speedtraining is offline Senior Member

Waxy Maize what did it do for you?

I'm interested in hearing stories of people who used Waxy Maize and their general thoughts of it for Post Work Out. I'm a lean 6'1 200 lbs at 4% I get kinda flat and look to use maybe 30-40 grams of this PW. I've read alot about it and have been told i may gain a few lbs because it takes the subcontanious water under the skin and shuttles into the muscles creating a fuller yet leaner look with out adding fat...just what I have heard but am very interested in hearing about yoru experiences. Thanks..

Speed.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I've just started using it, but it's hard to extrapolate the benefits of it from some other changes I have made.

Just curious on the 30-40g and your extremely low BF - are you competing?

I do fitness modeling I stay lean all year long and sometimes it becomes very tiring. Even with Low GI carbs like yams and oatmeal present in my diet I bounce up to 220 easy..My abs still stay shreaded but I personally am shifting towards Fashion and trying to break into 190 area, I really don't care if I loose muscle as there is alot more money in that industry so I'm going to use the Waxy Maize at 30 grams pre and 30 grams post and besides that my only other carbs are from Greens...protien is set at 350-400 grams a day right now usually towards the higher side. I'll post up how it goes I am only going to incorperate one thing at a time to reduce varibles.
    Last edited by speedtraining; 07-20-2008 at 01:51 PM.

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    It made me shat

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    It made me shat

Any information besides that you could shed light upon for me?

Speed

sam_sneed is offline Associate Member
    I don't really see the purpose of WMS pre-workout.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_sneed View Post
    I don't really see the purpose of WMS pre-workout.
    Fast absorbing energy for some one a low carb diet thats all. Worked well for me today, gave me a much needed pop in the gym and overall I feel fuller more peeks and valleys in my muscles, definitley more vasularity during my workout and after.

Speed.

sam_sneed is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining View Post
    Fast absorbing energy for some one a low carb diet thats all. Worked well for me today, gave me a much needed pop in the gym and overall I feel fuller more peeks and valleys in my muscles, definitley more vasularity during my workout and after.

Speed.
    To each is own. But i would rather have 30gram carbs from sweet potato an hour before a workout, you could always sip the WMS during your workout. JMO
    Last edited by sam_sneed; 07-21-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: spelling

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    i used wms pwo only...it def helped ALOT w/ recovery after an intense workout

Quote Originally Posted by sam_sneed View Post
    To each is own. But i would rather have 30gram carbs from sweet potato an hour before a workout, you could always sip the WMS during your workout. JMO
    True the sweet potato's do taste great but I wouldn't knock the WMS prework till you atleast tried it out. Preworkout to me is 5 mintues before I hit the weights. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you i'm just curious.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    havent used this yet. though my friends recommend it hugely for bulking. not to sure about cutting. but im sure its good for that too. once my stash of dextrose and whatnot runs out. im stocking up on this. cuz all i do is bulk.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw;40***27
    havent used this yet. though my friends recommend it hugely for bulking. not to sure about cutting. but im sure its good for that too. once my stash of dextrose and whatnot runs out. im stocking up on this. cuz all i do is bulk.
    Hey, he's talking about me!! LOL! Yeah, I would have to advise against it for cutting. It will def give you some energy for pre-workout but its also gonna give you a nice little insulin spike, which you def dont want pre-workout. Even if you were to use it PWO, its gonna put some LBM accompanied of course by some water-weight and fat. So, if I were you I would stay clear. If you need some energy Pre-workout, eat a low-GI fruit like an apple, 30 minutes before your workout. If you say you dont care about losing some muscle and you just want to get down around 190 then why not use an ECA stack it will give you PLENTY of energy for your training sessions and will burn fat (not that you have much fat to be burned, LOL) Just curious, not in a gay way, but can we see what 4% looks like. Not that I doubt you or anything, lol.
    Last edited by abbot138; 07-21-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138;40***46
    Hey, he's talking about me!! LOL! Yeah, I would have to advise against it for cutting. It will def give you some energy for pre-workout but its also gonna give you a nice little insulin spike, which you def dont want pre-workout. Even if you were to use it PWO, its gonna put some LBM accompanied of course by some water-weight and fat. So, if I were you I would stay clear. If you need some energy Pre-workout, eat a low-GI fruit like an apple, 30 minutes before your workout. If you say you dont care about losing some muscle and you just want to get down around 190 then why not use an ECA stack it will give you PLENTY of energy for your training sessions and will burn fat (not that you have much fat to be burned, LOL) Just curious, not in a gay way, but can we see what 4% looks like. Not that I doubt you or anything, lol.
    yeppers. i was talking about you. your so quick. i cant get anything by you. shucks!! hahaha

and i second the pics of 4% cuz i cant really imagine that.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I have used it pre and post.

pre, noticed nothing

post, better recovery, but nothing to cartwheel over.

Thats my back at 212 imagine 200. Personally the waxy has made me feel beter look fuller yet leaner and more vascular, I've used 15 mg pre, and 35 mg post both accompained by ISopure zero carb zero sugar...Bodyfat was determined Hydrostatically it was actully 3.9 if you want to get technical but its all good.
    Last edited by speedtraining; 07-21-2008 at 03:46 PM.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Thats my back at 212 imagine 200. Personally the waxy has made me feel beter look fuller yet leaner and more vascular, I've used 15 mg pre, and 35 mg post both accompained by ISopure zero carb zero sugar...
    Hat off, dunno about 4% but that is still low as **** and great condition.

LMAO!!!! Yeah you are definately lean as fvck! Looking ridiculous friend! Nice work Well I'd say if your having good results with it than stick with it. I just thought it said in one of your previous posts that you were hoping to get down to 190, if this is the case, I dont think waxy will help accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    LMAO!!!! Yeah you are definately lean as fvck! Looking ridiculous friend! Nice work Well I'd say if your having good results with it than stick with it. I just thought it said in one of your previous posts that you were hoping to get down to 190, if this is the case, I dont think waxy will help accomplish this.
    I want to do it but I want to be able to live life happy, I feel that the waxy bothers me less than the yams or oatmeal do and I just like the liquid part...Plus the waxy taste like shit and the yams and oatmeal taste amazing sometimes that is hard to control...you know once it touches the lips haha.

I want to do it but I want to be able to live life happy, I feel that the waxy bothers me less than the yams or oatmeal do and I just like the liquid part...Plus the waxy taste like shit and the yams and oatmeal taste amazing sometimes that is hard to control...you know once it touches the lips haha.
    I hear ya, I have that problem with all Natty PB....honestly try some fruit pre and post workout, most fruits have a low GI and will give you a nice little natural energy boost....Like I said the problem with the waxy is that it will siginificantly spike your insulin level and trigger your body to store fat.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    will the fruit pre workout not spike insulin levels as much as waxy? i am cuttin pretty hard and need a boost sometimes pre workout actually about 30 min into it think my sugar bottoms out and i get tired lol

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    will the fruit pre workout not spike insulin levels as much as waxy? i am cuttin pretty hard and need a boost sometimes pre workout actually about 30 min into it think my sugar bottoms out and i get tired lol
    Nope, go for it. Its a good way to get some fast digesting, low GI carbs in you right before your workout. Just make sure it fits your daily macros and your good to go. Caffeine always helps too, lol, its a life saver when cutting. You could also have some BCAA's mixed with a small amount of whey (10g or so) to sip on during your workout, that helps.

does orange juice count as a fruit for Pre workout? hmmm cuz i love me some OJ

Yup, as long as its unsweetened (GI is 53).

Yup, as long as its unsweetened (GI is 53).
    like no other sweetners other then the sugars that are naturally in it??

correct.

correct.
    you

da

man!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    you

da

man!!

Right back at cha dawwwwwwwgggggg!

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    I'm interested in hearing stories of people who used Waxy Maize and their general thoughts of it for Post Work Out. I'm a lean 6'1 200 lbs at 4% I get kinda flat and look to use maybe 30-40 grams of this PW. I've read alot about it and have been told i may gain a few lbs because it takes the subcontanious water under the skin and shuttles into the muscles creating a fuller yet leaner look with out adding fat...just what I have heard but am very interested in hearing about yoru experiences. Thanks..

Speed.
    unless you are having some bloat, diet, or stomach issues i find that WMS isnt that much better than its way cheaper friend dextrose. i would recommend trying WMS at least once, if you dont mind paying the cash, but if you dont see any great results as desired then go back to dextrose. it works just fine for me and i save money

Thread Information