to an amphetamine. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant that affects the central nervous system.

Do not take phentermine with any other diet medications without your doctors advice.

Phentermine can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of phentermine. Phentermine may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Keep track of how many pills have been used from each new bottle of this medicine. Phentermine is a drug of abuse and you should be aware if any person in the household is using this medicine improperly or without a prescription.
    You may have withdrawal symptoms, such as depression and extreme tiredness, when you stop using phentermine after using it over a long period of time. Do not stop using phentermine suddenly without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using phentermine and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
    chest pain, swelling in your ankles or feet, feeling light-headed, fainting, or feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;

fast or uneven heartbeat;

unusual thoughts or behavior, feeling restless or confused; or

increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure).

Less serious side effects may be more likely to occur, such as:

feeling nervous or anxious;

headache, dizziness, tremors;

trouble sleeping (insomnia);

dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth;

diarrhea or constipation; or

itching.

Blog Entries
    cool thanks man... i talked her out of them last night ... i told her i would pay for them if she didnt take them...lol....

i got her on little something different now... and i will see how it works out...

Good idea, I think you made a wise choice. Wait, I think this is where Im supposed to say, "diet and cardio" right? I think thats the answer to 90% of the questions....lol.

Anyways, good luck.

Blog Entries
    diet and cardio... lol.. you are catching on quick...

Blog Entries
    if you ever have a question feel free to pm me anytime your good by me.. thanks..

I appreciate that. Its good that you are still around atleast. I read a lot of your posts. So many people have disappeared since Ive been a member. Oh well. We still have a nice community here. Ive been more of a reader than a poster obviously. Ill try to get more involved.

Blog Entries
    post one more to get to 100...

woohoo...Im official!! and it only took 6 years. Thats progress baby! PROGRESS! I practice the 'slow and steady' technique on here. Well....the slow part anyways.
    Last edited by peace_frog; 08-08-2007 at 04:21 PM.

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    I took them for a while two years ago..Had endless energy and no appetite...I had to stop taking them because my heart was beating funny (skipping beats and shit)

although I felt better on phentemine than on clen .....

yeah, my sister was on them, and her heart was pounding all the time as well. She had to get off that shit. Bad news.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ebjack
    I took them for a while two years ago..Had endless energy and no appetite...I had to stop taking them because my heart was beating funny (skipping beats and shit)

although I felt better on phentemine than on clen.....

awesome man... thanks for the good post ...

Thread Information