rotty2 is offline Junior Member

Cheap Supplements Question

I have a friend who is a H.S. coach who has been asking me if I knew of a very cheap website that sold protein and creatine dirt cheap. I know there is a site that exclusively sold supplements that are about to expire I just cant remember the name of it. A lot of his players are dirt poor and don't even get to eat when they go home so any little bit helps. Anybody know of any places they can refer me too ?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotty2 View Post
    I have a friend who is a H.S. coach who has been asking me if I knew of a very cheap website that sold protein and creatine dirt cheap. I know there is a site that exclusively sold supplements that are about to expire I just cant remember the name of it. A lot of his players are dirt poor and don't even get to eat when they go home so any little bit helps. Anybody know of any places they can refer me too ?
    Honestly thats a place I wouldnt cut corners. Not saying you cat get a deal on a good quality product.
    Google it and shop around.

skaz915 is offline Member
    Not sure if its the site your looking for but supplement warehouse usually sells a lot of things such as protein powder and bars that are real close to the "Best by" date.

Blog Entries
    Supplements are not very well regulated by the FDA so I would not go looking for the cheapest. Remember that its going into YOUR body. Stick with a reputable company to ensure quality and price shop from there.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Supplements are not very well regulated by the FDA so I would not go looking for the cheapest. Remember that its going into YOUR body. Stick with a reputable company to ensure quality and price shop from there.
    Actually, its going into the bodies of a bunch of underprivileged high school kids. Not sure if that's better or worse...

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotty2
    It's called Food...!!

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    It's called Food...!!
    Somebodies reading comprehension is a little behind, some of there parents don't care about them or provide them with FOOD, I figure a place with a decent bulk protein price would be simple so that the kids can get something when they go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Actually, its going into the bodies of a bunch of underprivileged high school kids. Not sure if that's better or worse...
    Never said I wanted toxic supps made in a bathtub, just a quality one for a decent price. Anyways most of these kids don't have credit cards so the internet option is off the table, thanks to everybody else who tried to help.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Wal mart sells them here in the states and I think Costco does to. That's about as cheap as you can get and still be semi decent. Quality is going to suffer with price usually.

Seriously though, if they are under privileged kids, supplements aren't really what is needed. They just need caloric intake of any kind and guidance on the right path and technique. It's a very honorable thing your friend is doing, I just think that the money spent on those supplements could be better off used towards equipment that will last for years instead of protein that is gone in weeks.

Blog Entries
    If they dont even have food then skip the supplements and go buy cheap food instead. Talk with the local food bank, that will be the best thing you can do, and send the kids off with groceries. Supplements are only good to supplement, they dont take the place of food.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    eggs are one of the best and least expensive protein sources out there.

maybe coach should go get a few dozen flats at costco and hard boil up the lot, and that way the players can eat 4 or 5 eggs and have a significant impact on their protein intake for the day....

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    google 'cheap supplements for sale'. there are several sites, listed by expiration date. very honorable of the coach to send kids home with something in tummy's after a practice.

volunteered at an 'underprivileged' school teaching math and science through my workplace. eye opening to see the children being packed up with food send home by the school/teacher for the weekend. I asked teacher what was going on and he said the kids come in so hungry on Monday, they can't concentrate on learning.

Thread Information