tonyd is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Supplements in Australia

Fellow aussie members. I’ve been trying to find a thread (at least a recent one) covering this issue. Couldn't find one so here is my advices.

We all know how expensive we pay comparatively to what they pay in Canada or USA !

At this present time, we have all noticed how good the Aussie dollar is (almost parity with US) and I would seriously recommend you get whatever you can from the US. You will more likely pay a lot for the shipping but honestly, you will still be saving money. However, I have some recommendations before you order :

1/ Don’t bother ordering PROTEINS from overseas. ANY KIND OF PROTEINS ! Quarantine will block it and it will be a waste of money.

2/ Do your research ! Make sure what you order will go through custom. In case of doubt, search http://www.customs.gov.au/default.asp and if you still can’t find it, send an email to [email protected] / They take a bit of time to reply but better be safe than sorry !

3/ Do your research. Yep, once again ! This time, it's about prices. Some supplements won't be that much cheaper compare to what you can find down under...with the shipping cost more particularly ! Tweak your order by taking things in and out of basket and compare with Aussie prices.

3/ Some US website will already have experience with Aussie clients and won’t let you order some supplements at checkout. For example, I can think of Animal Stak. However, some other websites will allow you to order these supplement. In that case, you are gambling your money. It can go through, it might not either

4/ I would recommend you order in bulk (with friends if possible) to make the shipping more affordable. It can considerably reduce your spending !

5/ Search for coupons on the net. Most overseas websites have coupons that will allow to save more on your bill.

6/ Be ready to wait ! Ordering from overseas is a long process. It will take up to 3 weeks to receive your package. I recommend you keep track of how long it takes to receive so further orders can be planned accordingly !

-------------------------------------

Now, for all the supplements you can’t order from overseas, the other option is to get it from within Australia.

1/ Browse around ! I’ve seen disparity of prices up to 30AU$ on a single product from one place to another.

2/ Ordering online with Aussie businesses (compared to going to a shop) is a good option to pay less for your supplements. I hate supplement shop not indicating the prices of their products so you can have some salesperson convince you to get THAT particular product instead of the others.

3/ Go natural ! On top of my mind, I can think of 2 Australian businesses selling Bulk Protein on the net. Usually, you will end up having a better value (WPI, WPC, Casein) and you will also have a better control of what you put in your body (Amino Acids, ect). The only downside to it is the taste. Most of these bulk proteins are sold without flavour. Good luck on swallowing it everyday. I know you can now find Flavor pack so it’s less difficult. Another option is to mix the natural protein to a flavoured brand.

I’m not exactly sure if I can provide website links on that post but will more happy to do so if allowed !

Good luck guys
    Last edited by tonyd; 10-13-2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: edited for better presentation

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    freight and shipping charges makes it basically the same price as it normally here, not to mention the dollar will go down soon.

theres heaps of online aussie supp websites that sell cheap bulk stuff.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Once you have 25 posts i wouldnt mind if you PM'd me the sites!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Hmm interesting points, just out of interest what exactly do u mean by ordering proteins. Do you mean protein powder?

I would also have to agree with stevey, on being alot of aussie supp sites, that match majority of supp oversea sites, if not slightly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    freight and shipping charges makes it basically the same price as it normally here, not to mention the dollar will go down soon.

theres heaps of online aussie supp websites that sell cheap bulk stuff.
    Well, to be honest, when it comes to creatine, BCAA, vitamins, ect, i've always been able to save up to 50% on same products if not better quality by ordering in the USA. You just gotta do your research but personally, i believe that most retailers in oz are overpricing (justified or not). By ordering more than 2 or 3 items, you will usually save money.

In regards to the currency, we are lucky at the moment and I believe we still have a few months to get the benefits of it!

Boz88, When i say PROTEINS, yes, i refer to protein powder (WPC,WPI, Casein, ect..).

Now, i can almost guarentee that, talking same products, same manufacturers, ordering from overseas will be cheaper than getting it from Oz !

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
    Well, to be honest, when it comes to creatine, BCAA, vitamins, ect, i've always been able to save up to 50% on same products if not better quality by ordering in the USA. You just gotta do your research but personally, i believe that most retailers in oz are overpricing (justified or not). By ordering more than 2 or 3 items, you will usually save money.

In regards to the currency, we are lucky at the moment and I believe we still have a few months to get the benefits of it!

Boz88, When i say PROTEINS, yes, i refer to protein powder (WPC,WPI, Casein, ect..).

Now, i can almost guarentee that, talking same products, same manufacturers, ordering from overseas will be cheaper than getting it from Oz !
    creatine, BCAA's and vits are cheap here anyway, im talking less then 20 bucks... www.bulknutrients.com is an example...

hope im allowed to post supplement sites up lol.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Wow I cant believe you cannot order protein powders, because of customs ceasing the items. Its only protein powder ffs :|

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    creatine, BCAA's and vits are cheap here anyway, im talking less then 20 bucks... www.bulknutrients.com is an example...

hope im allowed to post supplement sites up lol.
    Well,

it's always good to know a new descently priced website for us in Oz but let's be honest, most retailers are overpricing the products they sell !

Thanks for the link anyway mate ! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by boz88 View Post
    Wow I cant believe you cannot order protein powders, because of customs ceasing the items. Its only protein powder ffs :|
    Ya, don't ask me why ! More particularly when you see the exact same product available in Oz for 2 and half time the price !

Thread Information