Hiya,

For a little while now, i've been taking milk as my during workout drink. My question is, what protein should i be taking after my workout?

For a long time, i took WPI (on advice from a friend), but i found that it just didn't seem to work as well as a carb mixed protein which i switched to a couple of years ago. But that was before i started drinking milk during the workout. My question is, now that i'm drinking milk, should i go to a primarily WPI post-workout protein? Or am i best sticking with a carb/protein mix? Should i mix my own (like buy both and alter the ratios)?

One thing i've noticed with the milk + carb/protein is that it can take me a little while to get hungry again - i like to eat real food as soon as possible after a workout, but sometimes i'm just not that hungry until over an hour later. Though that may also have something to do with the pre-workout supplement drink, which i take with a ton of water because it invariably tastes disgusting (why is the flavour always SO concentrated - gross).

I'm very much a hard gainer, it takes a lot of time and work to put on any weight. I'm a pretty experienced gym goer, but until recently i've relied on one friend for my source of info. Unfortunately, i've found that much of his advice just wasn't suitable for me, and i think he over-estimated his knowledge and experience. I wasted too many years doing things his way. That's why i'm here, so please be kind