Sublime667 is offline New Member

Newbie - question on protein shake and cals associated with it

Hey guys,

Im currently 6'6 and 275 lbs........Id like to get down to 240ish

I eat very healthy (low fat / low carb) and do 30 min of high intense cardio 6 days a week. I also do a pretty hard weight training workout, focusing on one muscle a day, mon - fri throwing in abs 3 days a week as well

I use 100% gold standard whey (2 scoops) and mix it with water post work out......for the 2 scoops its 240 cal / 20 cal being from fat, 4g of carbs, and 48g of protein. I have this around 11:30am, having last eaten a bowl of cerial around 8:45am, and the next meal not being until about 1pm..........Is this ok?

The 240 cal part throws me off some, but if only 20 cal are from fat im not sure if thats fine?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sublime667; 08-17-2010 at 09:55 AM.

BIGGZY is offline New Member
    try putting some oats in with your post workout shake they increase your protein intake and also fill you up!
    another pointer try having a bigger breakfast mate a bowl of cereal just isnt enough dont forget yo9ur body has just come out of an 8 hour fast

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime667 View Post
    Hey guys,

Im currently 6'6 and 275 lbs........Id like to get down to 240ish

I eat very healthy (low fat / low carb) and do 30 min of high intense cardio 6 days a week. I also do a pretty hard weight training workout, focusing on one muscle a day, mon - fri throwing in abs 3 days a week as well

I use 100% gold standard whey (2 scoops) and mix it with water post work out......for the 2 scoops its 240 cal / 20 cal being from fat, 4g of carbs, and 48g of protein. I have this around 11:30am, having last eaten a bowl of cerial around 8:45am, and the next meal not being until about 1pm..........Is this ok?

The 240 cal part throws me off some, but if only 20 cal are from fat im not sure if thats fine?

Thanks
    Well that is a good workout plan if you are trying to cut down and drop some weight.

I don't know what use cereal has in your diet, might want to go to the diet section and break down what you eat every day. But any fat calories in protein powder is negligible at best, don't worry about it it is nothing.

Thread Information