tobetutz is offline Associate Member

Prohormones, banned or not?

How does this work?

On January 20, 2005, prohormones in the US were officially banned as a result of the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004. This was an act which was signed into law on October 22, 2004 (to be effective 90 days later) and, with regards to prohormones, trumped the Dietary Supplement Health and Regulation Act (DSHEA) of 1994 which is what allowed their legal manufacturing and distribution. This means that the distribution, sale and even possession of prohormones (andro) is now a punishable crime. They are now controlled substances.

The Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 states in Section 4 `(A) The term `anabolic steroid' means any drug or hormonal substance, chemically and pharmacologically RELATED to testosterone (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone), and includes--

`(i) androstanediol--

`(iii) androstenediol--

`(iv) androstenedione--

'ect.ect.ect.

How can there be substances that claim to be prohormone and have the aforementioned chemicals still being sold on the market with out the cops closing down shops?

Can someone educate me cause I am not getting this....

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    It's a game supplement makers play. They change the formula a bit, the FDA catches up and bans the substance. They change the formula another bit, the FDA catches up again and bans the new substance. Government agencies are large and slow moving, it takes them a while to figure out WTF is going on, and by the time they ban a subtance the money has been made and company-x is on to the next one.

tobetutz is offline Associate Member
    Makes sense. I just hate that there is a ban on steroids PEROID.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobetutz View Post
    Makes sense. I just hate that there is a ban on steroids PEROID.
    Yeah, if you haven't already you should watch the documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster"...it sheds a lot of light on how we got to where we are now. It's also pretty funny/entertaining in parts. You can stream it from Netflix.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    ALOT of these companies producing PH's or so called PH's are being investigated by the FDA and DEA. And alot of them are being raided, and shut down.

Thread Information