1stTimePlayer is offline New Member

Looking for advice

I have a buddy who's in his mid-30's and wants to put on some size, preferably lean mass and I'm trying to find the best thing to get him started. He's never done anything before, no supplements or AAS. I see a lot about SD clones but I figured that might be too much for a first cycle so I told him about stuff like RPN's Havoc. From what I've read on here, Havoc seems to give decent lean mass while cutting some body fat, with reasonably mild side effects. My question is would he still need to take support supplements like Anabolic Innovations Life Support as well as something like Nolva for PCT? Thanks

Or are there any suggestions for something that's better suited for him than Havoc?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    It's really hard to advise without knowing the stats and diet/training of the person in question. Most of the time it's a person's diet that limits their gains, not a lack of supplements.

ricker35910 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima******ger
    It's really hard to advise without knowing the stats and diet/training of the person in question. Most of the time it's a person's diet that limits their gains, not a lack of supplements.
    AGREE

True enough, good point. I'm not sure on his diet but he's been training with me so I'd like to think we're doing a good job in the gym. I dunno his exact stats but he is my height, 6'4" and probably weighs around 200 lbs but not too sure of his BF%. If I had to guess comparing it to myself, I would say maybe 16%.

I'm considering doing something like Havoc myself, just trying to research more and see what will be best for me plus I gotta learn more about proper PCT for this kind of stuff. I also kinda wanted to wait and see the results my buddy was gonna get and then decide if I wanted to spend the money or just do it naturally. Way back when I was young and knew NOTHING about this kind of shit, like 6-7 years ago, I did a dbol only cycle for 6 weeks (I know, lol) and Ergopharm's 1AD but used nothing for PCT. I didn't know anything about PCT, nevermind how to properly do it so yeah, that was stupid and a waste of money. As for right now we both have the same goals...added strength with lean mass gains and something that won't give a shitload of side effects due to our inexperience with this stuff. By the way, I am 6'4" 215 lbs aprox 12-13% BF.
    Last edited by 1stTimePlayer; 10-30-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Deepstacks is offline New Member
    I'm the friend that is wanting some advice. As he said, I am 6'4 and currently 202lbs. I've just recently started working out seriously again. By recently I mean within the last 10-12 months. Prior to that I would primarily do maintenance programs (3x/wk) whole body type workouts basically because of time constraints. I was an avid gym user when i was 19-25 where I had a strict program and diet. I did try some androstenodione for approx 4 weeks and noticed an increase in lifts. I didnt take anything else with it. But didn't do anything else besides that with the exception of some creatine. At any rate, I got to a point where I felt that I had plateaued, I felt that I had a pretty solid base. Once again I am at a point in the gym where I am approaching where I was in my 'prime' in terms of body weight/strength.

I am currently paying special attention to my diet and am looking for some supplemental advice as was stated in the original post. Hopefully I haven't missed anything. I'm certainly not well versed in this field of supplements and would like to hear what you guys recommend/have to say.

TIA

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    what specifically are your goals, short term and long? do you just want to add a little size and cut up a bit, or do you want more? How big do you want to get in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by Ima******ger
    what specifically are your goals, short term and long? do you just want to add a little size and cut up a bit, or do you want more? How big do you want to get in the long run?
    That is exactly what I would like to do. Add a little size and cut up a bit. I would ideally like my body weight to be around 215.

Here are some pics of me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice-1a.jpg   Looking for advice-2.jpg   Looking for advice-4a.jpg  

Thread Information