Thread: Vitamin

wesholcomb80 is offline Associate Member

Vitamin

I'm looking to switch to a new multi vitamin. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good one.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    You can start with this to make an informed decision. Like anything else, you can spend as much as you want on a multi....

http://www.multivitaminguide.org/

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Cool site Roman!!

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Didn't find mine on there but I use on's optimen, can get for a good price if you shop around

HCL
    HCL is offline New Member
    Just to give you a basic hint without geting into details:

Look at the label and find the b12, if its:
    A) Cyanocobalamin - look further
    B) Methylcobalamin/ hydroxocobalamin - then start looking at other vitamins and in which forms they are present.

No serious company would ever put cyanocobalamon in its multi in 2012.

It is very rare that all other vits and mins are in good form, and that just the b12 sucks, so its the best indicator.

And if the label doesnt even list in what form is every ingredient, call BS, regardless of the amount of every ingredient.

traindude is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HCL View Post
    Just to give you a basic hint without geting into details:

Look at the label and find the b12, if its:
    A) Cyanocobalamin - look further
    B) Methylcobalamin/ hydroxocobalamin - then start looking at other vitamins and in which forms they are present.

No serious company would ever put cyanocobalamon in its multi in 2012.

It is very rare that all other vits and mins are in good form, and that just the b12 sucks, so its the best indicator.

And if the label doesnt even list in what form is every ingredient, call BS, regardless of the amount of every ingredient.
    What if it is Vitamin B12 (As Phytonadione)?Which is bodybuilding.com'a multi-vitamin.
    Last edited by traindude; 07-08-2012 at 09:46 AM.

traindude is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Didn't find mine on there but I use on's optimen, can get for a good price if you shop around
    If HCL is right,opti-men'sVitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin).you can check the label.Thats means opti-men sucks?

HCL
    HCL is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by traindude View Post
    What if it is Vitamin B12 (As Phytonadione)?Which is bodybuilding.com'a multi-vitamin.
    Phytonadione is vitamin K, it has nothing to do with vitamin b12

Quote Originally Posted by traindude View Post
    If HCL is right,opti-men'sVitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin).you can check the label.Thats means opti-men sucks?
    note that i said " It is very rare that all other vits and mins are in good form, and that just the b12 sucks ", and Opti Men is an example of exactly that.

Label claim:
    -> "Convenient and complete, it's the ultimate nutrient system for the active man. "

yet vitamin D is underdosed
    Cyanocobalamine is the lowest quality b12 you can get.
    Magnesium oxide is the lowest quality magnesium you can get.

Label claim:

-> "Amino-Blend - Contains 8 key free-form acids (including Arginine, Glutamine, and BCAAs), the building blocks of lean muscle growth and development. "

its "aminoblend" of 800mg amino acids is virtually useless. (800mg of pure building blocks right there )

its "viri blend" has nice ingredients, but it is hugely underdosed so - virtually useless.

overall, it is an Ok product, for 13$ its the best lol, just not perfect, and they certainly have all the resources to make it perfect, but looks like they are more interested in bigger margins than working on their "edge" in the supp field.
    They do make quality protein powders ( at least it has the % of protein it lists, and not like myofusion ( i feel the shitstorm coming regarding this statement, but i will prove it if people show interest ).

I did not look more deeply into the label of opti men, but this is what i could catch based on a quick look.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I eat a couple of Flinstones every day.

Thread Information