Stabone is offline Banned

BCAA dosage question?

Really a 2 part question.

1. Are all BCAA's the same? I mean if I buy some at target are they as good as ones you can get at a supplements store as far as dosage of each amino acid? I think I'm going to get ON powder form.

2. What should the daily mg dosage for BCAA supplementation be each day? I'm guessing 10mg pre, 10mg post
    Last edited by Stabone; 09-09-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    BCAAs are Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine (Separately).

Yes pure BCAAs are the same. Brands may differ with added amino acids or supplementation.

will_work is offline Associate Member
    they got some at wall mart for $10 they will do the job!! take 6 a day.

SwiftMove83 is offline Associate Member
    I take optimum BCAAs and aminos.
    1 serving of the BCAAs pre and post workout and aminos through out the day.

Superior_1 is offline New Member

Bcaa

You state 10mg pre and post. You may mean 10 Grams. Honestly I used about that much in the past but when I bumped it up to 50 Grams (daily) was like moving into a different realm. I know many state just eat enough protein and you will get you Amino acids. But if you are seriously training you need BCAA's

I recommend minimum 20 Grams of Leucine but with that you should balance it out with the other Branched Chain. In order to go with 40 Grams BCAA you almost have to go with the powder due to costs. You shouldn't have to pay more than $18-$20 per pound for a 2:1:1 BCAA blend. I encourage you to try 20 pre and 20 Grams post training.

Leucine is one of the primary since it's not glucogenic (thus ketogenic) Glucogenic amino acids are those that are precursors to glucose via gluconeogenesis. ketogenic being an amino that cannot bring about net glucose production. Leucine is the most anti catabolic of them all. Furthermore BCAA are not degraded in the liver like most other amino acids which can effect insulin response but in the muscle tissue.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you over here Superior 1.

He knows what he's talking about guys.

TR'05 is offline Member
    What are your thoughts about BCAAs during, Superior?

I also have been "mega-dosing" BCAA...about 40-50 grams throughout the workout during a lean bulk phase. Results have been great over the past couple of months.

Stabone is offline Banned
    haha, 10mg, I meant grams
    I need to do some more research before I decided wether or not to take them. I have never been big on supplements because I really don't need them. I don't even take protein. I'd hate to see what I would look like if I supplemented. Probably just a little more lean.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior_1
    You state 10mg pre and post. You may mean 10 Grams. Honestly I used about that much in the past but when I bumped it up to 50 Grams (daily) was like moving into a different realm. I know many state just eat enough protein and you will get you Amino acids. But if you are seriously training you need BCAA's

I recommend minimum 20 Grams of Leucine but with that you should balance it out with the other Branched Chain. In order to go with 40 Grams BCAA you almost have to go with the powder due to costs. You shouldn't have to pay more than $18-$20 per pound for a 2:1:1 BCAA blend. I encourage you to try 20 pre and 20 Grams post training.

Leucine is one of the primary since it's not glucogenic (thus ketogenic) Glucogenic amino acids are those that are precursors to glucose via gluconeogenesis. ketogenic being an amino that cannot bring about net glucose production. Leucine is the most anti catabolic of them all. Furthermore BCAA are not degraded in the liver like most other amino acids which can effect insulin response but in the muscle tissue.
    how long before your workout do you take them? Also is there a brand you reccomend?

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr
    how long before your workout do you take them? Also is there a brand you reccomend?
    1) take mine RIGHT before workout...as im walking into the gym b4 my warmup
    2) NOW bulk bcaa's...they 'dissolve' a helluva lot easier than BN bcaas and they dont taste as bad! (still a lot like DA, shane--ya ****er! )

Thread Information