CaLDwELLGoD is offline Junior Member

Supplement's For my Sport (bmx) Cycling.

Hi all,
    I race my bmx bike and i want to make sure the supplement's i am taking are being used in the correct dosage and time of day. My training has upp'd to 2 times a day now and i want to make sure im not missing out on alot of muscle and power. I know there is alot of room for dieting too but i dont rly have the money to invest into dieting. I want to lean out a lil more and gain a lil more muscle.

In the morning i take 2 Glutamine caps and 2 Leviathan Reloaded caps. Then a 30g protein shake. Then maybe some cereal or pancakes , then shoot right into my morning training. Then later i refuel w/ a peanut butter / bananna / honey / wheat bread sandwich then to my 2nd training sesh.

While im training i use amino vital to sip on, or when im riding i use Cytomax. After my training session's i drink another protein shake ( 30g ) and 2 - 3 Glutamines.

Before i sleep i take a 30g protein shake and 5 Glutamines but i get a headache off 5. So i go to 3 -4.

Also, after my meals i take 1 fish oil Capsule ( 2 x a day ).

Can anyone suggest different supplements or give any advice? Thanks.

bump, any help?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaLDwELLGoD View Post
    Hi all,
    I race my bmx bike and i want to make sure the supplement's i am taking are being used in the correct dosage and time of day. My training has upp'd to 2 times a day now and i want to make sure im not missing out on alot of muscle and power. I know there is alot of room for dieting too but i dont rly have the money to invest into dieting. I want to lean out a lil more and gain a lil more muscle.

In the morning i take 2 Glutamine caps and 2 Leviathan Reloaded caps. Then a 30g protein shake. Then maybe some cereal or pancakes , then shoot right into my morning training. Then later i refuel w/ a peanut butter / bananna / honey / wheat bread sandwich then to my 2nd training sesh.

While im training i use amino vital to sip on, or when im riding i use Cytomax. After my training session's i drink another protein shake ( 30g ) and 2 - 3 Glutamines.

Before i sleep i take a 30g protein shake and 5 Glutamines but i get a headache off 5. So i go to 3 -4.

Also, after my meals i take 1 fish oil Capsule ( 2 x a day ).

Can anyone suggest different supplements or give any advice? Thanks.
    Glutamine is only effective in high doses, like at least 10-20 grams. I take mine on an empty stomach before and after my workout to help with absorbtion. You can take a bunch before bed too that is a good time. Most glutamine comes in 1 gram pills or less but you did not say how much the ones you have are.

Fish oil should be taken with meals, I take 3 x 3 a day but it is Omega 3-6-9 not just fish oil.

Your diet looks to be crap, might want to go in that section and get some advice. You don't need a lot of money to eat right, that is an excuse if you ask me.

Thanks bro, yeah i got 1k mg L-Glutamines. It looks like ive been wasteing these Glutamines. I Shall start taking them in 15g before working out and after... then before bed.

I know i def need help on my diet. I kinda need a nutrionist or someone to hold my hand lol

jypoll is offline Member
    glutamine is best right after your workout and before bed i take 3-4 servings of 5 grams per day, usually 5g with each protein shake... and yea dieting doesnt cost money supplements do, and dieting is always number 1, get your diet in check before you concern yourself with supplementation

I forgot to mention that i want to get creatine. No-xplode?

I forgot to mention that i want to get creatine. No-xplode?
    Get a Kre-Alkalyn version, like Purple K.

And then get some seperate arginine/beta alanine and have a better version of No-xplode, just without the catchy name.

I have heard No-xplode is good that is fine too. I am just not into heavily marketed products like that.

Thats dude, what do u mean by getting arginine seperate? i have that in my Amino Vital. and beta alanine?

Thats dude, what do u mean by getting arginine seperate? i have that in my Amino Vital. and beta alanine?
    Your Amino vital contains only 2400mg TOTAL of a split between arginine, BCAA's and glutamine per scoop.

You should be taking 6,000 mg of arginine before and at the end of your workout total of 12,000mg

10,000-15,000 mg total of glutamine same times.(we went over that before)

And about 4,800 mg of BCAA before and after.

Beta alanine goes with creatine, and you should be taking about 4,000 mg of that when you take the creatine preworkout.

See the difference?

All they did was take a few amino acids and BCAA's, give you about 1/10th of what you need and put a nice label on the package and charge you 10x what it would cost of you just bought the ingredients yourself.

Most of these products are all marketing, I went to the amino vital website and guess what? I could not find the label anywhere but I did see some fancy graphics and a full court press to try to sell it to you. It is no coincidence the label was nowhere to be found with all the details, believe me.

I was just like you a while ago I had no clue. I used to buy all the fancy stuff and go for the marketing hook line and sinker. Just trying to help you out I had to learn the hard and expensive way.

heh, damn thanks alot man. So i gotta basically take 2 1/2 to 3 Scoops of Amino Vital. 1 scoop per bottle 3 times a day. I think im immune to Amino Vital. I would get kinda sick and shut down if i drank it 1 - 2 scoops a day.

heh, damn thanks alot man. So i gotta basically take 2 1/2 to 3 Scoops of Amino Vital. 1 scoop per bottle 3 times a day. I think im immune to Amino Vital. I would get kinda sick and shut down if i drank it 1 - 2 scoops a day.
    You would need about 10 scoops a day if not more.

That would cost about $325 a month, or if you bought the supplements individually about $50 a month.

Thread Information