Thread: B12 injectible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SmallGuy0341 is offline New Member

B12 injectible

I'm looking to get some to help boost my apitite. Problem is I was told that it is legal to use. Yet every place I look online states I need a script. What kind of nonsense is this. It's a vitamin for gods sakes. Even the the vet grade needs a script. This search is starting to cause some damage to my walls and living room set.

sizerp is offline Banned
    There is no scientific evidence supporting the notion that injections are more effective than sublingual supplementation of B12. You only need about 2 micrograms or 2 millionth of a gram/day. The Cyanocobalamin supplementation of B12 needs to be converted to Methylcobalamin before the body can utilize it. Total body store is 2-5mg in adults. Around 80% of this is stored in the liver.. Absorption of B12 is hard for your body. It usually only utilizes 1-2% of what you ingest passively.

If you think you're deficient, which you shouldn't be, seeing as BBers and athletes consume large amounts of protein -- B12's most provided source (eggs especially) -- then consume about 1000mcg
    a day for about a month. Deficiency is usually prominent in vegetarians, where malabsorption is usually represented by lack of intrinsic factor.

Festen, H.P., Intrinsic factor secretion and cobalamin absorption. Physiology and pathophysiology in the gastrointestinal tract. Scand J Gastroenterol Suppl, 1991. 188: p. 1-7.
    ~~~~~

Just to shed a little light. I wouldn't even worry about B12 - ramp your apetite naturally:

Hot Sauce
    Peppers
    Force feeding
    Chewing sugar-free gum between meals (cleanses teeth, and gets your stomach churning)
    AM cardio -
    Last edited by sizerp; 06-20-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Thread Information