Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Armykid93

Thread: Protein Powder and Waist Size

Blog Entries

Protein Powder and Waist Size

I was just wondering what some people that have had experienced supplementing with protein powder for and extended period of time, and have supplemented an extended period of time without protein powder... feel was more beneficial?

Have heard bad things about water retention, estrogen, lactose tolerance and some more i can't think of about how protein powder can negatively directly and indirectly increase waist size and thickness of the skin? What do the testimonials and others think about this and what is your experience with and without it for extended periods of time?

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    i have just tried this actually, off protein i felt less bloted however i did gain muscle a little better while taking it

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Those claims are pretty out there, it's milk byproduct so the only problems anyone can have are reactions to dairy and lactose intolerance. The other stuff is crazy talk as far as i know lol.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    Those claims are pretty out there, it's milk byproduct so the only problems anyone can have are reactions to dairy and lactose intolerance. The other stuff is crazy talk as far as i know lol.
    X2 people give supplements way to much thought. Take the crap, if it benefits you keep taking it, if not then don't.

Do some serious research on protein powders though. It's the anavar of the supplement industry. It's very easy to fake protein quantity and supplement companies do it all the time. Minus the super expensive isolates, gold standard was the best I saw. They claim 24g per serving and there is actually 21g per serving of protein.
    matri.x likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    X2 people give supplements way to much thought. Take the crap, if it benefits you keep taking it, if not then don't.

Do some serious research on protein powders though. It's the anavar of the supplement industry. It's very easy to fake protein quantity and supplement companies do it all the time. Minus the super expensive isolates, gold standard was the best I saw. They claim 24g per serving and there is actually 21g per serving of protein.
    I've been taking the super expensive isolates while i'm cutting on little to no carbs...Lobliners shit is full of carbs even though it's tested well and i was just using gold standard until i got on this diet...I'm actually wondering if i should listen to some old GH15 advice and just drink egg-whites..It will probably be more expensive but at least i know what i'm getting

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100
    I've been taking the super expensive isolates while i'm cutting on little to no carbs...Lobliners shit is full of carbs even though it's tested well and i was just using gold standard until i got on this diet...I'm actually wondering if i should listen to some old GH15 advice and just drink egg-whites..It will probably be more expensive but at least i know what i'm getting
    Just my opinion but your probably better of. First milking collostrum from cows is also very high quality.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    I was just wondering what some people that have had experienced supplementing with protein powder for and extended period of time, and have supplemented an extended period of time without protein powder... feel was more beneficial?

Have heard bad things about water retention, estrogen, lactose tolerance and some more i can't think of about how protein powder can negatively directly and indirectly increase waist size and thickness of the skin? What do the testimonials and others think about this and what is your experience with and without it for extended periods of time?
    I only use why isolate and find it very beneficial to my gains. Very few calories,,no carbs,,loaded in protein/BCAA's

askmeanything is offline New Member
    just blurs my lines so i stay away for the most part
    eggwhites + icecream shake is a good replacment for that

corageon is offline New Member
    i would say carnivore is the best alternative in terms of protein quality.

Thread Information