Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dooie is offline Senior Member
    G'day guys, I'm looking into buying a new protein and as I only drink it either before breaky and post workout, I was either thinking of getting a mass gainer or my regular protein but buying carbs separately? Could someone help me out with what I want here? With the mass gainers, they r very expensive per serving as on some of them your looking up to a serve of 300gms! That's like 15servings for a 10lb bag! Which is ridiculous!!

What carb should I buy? Dextrose, maltodextrin or waxy maize? What are the differences?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dooie; 04-23-2012 at 07:53 AM.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Personally I'd buy some WPI and grind up some whole grains oats to mix with your shakes.. weight gainers have too much extra crap in them.

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc
    Personally I'd buy some WPI and grind up some whole grains oats to mix with your shakes.. weight gainers have too much extra crap in them.
    That was the other option! And you can buy fine oats for fairly cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackery
    I prefer some healthy carbs to add to my protein shake. I don't trust these super mass builder stuff. For me it tastes like they just add bunches of sugar. I'd reccomend just buying a normal protein shake and adding something to it that you know will give you the carbs you need.
    Chees mate, I have decided to add carbs to my WpI but can someone explain what carbs are best? As in my original question.

Zackery is offline Associate Member
    I prefer some healthy carbs to add to my protein shake. I don't trust these super mass builder stuff. For me it tastes like they just add bunches of sugar. I'd reccomend just buying a normal protein shake and adding something to it that you know will give you the carbs you need.

Thread Information