teufelhundenjwa is offline Associate Member

Amino Acid Complex

Looking for an Amino Acid Complex and have narrowed it down to two. First being Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, second being Scivation Xtend. If anyone knows of anything better I'm all ears.

Note: Have been on Purple Wraath and really like the product. Was just wanting to see what else is out there. Thanks again.

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    buy them both i have both and take both daily

Big Papi JR. is offline Junior Member
    if you are gonna go with just one, i'd go with purple wraath. if you would like a nice combo, i'd go with purple wraath + core abc

Big P/Mbuff, I appreciate the input. Can someone recommend a retailer, as I ususally purchase from bb.com...is anyone cheaper?

I'll def look into the core abc as suggested. Thanks again gentlemen.

kickinit is offline Member
    Man-o-Man I miss the OL aminos 1800 by twinlab gels, they were the shit!

Otherwise cant comment, I just thought I would throw that in.

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhundenjwa View Post
    Looking for an Amino Acid Complex and have narrowed it down to two. First being Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, second being Scivation Xtend. If anyone knows of anything better I'm all ears.

Note: Have been on Purple Wraath and really like the product. Was just wanting to see what else is out there. Thanks again.
    of those two listed, i enjoyed watermelon Xtend the best due to its taste but neither one worked better than the other. of all popular BCAA products i think Xtreme Formulation's ICE is the best. uses a higher grade of BCAA from a very reputable manufacture and i enjoy the taste too. if my memory serves me right, ICE uses a free-form that is better absorbed vs the bonded version that others use.

i typically only use BCAA when cutting to help with the extra stress, recovery, and muscle loss that may occur. when bulking i see no big need for BCAAs and dont notice much difference when supplementing with them. to expensive for me to run year around, although it would be nice. you can also find bulk BCAA for a good price made by NutraPlanet but it doesnt taste to good so be sure to create your own flavoring system. example - (crystal light + BCAA pre/during workout, PWO shake + BCAA after workouts)

Thanks for the input ralph. A lot of detail and very informative. Definitely be checking into the ICE recommendation. Thanks again.

Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna favet fortibus"

Thread Information