t_c
    t_c is offline New Member

melamine poison in protein powder!!

With all the news recently about the chineese using melamine to artificially raise the protein figures in milk powder and in turn giving babies renal failure.

One wonders wether this miracle chemical has found its way into protein powders?
    I personally would feel alot more comfortable if the big players such as Optimum release a statment stating that there powders are melamine free.

any thoughts?

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t_c View Post
    With all the news recently about the chineese using melamine to artificially raise the protein figures in milk powder and in turn giving babies renal failure.

One wonders wether this miracle chemical has found its way into protein powders?
    I personally would feel alot more comfortable if the big players such as Optimum release a statment stating that there powders are melamine free.

any thoughts?
    i wouldn't worry to much. reason being, many are already produced in the US and even if a company imported its raw materials, each ingredient in the product would be imported separately. everything imported should be also sent out for testing, and this is a prime example of why you should stick to reputable brands who are known to do this and sometimes that extra $1-2 goes a long way in a sense of quality, security, and well-being.

there are also many brands who take pride in being produced in the USA and it states it on the label or writeup. i like to use a very good quality and almost unbeatable priced company for my protein called All The Whey.

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    i herd a lil poison is good for u ...builds up the immuine system

Thread Information