Acai and weight loss!!!!

Hi.

I keep getting e-mails sent to me from companies advertising their Acai Berry Weight Loss supplements such as Acai Pure and Acai Cleanse!

They say that taking this suypplement and doin 1/2 hour walk or 1/2 swim everyday will make you loose weight!

I think they are talking bs?

What do you think?

Does Acai help with weight loss?

How does it do it?

They say it boosts metabolism but their products also contain other 'weight loss' stuff such as hoodia!

How does it boost metabolism?

Are they lying?

Canadream is offline Associate Member
    More then likely Yes...

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    someone needs to take the internet away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadream View Post
    More then likely Yes...
    I don't believe then either!

I think they are talking from their behinds!

Quote Originally Posted by TheUglyOne View Post
    someone needs to take the internet away from you.

Why?

Who should take it away from me?

That would be against frreedom of information and freedom of expression!

In China and certain Muslim countries the internet is either restricted or banned!

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    It's bullshit.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Acai juice is from the berry.

It's full of antioxidants, monounsaturated fats, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

Their EFA benefits are comparable to olive oil and is considered one of the most nutritious fruits.

Goji berries are also very healthy, and high in vitamin C - the yogi monks put them in their tea, maybe that's why they live so damn long...

However, most juices are concentrated forms of their fruit byproduct and contain high amounts of sugar, so I don't see how Acai alone could be reason for weight-loss. More than likely they are promoting the combination of the fruit with daily exercise.

Also, there's a lot of different kind of Acai juices out there, some maybe a blend of other fruits as well and have even more sugar in them. Just look on the nutritional labels to find out more info on your specific product.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    It's bullshit.
    I thought so!

It sounds like a lot of jibberish and gobbledegook!

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    Acai juice is from the berry.

It's full of antioxidants, monounsaturated fats, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

Their EFA benefits are comparable to olive oil and is considered one of the most nutritious fruits.

Goji berries are also very healthy, and high in vitamin C - the yogi monks put them in their tea, maybe that's why they live so damn long...

However, most juices are concentrated forms of their fruit byproduct and contain high amounts of sugar, so I don't see how Acai alone could be reason for weight-loss. More than likely they are promoting the combination of the fruit with daily exercise.

Also, there's a lot of different kind of Acai juices out there, some maybe a blend of other fruits as well and have even more sugar in them. Just look on the nutritional labels to find out more info on your specific product.
    There are many brands and supplements - some genuine and some are money-making rip-offs!

They recommend 1/2 an hour swimming or walking a day!

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    your 30% bf right?
    if you train hard & diet youl be able to drop 10% of that very quickly....
    why are you looking for other ways and supps? have you ever tried...training hard & dieting?

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dan View Post
    your 30% bf right?
    if you train hard & diet youl be able to drop 10% of that very quickly....
    why are you looking for other ways and supps? have you ever tried...training hard & dieting?
    I am dieting on a high protein low carb diet - mainly whey and fish!

I walk fgor atleast 1 hour a day and then weight train at night for between 1/2 hour and 1 hour!

How quickly?

I have also developed my routine more!

I was juz enquirin bout em!

Do you think I should do bis and tris the same day?

Y were u vexed at me?

Do u still think I am a troll and a drip?

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    How quickly what??? And i personally like to do my bi's and tri's the same day. Thats not a rule just a preference.

And i didnt get ''vexed'' at you at all, i have more important things to worry about.

You ask silly questions ...why are you asking me those questions? Does it matter that much to you what i think? but well you asked...ill answer...yep i think your a troll just mugging around tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dan View Post
    How quickly what??? And i personally like to do my bi's and tri's the same day. Thats not a rule just a preference.

And i didnt get ''vexed'' at you at all, i have more important things to worry about.

You ask silly questions ...why are you asking me those questions? Does it matter that much to you what i think? but well you asked...ill answer...yep i think your a troll just mugging around tbh.
    The weight loss!

I do not rememba any of the qs I asked neway now!

What were the qs I asked?

Is 1 hour walk a day enough?

Not really.... it does not matter!

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    ACAI is a great Amazonian fruit rich of antioxidants able to protect against free radical damages.
    Yet, it will do nothing to make you lose fat.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    ACAI is a great Amazonian fruit rich of antioxidants able to protect against free radical damages.
    Yet, it will do nothing to make you lose fat.
    Acai is also great for cholesterol and blood pressure!

I know the companies say that so you buy their products!

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by GREAKWESSNIPES View Post
    Acai is also great for cholesterol and blood pressure!

I know the companies say that so you buy their products!
    Acai is one of the most powerful antioxidant fruit.
    This is not a commercial spot, but the truth.

Acai is one of the most powerful antioxidant fruit.
    This is not a commercial spot, but the truth.
    I know it is one most powerful antioxidant fruit as good or better than blueberries, cranberries and pomegranites!

It is true it has got cancer fighting and liver protectant properties?

BJJ
    I know it is one most powerful antioxidant fruit as good or better than blueberries, cranberries and pomegranites!

It is true it has got cancer fighting and liver protectant properties?
    I do not recall having seen any study to support that.

I do not recall having seen any study to support that.
    I read that on one companies websites and that is all!

What bout its cholesterol and blood pressure lowering effects?

BJJ
    I read that on one companies websites and that is all!

What bout its cholesterol and blood pressure lowering effects?
    I have not found any studies so far to support that neither.
    In the meanwhile, read the following:

CSPI Warns Consumers about Web-Based Açai Scams
    Companies Use Fake Blogs, Fake Endorsements, Fishy Science,
    and Hard-to-Cancel Credit Card Transactions to Bilk Consumers
    CSPI News Release
    March 23, 2009

The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is warning consumers not to enroll online in supposedly free trials of diet products made with the trendy Brazilian berry açai (pronounced a-sigh-EE). There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that açai pills will help shed pounds, flatten tummies, cleanse colons, enhance sexual desire, or perform any of the other commonly advertised functions. And thousands of consumers have had trouble stopping recurrent charges on their credit cards when they cancel their free trials. Even web sites purporting to warn about açai-related scams are themselves perpetrating scams, according to CSPI.

"If Bernard Madoff were in the food business, he’d be offering 'free' trials of açai-based weight-loss products," said CSPI senior nutritionist David Schardt, who authored an exposé of the scam in the April issue of CSPI’s Nutrition Action Healthletter. "Law enforcement has yet to catch up to these rogue operators. Until they do, consumers have to protect themselves."

Acai companies are scamming consumers with hard-to-cancel credit-card charges. There is also no scientific evidence supporting the supposed health benefits of these products.

CSPI says that if—despite the total lack of evidence that the product works—you still want to take advantage of a "free" trial of açai, use a prepaid credit card with a low credit limit or a virtual credit card that shields your real credit card number from unscrupulous online vendors. In January, the web site of the Better Business Bureau indicated that it had received thousands of açai-related complaints.

Look for the BBB seal on e-commerce sites and click on the seal to confirm its legitimacy, CSPI advises.

Açai began attracting attention in 2005 on the belief that its juice was especially high in antioxidants. In truth, açai juice has only middling levels of antioxidants—less than that of Concord grape, blueberry, and black cherry juices, but more than cranberry, orange, and apple juices. Even so, the extent to which antioxidants by themselves promote health is a matter of some debate. No credible evidence suggests antioxidants promote weight loss.

In early 2008, Açai got a jolt of publicity when Mehmet Oz, M.D., included açai among tomatoes, blueberries, broccoli, and other healthy foods in a segment on Oprah. A guest on Rachael Ray also discussed an açai beverage. Since then, ads on Google, Facebook, and major news media web sites have misleadingly steered consumers to sites with names like Oprah-best-acai.com , OprahsAmazingDiet.com, DrOzMiracle.com, rachaelray.drozdiet-acaiberry.com and dozens of others. OprahsAmazingDiet.com links to a blog post by a woman who supposedly lost 57 pounds using Oprah-endorsed products, and displays authoritative-looking biographies of Oprah and Dr. Oz. It then links to an offer for AcaiBurn, sold by a company that lists an address in Cyprus as its headquarters. Other sites link to FWM Laboratories of Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood, Fla., which has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau and scores of horror stories about it on Internet complaint forms. Oprah Winfrey, Mehmet Oz, and Rachael Ray have all publicly disassociated themselves from the açai sites that make unauthorized use their names.

"When I logged on to my Hotmail account, I saw an ad about how Oprah lost weight on this diet, and I enrolled in what I thought would be a free trial," said M Chanel Pinkett, a graduate student from Gaithersburg, Md. who signed up for a free trial at AcaiBerryDetox.com, a site run by FWM Laboratories. Pinkett's "free" trial actually cost $174.26. After posting a complaint on complaintsboard.com, which has thousands of açai-related complaints, she told her story to Washington's WJLA-TV.

"There are no magical berries from the Brazilian rainforest that cure obesity—only painfully real credit card charges and empty weight loss promises," said Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal. "Aggressive Acai berry pitches on the Internet entice countless consumers into free trials promising weight loss, energy and detoxification. These claims are based on folklore, traditional remedies and outright fabrications—unproven by real scientific evidence. In reality, consumers lose more money than weight after free trials transition into inescapable charges. We will investigate these allegedly misleading or deceptive nutrition and health claims and take action under our consumer protection statutes—as we have done with other food products."

FWM Laboratories, Advanced Wellness Research, and other acai companies benefit from dozens of fake diet blogs that steer unsuspecting consumers to sites plugging free açai trials. The woman depicted on Tara's Diet Blog, Olivia's Weight Loss blog, Alicia's Diet Blog, Becky's Weight Loss blog, and at least 75 other blogs is a German model named Julia who has nothing to do with acai or any weight-loss product. The German photographer who made the original photos of her available on Istockphoto.com said the pill companies manipulated some of the "after" images to give the impression of weight loss. The fake blogs were first uncovered by a real blog, wafflesatnoon.com, written by an ad-industry insider.

"These diet 'bloggers' are just a mirage," Schardt said. "Their weight loss is courtesy of Photoshop, not açai." Other açai companies with F ratings from the BBB include Pure Acai Berry Pro (Advanced Wellness Research), AcaiBurn, Acai Berry Maxx (FX Supplements), and SFL Nutrition.

One of several online purchases of açai attempted by CSPI was blocked when the fraud department of the credit card’s issuing bank called the group, flagging the charge as suspicious. The reason? The funds would have been routed to an overseas bank.

Of course there's good reason why some Internet supplement scammers might want to stay safely outside the U.S.: The company behind Enzyte, an herbal "male enhancement" pill advertised on late night television with grating "Smiling Bob" commercials, similarly charged consumers' credit cards after free trials ended. Company founder Steve Warshak is now serving a 25-year sentence in federal prison.

This article was posted on April 23, 2009.

diesel094 is offline Associate Member
    i took it.... it is more of a dihuretic than anything else... a partial kidney cleanse

Quote Originally Posted by diesel094 View Post
    i took it.... it is more of a dihuretic than anything else... a partial kidney cleanse
    So it it like dandelion extract and stinging nettle extract!

So if it cleanses the kidneys a bit it would be good to drink while on AAS - especially aromatizing ones such as d-bol, test!

Thread Information