viking88 is offline Associate Member

any of you guys take probiotics?

if so , what brand?

and what are some of the benefits you noticed?

apperciate the responses..

DGHGM is offline Junior Member
    I take BioCeuticals ProbioZyme when bulking, and I don't take anything when cutting. Why this brand? Because a friend of mine who is a triathlete and sports scientist recommended it, simple as that. Someone else may be able to give you more insight, it's just something I've never cared enough about to study.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have met Probiotics when I was 22 while suffering from chronic constipation for a long time.

What can I say, it worked like a miracle and the quality of my life has been drastically increased since then.

Some people have slow digestive metabolism, and it is seemingly hard to reverse it regardless of daily water and fiber intake as well as exercise. This is exactly where probiotics kick in as a remedy.

At any rate, probiotics also increase protein synthesis and provide users with longevity by taking a significant amount of stress off of one's digestive system, which is why today's pro BBs have made them an indispensable supplementation to their diets along with fish oils and multi vitamins. When someone eats pounds of meat, fish, chicken and etc. a day, probiotics can make an unbelievable difference in terms of both pace and quality of digestion.

I have used several brands so far, some of them were produced in the States and some in Europe, most of them worked just as good. You can take a serving before, after or in between your meals, works just the same. The trick is to keep your probiotics in the fridge once you open a bottle, since they are packed with live bacteria which you want to keep alive.

Price usually varies depending on the amount of bacteria present in capsules/tabs and the brand, of course. You will probably need to go through a few brands and varieties to see which one works the best for you, but I was lucky to find what worked the best for me at my first time shopping.

These links should give you a pretty good idea, I would also read the customer reviews;

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3630796

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11765975

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4273764

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134422

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    I have met Probiotics when I was 22 while suffering from chronic constipation for a long time.

What can I say, it worked like a miracle and the quality of my life has been drastically increased since then.

Some people have slow digestive metabolism, and it is seemingly hard to reverse it regardless of daily water and fiber intake as well as exercise. This is exactly where probiotics kick in as a remedy.

At any rate, probiotics also increase protein synthesis and provide users with longevity by taking a significant amount of stress off of one's digestive system, which is why today's pro BBs have made them an indispensable supplementation to their diets along with fish oils and multi vitamins. When someone eats pounds of meat, fish, chicken and etc. a day, probiotics can make an unbelievable difference in terms of both pace and quality of digestion.

I have used several brands so far, some of them were produced in the States and some in Europe, most of them worked just as good. You can take a serving before, after or in between your meals, works just the same. The trick is to keep your probiotics in the fridge once you open a bottle, since they are packed with live bacteria which you want to keep alive.

Price usually varies depending on the amount of bacteria present in capsules/tabs and the brand, of course. You will probably need to go through a few brands and varieties to see which one works the best for you, but I was lucky to find what worked the best for me at my first time shopping.

These links should give you a pretty good idea, I would also read the customer reviews;

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3630796

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11765975

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4273764

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134422

thank you so much! that is the exact reason i am seeking probiotics, for constipation... it seems no matter how much fiber, exercise, water i consume i cant relieve my constipation

i apperciate the links

but what was the exact probiotic that worked for you? also should i take a probiotic with multiple strains or just one strain ?

ok i just bought the "ultimate flora 50 billlion count"

is this a good choice? how long should i take this before i go to lower bacterial amonut like 5 or 10 billion? or should i just stay on this for awhile
    Last edited by viking88; 04-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by viking88 View Post
    thank you so much! that is the exact reason i am seeking probiotics, for constipation... it seems no matter how much fiber, exercise, water i consume i cant relieve my constipation. I hear you brother. Slow metabolic rate will lead to such issues, it is in the ''genes'' for some people. Once you have met probiotics, your troubles are over for the rest of your life.

i apperciate the links your welcome!

but what was the exact probiotic that worked for you? also should i take a probiotic with multiple strains or just one strain ? My first probiotic was GNC Natural Brand L. acidophilus 4 Billion, meaning one strain. Took one tab a day and never had issues ever again. The rest of the brands I have experienced with pretty much provided the same experience, whether one or multiple strain.

Quote Originally Posted by viking88 View Post
    ok i just bought the "ultimate flora 50 billlion count"

is this a good choice? how long should i take this before i go to lower bacterial amonut like 5 or 10 billion? or should i just stay on this for awhile
    I think you made a good choice regarding the price and how much you get for it.

Frankly, I wouldn't bother myself thinking about the number of bacteria each pill contains. There are trillions of similar bacteria in the human digestive tract already, so you are looking at a minimal difference between 5 and 50 billion as a matter of fact.

If this product works for you, which I am sure it will, just stay on it. You do not develop any sort of sensitivity to floral bacteria as in the case of most pharmaceuticals, so there is no reason to switch from one brand to another over time.

Make sure you keep the product in the refrigerator once it is opened, otherwise it will be spoiled in a short time frame.

You may want to make sure you are home after taking your first tab, as you will soon understand what I mean by this.

Waiting for your feedback

haha i took my first tab about an hour ago, so im excited to await the results

thanks for all your help by the way brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    I think you made a good choice regarding the price and how much you get for it.

Frankly, I wouldn't bother myself thinking about the number of bacteria each pill contains. There are trillions of similar bacteria in the human digestive tract already, so you are looking at a minimal difference between 5 and 50 billion as a matter of fact.

If this product works for you, which I am sure it will, just stay on it. You do not develop any sort of sensitivity to floral bacteria as in the case of most pharmaceuticals, so there is no reason to switch from one brand to another over time.

Make sure you keep the product in the refrigerator once it is opened, otherwise it will be spoiled in a short time frame.

You may want to make sure you are home after taking your first tab, as you will soon understand what I mean by this.

Waiting for your feedback
    update, it actually made me more constipated bro. dont know how that can be, and i tried a different probiotc a couple months ago with the same results.. sigh

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a stomach 'bug' awhile back that lasted for months. I lost 25+ pounds.
    The biggest thing that helped me was adding probiotics. The best on the market
    IMO is the Innate brand.

BulletColorado is offline New Member
    I take Yakult (japanese probiotic milk like drink) they are pretty cheap and you can get them from any grocery store..
    what kind of protein are you taking? my protein was giving me all those issues until i switched to 100% whey protein
    Last edited by BulletColorado; 05-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Thread Information