Thread: Glutamin

Optima25 is offline Associate Member

Glutamin

Hi friends

Have got 500mg pills of L-Glutamin. Is it worth to try? Has anyone experience with it?? When to take and how much?

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    "Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid (building block of protein) in the body. The body can make enough glutamine for its regular needs, but extreme stress (the kind you would experience after very heavy exercise or an injury), your body may need more glutamine than it can make. Most glutamine is stored in muscles followed by the lungs, where much of the glutamine is made.

Glutamine is important for removing excess ammonia (a common waste product in the body). It also helps your immune system function and appears to be needed for normal brain function and digestion.

You can usually get enough glutamine without taking a supplement, because your body makes it and you get some in your diet. Certain medical conditions, including injuries, surgery, infections, and prolonged stress, can lower glutamine levels, however. In these cases, taking a glutamine supplement may be helpful."

I take 5grams of glutamine when I wake up, post workout, and before bed. I'm probably taking too much but there are no side effects and anything I can take to help my immune system I will. I hate getting sick from the gym

Squawks is offline New Member
    looks good

Thread Information