RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Iodine and Tyrosine

I have a normal functioning thyroid and was wondering what effect, if any, would supplementing iodine and tyrosine have on my thyroid's production of T3/T4/CT.

I have been gathering a lot of knowledge of T3 lately as I have never used it and in doing so I always ask the opinions of the guys at my gym who compete. A lot of them say they just supplement iodine as opposed to taking T3.

I believe you need certain levels of iodine in order to have a healthy functioning thyroid but I cannot foresee any benefits with supplementing extra iodine. The premise forthis idea stems from my belief that the pituitary is going to naturally send out less TSH as soon as it detects excess amounts of T3/T4, which means I would never go over the normal ~25mcg anyway.

Is my logic flawed? Are there any risks or benefits to taking iodine? I understand T3 will produce far superior results but I just want to explore all facets.

cad78 is offline New Member
    Read Dr. David Brownstein`s "Iodine-Why-You-Need-It"

I take 100mg of Lugols solution every day. Take Selenium to protect your thyroid before starting iodine. Your TSH levels will go up for awhile, but that is also the signal for transporting iodine, not just needing more thyroid hormone.

Thread Information