sharmabrah is offline Banned

Review My Supplements Please

After much deliberation I have decided to stay natural until I am at least twenty four (only twenty at the moment), thanks to the advice of several people on the steroids forum. Keeping this in mind, I was wondering if some of you could review my supplements and tell me if I am taking any unnecessary supplements or if there are some that would be good to add in. Just letting you know I am currently bulking too. My current supplements are: whey protein (two every day), casein protein (one every night before bed), creatine monohydrate (one scoop with beta alanine before workouts), beta alanine (one scoop with creatine before workouts), multivitamin tablets (everyday), and amino acid softgels (everyday).

With the creatine, would it be possible to take a scoop before as well as after workouts (so basically two scoops only on workout days), or would it be better to just have a scoop every day as opposed to only workout days? Also, I was thinking of adding in a testosterone booster for some extra, albeit small strength gains. Any suggestions?

Any help or advice would be great - I'm still young and learning so any help would be brilliant.
    Last edited by sharmabrah; 06-11-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It seems like you have covered all the essential supplements, so it's all dandy.

Take 5gr of Creatine Mono and Beta-A post-workout.

Take the same amount on rest days, preferably early in the morning.

Don't forget to drink plenty of water, an essential thing to do if you want your Creatine to work.

Most Test Boosters are useless, I wouldn't bother with them. Buy more real food with that money instead.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I agree, it looks like you're G2G. I wouldn't bother with the test booster either. They're wastes of money and even if they DID work (which they don't), they're not going to elevate your levels enough to give you any gains.

I personally don't use creatine at all anymore. Aside from a little bloating, I never noticed any gains from it and it really fvcked up my creatinine levels when I had blood work done. Doctors would think I'm suffering from renal failure when they looked at the numbers.

sharmabrah is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I agree, it looks like you're G2G. I wouldn't bother with the test booster either. They're wastes of money and even if they DID work (which they don't), they're not going to elevate your levels enough to give you any gains.

I personally don't use creatine at all anymore. Aside from a little bloating, I never noticed any gains from it and it really fvcked up my creatinine levels when I had blood work done. Doctors would think I'm suffering from renal failure when they looked at the numbers.
    Yeah a fair few of my mates tell me they haven't really got any results from creatine except for getting bloated when they loaded it for several weeks. Pretty undesirable if you ask me. I've read some really good stuff about beta alanine and personally I'm a fan of it - really good to take before the gym. I don't really like the idea of preworkouts like jacked and white flood and all those - it seems pretty easy to get addicted to caffeine and some research shows it's even bad for you. Do you have an opinion on beta alanine?

After I've finished these supplements I'm thinking of just keeping it simple and having a multivitamin (my multivitamin includes the essential aminos too), fish oil, CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), glutamine and l-carnitine. Been doing my research and those four supplements are good for you too with no side effects or adverse effects on the body. They pretty much cover everything - vitamins and minerals, tissue repair, cardiovascular health, decreasing chance of getting cancer (obviously never safe from it but you know what I mean), fatty acids and many other things I could list. I don't see the need for creatine or even beta alanine for that matter anymore.
    Last edited by sharmabrah; 06-11-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmabrah View Post
    Yeah a fair few of my mates tell me they haven't really got any results from creatine except for getting bloated when they loaded it for several weeks. Pretty undesirable if you ask me. I've read some really good stuff about beta alanine and personally I'm a fan of it - really good to take before the gym. I don't really like the idea of preworkouts like jacked and white flood and all those - it seems pretty easy to get addicted to caffeine and some research shows it's even bad for you. Do you have an opinion on beta alanine?

After I've finished these supplements I'm thinking of just keeping it simple and having a multivitamin (my multivitamin includes the essential aminos too), fish oil, CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), glutamine and l-carnitine. Been doing my research and those four supplements are good for you too with no side effects or adverse effects on the body. They pretty much cover everything - vitamins and minerals, tissue repair, cardiovascular health, decreasing chance of getting cancer (obviously never safe from it but you know what I mean), fatty acids and many other things I could list. I don't see the need for creatine or even beta alanine for that matter anymore.
    Here is a study of Beta Alanine done on both college wrestlers and football players:

http://www.jissn.com/content/6/S1/P2

Some people do swear they get creatine results though.

Thread Information