BeachRican84 is offline New Member

Taking ON whey / casein

So ive been on the ON Gold Whey protein, 2 scoops after workout, 2 scoops in the PM. just picked up the ON Casein protein.

Do i take 1 scoop of each per shake?
    2 scoops post workout, and casein at nite?

please suggest options...

also, picked up Beast's CREATure creatine. trying it out after my KREalkalyn ran out....thoughts?

thanks.

5'9"
    180 (up from 160)
    26 years old

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    You can mix the two together...the casein breaks down much slower so that will feed your muscles longer. Whey is quick and is perfect for post workout. But That is a lot of protein from shakes tho....~ 100 Grams? right? I try not to do more than 50 grams a day...with the rest of my 300 grams coming from real food. I would stick to a mix of the two after your workout. If you had to do a shake at night just do strait casein....but if I were you I would just eat some cottage cheese. I eat it every night right b4 bed. Just my 2 cents

POPS is offline Senior Member
    If I have an early start in the morning Ill have 2 scoops with ground oats for bfast. Considering that Im cutting, Ill have 2 more scoops pwo with fish oil. Thats it.

I try to have REAL food as much as I can but Id rather have a shake than nothing. Besides, if you start having 3-4 shakes/day your wallet will start crying.

jmo...

BeachRican84 is offline New Member
    thanks for the feedback. sounds good, ever heard of that CREATure stuff before?

mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog99 View Post
    You can mix the two together...the casein breaks down much slower so that will feed your muscles longer. Whey is quick and is perfect for post workout. But That is a lot of protein from shakes tho....~ 100 Grams? right? I try not to do more than 50 grams a day...with the rest of my 300 grams coming from real food. I would stick to a mix of the two after your workout. If you had to do a shake at night just do strait casein....but if I were you I would just eat some cottage cheese. I eat it every night right b4 bed. Just my 2 cents
    I do that sometimes. Take a half portion of casein and half of whey.

mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    If I have an early start in the morning Ill have 2 scoops with ground oats for bfast. Considering that Im cutting, Ill have 2 more scoops pwo with fish oil. Thats it.

I try to have REAL food as much as I can but Id rather have a shake than nothing. Besides, if you start having 3-4 shakes/day your wallet will start crying.

jmo...
    I drink shakes 1 - 3 times a day but my wallet aren't crying cause I´m not poor.
    I drink whey after work out and casein sometimes in the middle of the day or for breakfast and sometimes as my last meal.

Thread Information