Thread: milk thistle

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Is milk thistle any good?
    Does it really help your liver? I got some for free and was wondering if its worth it to use

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It is one of the 2 supplements I ever consider using for longevity of the liver, on and off cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer
    It is one of the 2 supplements I ever consider using for longevity of the liver, on and off cycle.
    Thanks

blacksmoke is offline Associate Member
    What's the other one?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    liv52

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    liv52
    When is that good to take Roman? Is it better than milk thistle and is it available at supp shops?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    When is that good to take Roman? Is it better than milk thistle and is it available at supp shops?
    There have been a few studies on liv52. Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to damage my liver and then use that as the saving grace.

But yeah it's pretty widely available at supplement stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

There have been a few studies on liv52. Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to damage my liver and then use that as the saving grace.

But yeah it's pretty widely available at supplement stores.
    I'm just looking for something to keep my liver healthy. Figured milk thistle would be the best one but I wanted a second opinion

sanman is offline Associate Member
    Taking milk thistle with my Anavar & cyp cycle right now!

Quote Originally Posted by sanman
    Taking milk thistle with my Anavar & cyp cycle right now!
    Haha nice

BFM
    BFM is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Does it really help your liver? I got some for free and was wondering if its worth it to use
    Be VERY careful with Milk Thistle... Ive researched this a few years back....here some info...

Milk thistle, friend or foe?
    True or False?
    1) Milk Thistle protects the liver.
    2) The liver needs protecting.
    3) Up to 25% of the liver can be removed and it will still grow back.
    4) Taking Milk Thistle can make you and your liver worse.
    5) Like a muscle, the liver needs to be active and worked to be effective.
    6) Milk Thistle is the #1 herb on the planet for liver issues.
    7) The biggest mistake people make when doing anything for their liver, is to use Milk Thistle.
    8) Milk Thistle is without question the worst herb now being used for liver issues.
    9) Milk Thistle does the exact opposite of what an herb should do to help the liver.
    10) Use of Milk Thistle could make you sick or sicker.
    11) Milk Thistle supports the structure and function of the liver.

The answers to the above questions are: #1 True, #2 False, #3 True, #4 True, #5 True, #6 False, #7 True, #8 True, #9 True, #10 True and #11 False.

If you have not fainted yet, read on.

The use Milk Thistle has been well documented and accepted as common knowledge for centuries. Milk Thistle is a liver protector, which is why it is a failure. It is also the reason why people use it. Confused? Apparently, someone in history noted (with some amazement), that Milk Thistle "walls off" the liver. His observation may have gone no further or he may have also noted that this "walling off" response was not optimum for the body.

Over time, all that remains of any observation he made, is the one line "Milk Thistle is a liver protector." That line sounds impressive doesn't it?

By protecting the liver, Milk Thistle prevents the liver from doing its only job. The job of the liver is to protect you. It also has a self protection mechanism. It can repair up to 25% of the damage it receives. That is like cutting off a leg and growing a new one.

The liver's job is to meet and greet everything we come in contact with (good or bad). Through chemistry, the liver then determines what it is, marries it up with a molecule or conjugates it for safety. Once rendered safe foreign matter can either be used by, or kicked out of the body.

But, if the liver is not allowed to do its job, (by our stepping in and overriding it), then all sorts of havoc can result. Imagine unfiltered material floating through your system. If you use Milk Thistle that is what is happening. Milk thistle reduces the action of the liver by 75 to 80 percent. When this happens the body tries to alert us by giving us symptoms such as pain, low energy, foggy thinking, discomfort, moods, depression or lack of sleep.

The solution to free floating unresolved matter in the body is absorption. The body isolates the dangerous matter in an attempt to damage control the problem. Soon, the waste matter is suspended in our fatty tissue, muscle tissue etc, where it remains. This "storing" also impedes weight loss attempts as the fatty tissue (where the dangerous material is) will not break down. The unresolved material marbles the fat in the body making it (the fat) unsafe to break down (i.e. the body will not self destruct).

To summarize:
    1) Milk Thistle builds a wall around the liver preventing it from doing 75 to 80 percent of its job.
    2) Up to 25% of your liver can be damage or removed and it will still grow back. That is like cutting off a leg, a lot of room for error there.
    3) To prevent damage, the body captures and stores foreign matter that the liver can't process.
    4) The body tries to warn us of liver overwhelm, by giving us symptoms, pain, low energy, foggy thinking, discomfort, moods, depression or lack of sleep.
    5) Our body becomes a storehouse of dangerous material and unused food. This causes us to stay fat. As the body will not release unfit material to its system unless forced to.

What good can be said about Milk Thistle? At least it is not controlled by the government and force fed to us.

In conclusion, we are not saying to damage your liver since it can fix itself. We are saying that, wearing your clothes over your raincoat is just backwards.

The liver is one tough organ and is made better than your car or washing machine. When was the last time your car fixed it's own paint, door ding or broken window?

Finally, imagine you have hired a bodyguard for protection. Now imagine you are out one night and you and your bodyguard decide to get money at the ATM. As you receive your cash, a big scruffy guy walks up, shoves a gun up your nose and demands all of your money, now.

You look around and you see your bodyguard listening to music while getting a massage (totally oblivious to your situation). If you are taking Milk Thistle, your bodyguard is in a deep sleep.

Therefore, do not, do not, use Milk Thistle. Should you want to research this yourself (and we hope you do), go ahead. Please, prove this article wrong.

Be our guest.

If you want to avoid the agony, read the information on Liver Balance Plus at this site. You will then discover the product designed to support the structure and function of your liver. Your liver is well made. If you give it what it needs and let it do it's job, it will be happy, and so will you.

http://www.pbiv.com/articles/milkthistle.html

papa-g is offline Member
    I agree and disagree at the same time. If a person is healthy and not doing anything that might over work their liver then taking it might cause more harm then good. But if a person was Taking oral AAS or some pro hormone that may cause extra stress on the liver, then taking milk thistle would help your liver rebound from the excess work load.

My 2¢

"before you judge me, make sure your perfect!"

BFM
    BFM is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papa-g View Post
    I agree and disagree at the same time. If a person is healthy and not doing anything that might over work their liver then taking it might cause more harm then good. But if a person was Taking oral AAS or some pro hormone that may cause extra stress on the liver, then taking milk thistle would help your liver rebound from the excess work load.

My 2¢

"before you judge me, make sure your perfect!"
    You touch on a very interesting point....taking MT might actually help the oral gear be MUCH more effective.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i was on meds where i had to get my liver tested monthly.
    milk thistle mad absolutely no difference in my liver levels.
    liv52 did
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    i was on meds where i had to get my liver tested monthly.
    milk thistle mad absolutely no difference in my liver levels.
    liv52 did
    Where can I get liv52? Does the stuff on this site work and is it legal?
    The liv52 on this site I mean. Not the other chemicals

StickyNicky is offline Associate Member
    You can get Liv52 off amazon for like 20 bones..

Quote Originally Posted by StickyNicky
    You can get Liv52 off amazon for like 20 bones..
    Lol sweet. I didn't know that, i'm still semi new to supplements

Lol sweet. I didn't know that, i'm still semi new to supplements
    Are you planning to do something that's going to be givin' your liver a hurtin'?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I would spend my money on something better IMO like Synthergine. I've seen lab work proof numerous times
    this stuff works as advertised.

Are you planning to do something that's going to be givin' your liver a hurtin'?
    No I just want to know what would be good for me to take for overall liver health

No I just want to know what would be good for me to take for overall liver health
    The thing about the liver, it can take a licking. Generally, unless you're already in bad liver health, it doesn't need any supports.

The thing about the liver, it can take a licking. Generally, unless you're already in bad liver health, it doesn't need any supports.
    That makes sense

Thread Information