liftin is offline Banned

Tanning while on acne medication

while on acne medication is it ok to go to the tanning salon? The doctor and the prescription both say not to.. but from what I hear and read everybody does.. i thought tanning helps acne.. any suggestions????

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    If you are on accutaine, tanning in a bed or in the sun is very harmful. You will get the worse sunburn of your life. Stay out of the sun. Google Accutaine and read!

Indymuscleguy

liftin is offline Banned
    im on minocycline not accutane... make any diff?

Project is offline Associate Member
    First off, I wouldn't recommend using the word salon. Just not advisable. Secondly, if you've gone to the extent of getting medication for your acne, I wouldn't tan just for its anti-acne properties.

crawdaddy is offline Associate Member
    I'm on mino and I do tan. You'll burn more easily than normal but not nearly as bad as if you were on accutaine. Be CAREFULL and gradually work your way up from 4-5 min. depending on the strength of the bed.

TexSavant is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Project View Post
    First off, I wouldn't recommend using the word salon. Just not advisable.
    <---LOL

Y'all i was on virtually every acne medicine and tanned on all of them...no difference. Of course I am olive-skinned anyway and dont get much lighter than the typical persons tan anyway, but still its hard for me to believe its as dramatic as they claim for the typical person. I bet your doc would recommend NOT using AAS too...but i doubt you'd consider this. remember this : Their #1 rule is DO NO HARM, it makes them very cautious and they always operate within this rubric

TexSavant is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liftin View Post
    im on minocycline not accutane... make any diff?
    Thats a TITANIC difference, i am on adoxacycline its like mino but a bit stronger for most people... you ought to be fine.... Accutane is isotretinoin, a derivitaive of Vitamin A (trans-retinoic acid) it shrinks the subaceous glands that release oil, and its the most powerful acne medicine there is.

Thread Information