Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja

ECA Causing Constipation??

Since I started my ECA stack which is modified from traditional ECA's. I have been having trouble with my bowel movements. I just can't seem to go. I feel like I need to go and I can't when I go into the bathroom. When I can go its hard and I have to work at it.... I know, it sucks. I have a high fibre diet and still doesn't help. If I push the fibre intake up to like 45+ grams a day I have been successful with bowel movements. I am not looking for a solution, just wondering if this is common. 2 of my friends are on the exact same ECA as me and one of them is having no problems the other is not having problems but its not as regular as it was when he was not on the ECA.

Looking for input and experience.

ECA Looks like this.

32mg of Ephedrine 3 times a day
    200mg Caffine 3 times a day
    2 grams Arginine 3 times a day

As you can see I have subbed the aspirin for arginine as I feel it is easier on the stomach and will produce better results.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    no way man i shit my pants when i take ephedrine.

Its a stim so it gets everything going, it may be a list of other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    no way man i shit my pants when i take ephedrine.
    LOL.... thats what one of my budies says too.... he can't stop shitting but thats normal for him. I don't Know WTF is wrong with me.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Your logic to switch aspirin out for arginine makes no sense lol

Quote Originally Posted by IM708 View Post
    Your logic to switch aspirin out for arginine makes no sense lol
    Please, if you are going to say that i would like some support.... based on my research it is a viable alternative, if I am wrong I would be happy to switch.

Arginine is used to make nitric oxide, which reduces blood vessel stiffness, increases blood flow, and improves blood vessel function. It is also known to help with protein formation and may help with the natural production of HGH.
    Based on this info and what my goals are and anyone goals with an ECA this seemed to me like a good product to add. Again correct me if I am wrong as I want this to be as effective as possible.

Thanks

use both of them then, the reason why there is aspirin is to prolong the effects of the ephedrine

I just want to outline why I have shied away from the Aspirin, just so others may draw their own conclusions and decisions. Aspirin is extremely hard on your stomach liner and can cause internal bleeding. The risk vs reward simply is not there.

This is from an article written by Stephen Schmitz, MD, MPH
    and Bruce Kneller, BSN-RN. All credit should go to them

Aspirin

"Aspirin {salicyclic acid acetate} and it's naturally occurring methyl ester (methyl salicylate)-- found in the leaves of Gaultheria probrens and on the bark of Betula lenta-- have long been used as analgesics, anti-inflammatories, antipyretics and recently as anti-coagulants. The "A" portion of eca - ephedrine - caffeine - aspirin, aspirin has been thought of potentiating the thermogenic and lipolytic properties of both ephedrine and caffeine. Recent research seems to contradict this however. At a study at The University of London's Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, 40 women (20 non-obese and 20 obese) were given either ephedrine and caffeine (30 mg and 100 mg) or ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin (30 mg, 100 mg, and 300 mg) post prandially (1050 kJ liquid meal). Using indirect calorimetry, observations were made in all groups every 30 minutes for 160 minutes. There was no significant differences between the groups that received aspirin and the groups that did not. We conclude that aspirin does not potentiate the acute thermic effect of ephedrine and caffeine.6

In another study conducted at King's College in London, it was demonstrated that aspirin does not potentiate the thermogenic response to ephedrine in lean women and only slightly so in obese women.7 The increase seen in this study represented a 1.2 kcal per hour increase in metabolism for lean women and a 2.4 kcal per hour increase in metabolism in obese women over use of ephedrine alone, which over an entire week, would represent less than one ounce of bodyweight. We feel that this is insignificant.7

Based on these two studies, we feel that aspirin and its analogs do not play a substantial role in inducing or increasing thermogenesis and/or lipolysis but they do have the potential to induce SAEs when consumed over long periods of time (e.g. ulceration of the stomach and increases in bleeding times). Therefore, we feel that aspirin and it's analogs should not be used in any thermogenic/lipolytic stack."

6) Horton TJ, Geissler CA. Post-prandial Thermogenesis with ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin in Lean, Predisposed Obese and Non-obese women. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disorder, 1996 Feb;20(2):91-95.
    7) Horton TJ, Geissler CA. Aspirin Potentiates the Effect of ephedrine on the Thermogenic Response to a Meal in Obese but not Lean Women. Int J Obes, 1991 May;15(5):359-366.

Anyways, back on point.... Has anyone suffered the same problem as me.... or is it probably another variable in my life?

definetly another variable. Do you take any pain meds? Opiates? Like 100 percent i can tell you its not the ephedrine.

No, I don't take anything else. I eat clean except on staurday I eat Some Doritos... my one vice.... but only once a week. I don't drink alchohol. Only the odd Coke Zero, usually on saturday and I drink lots and lots of water everyday. Due to the caffine pills I drink Decaf Americanos from Starbucks and Have Some Chew (skoal) 1 or 2 dips almost every night. Not sure what would cause it. The only thing that I've changed regarding my daily intakes is the Decaf Americanos. When I am not on ECA I get them normal caffinated.

bro all those things should make you shit ha coffeeeee, dip, ephedrine. Thats ****en weird i am honestly stumped.

if i eat i literally take a shit 10 mins after my body is insane.

I know!!! Its fked up.... Dip usually causes me to shit within 10 minutes of putting it in and god forbid I mix it with coffee. This is really strange and not sure what to do. I guess I will just keep my Fibre intake above 45 grams per day.

Thanks

ya man get some raw veggies going to. Start doing some cardio if you dont do any lol.

thats why i always recommend an enteric coated form..

EBC
    EBC is offline New Member
    Just wondering if you figured out what was going on? As the same thing to me has happened the day i started my stack! I have always been regular so i find it so odd i have taken this stack before about 3 yrs ago and never had a problem. The only thing i have changed in my diet has been my protein shakes! Im going to stop taking them and see if that is whats causing the problem. Im so puzzled...lol

QUOTE=Bertuzzi;5074193]Since I started my ECA stack which is modified from traditional ECA's. I have been having trouble with my bowel movements. I just can't seem to go. I feel like I need to go and I can't when I go into the bathroom. When I can go its hard and I have to work at it.... I know, it sucks. I have a high fibre diet and still doesn't help. If I push the fibre intake up to like 45+ grams a day I have been successful with bowel movements. I am not looking for a solution, just wondering if this is common. 2 of my friends are on the exact same ECA as me and one of them is having no problems the other is not having problems but its not as regular as it was when he was not on the ECA.

Looking for input and experience.

ECA Looks like this.

32mg of Ephedrine 3 times a day
    200mg Caffine 3 times a day
    2 grams Arginine 3 times a day

As you can see I have subbed the aspirin for arginine as I feel it is easier on the stomach and will produce better results.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    Hey man I can totally relate to this thread. I started taking ECA a while back after non taking it for a year or so and I got super constipated, so bad that I actually went to a doc to get the pain sorted out. I was borderline thinking I had appendicitis is was so brutal. After some blood work and a quick x-ray turned out I was just crazy stuffed up, they gave me some pharmaceutical grade laxative and I was good to go again. I have NO idea why it happened but it was the worst. Now I just take 200mg cafeine and 24 mg ephedrine pre-workout once a day and I feel great. Good luck to you man.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Take some Metamucil every single night before bed. 2 tablespoons mixed in about 16 oz of water.
    I promise in two weeks you will want to thank me,,probably in two days.

Thread Information