Like Tree1439Likes

Thread: Gearheaded’s crazy EXPERIMENTS log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I would like to hear your thoughs on hgh more.
    I have never used it but want to run 6iu ed for a year of so. Cost is all that stops me
    if your goal is to put on 15 pounds of muscle and get jacked.. which I'm guessing it is, cause I've helped plenty of people use low dose HGH for lipolytic effects and it works like a charm... but to get jacked, its not so simple as running 6iu every single day and just keeping feeding that with $..
    HGH to get lean and full is easy.. hgh to get big is a little different and you can NOT do it without insulin . you try to get big using HGH and you will end up diabetic. but it you use the right protocols and use HGH's effect on glucose metabolism and fueling that glucose for growth only, and you can grow like a weed and safely .

again you can't just take HGH and expect to grow, it doesn't work that way (at least for muscle).. can you get lean using HGH, yes for sure.. but real muscle growth is hard and it has to be tied into glucose metabolism and protein synthesis to work.
    a bolus dose of HGH a few times per week in the right setting is my strategy. not daily use of HGH.. anyhow I can clarify later

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    if your goal is to put on 15 pounds of muscle and get jacked.. which I'm guessing it is, cause I've helped plenty of people use low dose HGH for lipolytic effects and it works like a charm... but to get jacked, its not so simple as running 6iu every single day and just keeping feeding that with $..
    HGH to get lean and full is easy.. hgh to get big is a little different and you can NOT do it without insulin . you try to get big using HGH and you will end up diabetic. but it you use the right protocols and use HGH's effect on glucose metabolism and fueling that glucose for growth only, and you can grow like a weed and safely .

again you can't just take HGH and expect to grow, it doesn't work that way (at least for muscle).. can you get lean using HGH, yes for sure.. but real muscle growth is hard and it has to be tied into glucose metabolism and protein synthesis to work.
    a bolus dose of HGH a few times per week in the right setting is my strategy. not daily use of HGH.. anyhow I can clarify later
    I am a slin fan so that sounds great.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I am a slin fan so that sounds great.
    Have you found slin makes you lethargic for the next 4-6 hours (usually the same amount of time the slin is active for) after taking it regardless of how many carbs you consume?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Have you found slin makes you lethargic for the next 4-6 hours (usually the same amount of time the slin is active for) after taking it regardless of how many carbs you consume?

Pretty much

I was listening to Dave Crossland say the other day that hGH doesn't actually build muscle directly, and that's the reason it's not that great at it. Which is counterintuitive given "growth" is in the name. It helps you recover better (and another action or two I forget what, maybe water retention and glycogen storage in the muscle?), which leads to better workouts, which leads to indirect muscle growth. Which coincides with that you are saying about easy to use to get full and lean, but hard to build muscle. If I am not misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I was listening to Dave Crossland say the other day that hGH doesn't actually build muscle directly, and that's the reason it's not that great at it. Which is counterintuitive given "growth" is in the name. It helps you recover better (and another action or two I forget what, maybe water retention and glycogen storage in the muscle?), which leads to better workouts, which leads to indirect muscle growth. Which coincides with that you are saying about easy to use to get full and lean, but hard to build muscle. If I am not misremembering?
    ok so Dave is partially right here.. HGH is anabolic in soft tissue (ie, non contractile tissue, like tendons) but its not directly anabolic for muscle hypertrophy. it is however very anabolic indirectly. muscle tissue responds to IGF and MGF , and not directly to HGH.. but HGH increases both of those (via hepatic IGF production, where when both HGH and Insulin are present in the blood stream the liver takes this synergy and upregulates the production of IGF). IGF directly builds and repairs muscle tissue.
    so the HGH itself is only repairing soft tissues, but a by product of HGH is repairing muscle tissue. so your going to build more muscle over all with high levels of HGH, because the raw material is then there as compared to having low levels of HGH.

the idea of water retention, better recovery, glycogen storage, etc.. is all very secondary to the above which is a bit more direct.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

If HGH makes you lean, why did it cause major water retention? I took HGH 2 weeks out from a comp and gained 8 lbs of water. I know it was water because I lowered calories below 1000 and still was gaining weight while trying to figure out what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    If HGH makes you lean, why did it cause major water retention? I took HGH 2 weeks out from a comp and gained 8 lbs of water. I know it was water because I lowered calories below 1000 and still was gaining weight while trying to figure out what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To my knowledge you only retain water for the first 3-4 weeks

I would like to hear your thoughs on hgh more.
    I have never used it but want to run 6iu ed for a year of so. Cost is all that stops me
    so standard all around basic protocol for HGH use is simply 4iu per day taken in the morning every single day. if fat loss is your main goal then take 2iu with fasted cardio and then another 2iu later in the day.

IF getting huge is your number one goal. then this is what I recommend. 4-5 days per week on workout days.. about 1 hour before your workout take a large bolus dose of HGH, 8-10iu (with a carb meal). pre workout take 10iu of slin. intra workout drink 50g of carbs, 15g of EAAs, 5g creatine, 5g glycerol, teaspoon of salt. then with your post workout meal take in 20iu of slin with 100+ g of carbs from potatoes (potatoes are super high in potassium and potassium is very synergestic with insulin and salt.. the potassium "pump" is going to drive all that shit in your blood stream into the muscle cells).

no need to take HGH on your off days.. the large bolus dose of HGH in the above scenario is going to provide a super compensating effect in IGF output along with the insulin and the IGF signaling we will be generating during the workout.

remember, there are IGF receptors all over your body, including in your intestines and the smooth muscles of the stomach.. you want your IGF to spike when IGF in muscle tissue signaling is high . you don't want IGF super high all the time and it begin to build the smooth muscle of the intestinal track and cause stomach growth (intestinal muscle IS muscle and IGF will cause it to grow, especially when that muscle is working hard all the time because of all the calories your eating)...

so my above strategy is based on timing for IGF signaling in muscle tissue and only using large amounts of HGH during that exact time and way only, to avoid spill over and stomach growth.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    ok so fat loss and water retention are two completely different and un-related things. you can be 30% body fat and be very dry and retain little water, or you can be a stage ready bodybuilder at 4% body fat and end up retaining so much water it puts you in the hospital.. in fact I know of guys who have ended up in the hospital a few days after their show because they rebounded so hard with water retention that they got cardiac edema (even though they were super lean).
    this is also why I don't advise guys in contest prep attempt to dry out too early. there is no point in being dry 5 weeks out from a show.. you only need to focus on getting lean, NOT getting dry. you only need to by dry on show day. getting dry too early is going to make your body fight you on show day as it tries to maintain homeostasis (its hard to get 'dryer' when you've been somewhat dry for weeks.. its much better to be hydrated and 'wet' the whole contest prep and then dry out and trick the body at the very end).

now for HGH and its fat burning properties and its ability to lean you out.

a majority of people have no clue how HGH works at all. they think its just a magic hormone that repairs and builds cells.. well all that repair and cell building processes requires lots of ENERGY. it doesn't just happen from nothing. HGH kinda "knows this" and so its going to work from two different fronts. the first thing its going to do is provide your body with the raw material and energy it needs to repair and build cells.
    now what does your body use for energy ? Fat and Glucose... what happens when you take HGH and you were to immediately test your blood. well your blood glucose levels are going to be greatly elevated and so are your blood triglycerides. thats because the HGH is causing the dumping of these two energy sources into the blood stream as an immediate source of energy available for the cell building and repairing process.

so in regards to fat loss . HGH is directly lipolytic. it frees fat from fat cells and makes that fat available to be oxidized for energy. thats how HGH makes you lean.. note: its NOT a fat burner though. theres a difference between liberating fatty acids from storage and the actual burning of fat by the mitochondria of a cell. HGH only liberates the fat, it does not directly burn it.
    but if you took HGH fasted and did fasted cardio, the fat that HGH liberated into the blood stream is then available to be burned up as energy.
    thats why I highly recommend HGH first thing in AM with fasted cardio..

now in regards to blood sugar and HGH. as stated already HGH frees up fat into the blood stream for energy and it also frees up glucose into the blood stream for energy. again, HGH has to free up energy first, because the repairing and building of cells is an energy demanding task.
    but people take HGH and they see they have high blood sugar levels from it. they automatically think "oh no I'm getting insulin resistant" "I'm getting diabetes" .. no thats not whats going on. your blood sugars are not high because hgh causes you to be insulin resistant, its high because of what I explained about HGH needing the energy dumped into the blood, so glucose that is stored is in the blood now and thus your blood sugar levels are going to be higher . you really think one shot of HGH is going to cause insulin resistance . no. your blood sugar is high cause thats how HGH works . it dumps both fat and glucose into the blood so there is energy available for hgh to do the building and repairing processes.

Thread Information