Thread: Suppliment help

blummy is offline Junior Member

Suppliment help

Hey guys just wanted to try clear a couple things up.
    I've been told when taking Whey protein isolate you should be eating soon after because it has something to do with your glyceamic levels or something? This true? For that reason I have whey protein concerntrate during the day if I need to replace a meal. Is it really going to make a difference?

Also

At the moment my post work out is serving of creatine then wait 15 minutes or so before consuming 40 grams WPI and 80 grams dextrose. Also is that to much dextrose?
    Then about 30-45 min later I make sure I'm having my meal? Is this good or bad. Should I be spacing that time longer from post workout to dinner time?

Thanks

Moodie is offline New Member
    A lot of it is marketing with all these isolates and concentrates and all that, If you have high cholesteral then one is better then the other, if milk bothers you then you take a different one etc. Some will agree and some will disagree that this is the case. I personally have always sucked back my shake after workout and then headed home, I use a whey blend(cheaper one) since milk and what not does not bother me and Casein before bed. I have my meals every 3-4 hours. When I get home about a hour after the gym, I have one of my meals.

I see some guys suck back a shake and then crack thier lunch pail and start eating right after. I guess it comes down to what ever you prefer and how it makes you feel. Try both and see what you like and what makes you feel better. I like my body to absorb the shake first, I give it the full 40 mins to do so and then a bit more.

Personally if I ate right after a hardcore workout, I would puke ;/
    Last edited by Moodie; 10-18-2012 at 01:34 PM.

blummy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodie
    A lot of it is marketing with all these isolates and concentrates and all that, If you have high cholesteral then one is better then the other, if milk bothers you then you take a different one etc. Some will agree and some will disagree that this is the case. I personally have always sucked back my shake after workout and then headed home, I use a whey blend(cheaper one) since milk and what not does not bother me and Casein before bed. I have my meals every 3-4 hours. When I get home about a hour after the gym, I have one of my meals.

I see some guys such back a shake and then crack thier lunch pail and start eating right after. I guess it comes down to what ever you prefer and how it makes you feel. Try both and see what you like and what makes you feel better. I like my body to absorb the shake first, I give it the full 40 mins to do so and then a bit more.

Personally if I ate right after a hardcore workout, I would puke ;/
    Thanks for your help

Thread Information