Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Roadisafunnyword is offline Junior Member
    Personally i think everyones a pussy about overtraining. Itss emphasized to much. I think 6-9 sets for biceps is minimal, Hell ive grown of 20 sets before, When I started lifted when I was 13 years old i had 13 inch arms, I did 20 sets, somtimes more, for Bi's AND Tris that would be a 40-44 set Arm workout. A year later I had 16 inch arms at 14 years old a month shy of turning 15, at 16 i smartened up my training and went to 9-12 sets total 16 if I felt great. I grauadated Highschool with 19 inch arms, and i Now stand with 20 inch arms at over 250 pounds. Granted I had good genetics that Obv assisted in my growth, but I think your Bis can grow off High sets.

I will be posting pics sometime soon by the way Of when i was 15,18,and now at 23

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No one is a "pussy" in regards to over-training, whatever you meant for that to mean.

If realizing you grow off of 5-6 sets instead of 20 (wasting time in the gym) makes you a pussy, and not an intelligent person who pays attention to his/her own body and what it takes to succeed, that's news to me. If anything, if you are doing 10+ sets for biceps, you must be doing "pussy" sets, and not going all out each time. I could do 20 sets myself, but each set would be a half-a$$ed pitiful attempt at lifting, doing nothing but wasting recovery time.

We're waiting on those pics.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Roadisafunnyword
    Personally i think everyones a pussy about overtraining. Itss emphasized to much. I think 6-9 sets for biceps is minimal, Hell ive grown of 20 sets before, When I started lifted when I was 13 years old i had 13 inch arms, I did 20 sets, somtimes more, for Bi's AND Tris that would be a 40-44 set Arm workout. A year later I had 16 inch arms at 14 years old a month shy of turning 15, at 16 i smartened up my training and went to 9-12 sets total 16 if I felt great. I grauadated Highschool with 19 inch arms, and i Now stand with 20 inch arms at over 250 pounds. Granted I had good genetics that Obv assisted in my growth, but I think your Bis can grow off High sets.

I will be posting pics sometime soon by the way Of when i was 15,18,and now at 23

Personally i think everyones a pussy about overtraining. Itss emphasized to much.
    One more thing, the reason that overtraining is emphasized "too" (not to) much, is because it's a real-world issue/problem w/many who are stuck in their current level of development. It causes more harm than good, and as a person who personally assists 1000's, I can't tell you how BAD people over-train and how much it works against one in a fitness endeavor.

That is where I base my outlook on the subject, from knowing what over-training does to the 1000's that I do assist. Nothing "pussy" about that, as I've been delivering results for 4 years in my biz............

~SC~

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    SWOLE - just looked at your work out and like everyone else am very surprised at how few sets you use.

just wandering does the muscle you have trained feel tired over the next few days?

cos i always aim to get that aching feeling in the morning, which is something i can do with every body part except for biceps no matter how many sets i use

is that aching feeling something you aim for?

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Remember that the biceps are getting pre-exhausted from doing back, so that leads to the need for fewer sets.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    Remember that the biceps are getting pre-exhausted from doing back, so that leads to the need for fewer sets.
    I'm glad somebody else finally recognized this!

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If I can get to it this afternoon before cardio, sure! I don't see why not......

~SC~
    I would also be intrested in taking a peek at your arm workout swole, greatly appriciated.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    oops didnt realise there were 2 more pages.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    oops didnt realise there were 2 more pages.

Roadisafunnyword is offline Junior Member
    No one is a "pussy" in regards to over-training, whatever you meant for that to mean.

If realizing you grow off of 5-6 sets instead of 20 (wasting time in the gym) makes you a pussy, and not an intelligent person who pays attention to his/her own body and what it takes to succeed, that's news to me. If anything, if you are doing 10+ sets for biceps, you must be doing "pussy" sets, and not going all out each time. I could do 20 sets myself, but each set would be a half-a$$ed pitiful attempt at lifting, doing nothing but wasting recovery time.

We're waiting on those pics.

~SC~

Bro, Ive trained with the marines since i was 15 years old, your calling my training half asses, If i didnt train on an empty stomach every session then id throw up. Just cuz somone can man up and do 20 sets for biceps doesnt mean hes doin half assed sets, I never said it was the right amount but i grew and whos gonna argue with that. Read the "intensity or Insanity" series a perfect example.

I realize 20 sets was not a great thing to do, but becuase of my genetics and good diet i grew and whos gonna argue with results.

Cmon man you Honesty think noone doesnt give there all in the gym and shrugs it off as overtraing which is a lousy excuse not to train your hardest. What i said had nothing do to with sets, but mentality. If your doing 1-2 sets or barbell curls a week you really think you just stimulated your biceps to the max, unless you used forced reps, drop sets, or cheat curls i honestly doubt it.

Anyways money is tight at the moment i can afford neither a scanner nor dig. camera. Im having trouble paying the grocery bill for that matter. College is a bitch. Ill try and borrow a dig. camera and post pics by the end of the summer.

peace

Cheechchong is offline Junior Member

SwoleCat

K, sorry guys! I'm working on some promo sh*t, has all my attention.....

K, here goes......my current routine that is working well to keep adding size to my frame, while staying lean (in conjunction w/my dietary practices) Those are key in how you look of course. Below is my stimulus, but what/how I eat I would consider more important. Anyhow -------------->

Day 1:
    Chest/Sh/Triceps
    3 sets incline d-bells
    3 sets flat or decline d-bells
    3 sets cable work/machine flyes (straight handles)
    4 sets sh presses OR 4 sets lateral raises. (2-3 tempo!)
    4-5 sets of any tricep work. Skullcrushers/ close grip bench/etc.

Day 2:
    Quads
    3 sets "sissy" type squats on smith
    3 sets hack squats
    3 sets extensions or controlled lunges
    (Note: doing leg re-hab so I am training all parts more frequently as long as I need to have my legs recover on time. Not worried about much else. Hence the 4 days in a row, then one day off)

Day 3:
    Back/Biceps/Traps
    3 sets pullups/lat pulldown machine (width)
    3 sets row type movement (thickness)
    3 sets deads (heavy days) or v-bar rows (light days)
    4-5 sets any heavy bicep movement. (Straight bars or Hammers) Mass builders.
    5 sets d-bells shrugs, straight up and down, 20 reps each set.

Day 4:
    Hams/Calves/Abs
    4 sets ham curls
    4 sets stiff leg deads
    5 sets seated calves
    5 sets rope crunches w/weight!!! Brick City

Day 5: Cardio only.

Day 6: Repeat.

Not a lot of volume, but a CLEAR/HARD message to grow/keep the size I have, w/out over-training myself due to calories that are not being provided. (trying to stay in relatively lean shape while getting legs back to 100%, then I'll cut. I can never "BULK" like that, just can't do it) So, I avoid the CNS damage as well by sleeping and eating exactly what I need to in order to recover.

Get your mind right too, when that's 100% positive, you can't fool yourself.

Hit it hard!

~SC~
    Are you still training like this, Swole?
    I read on another thread someone saying that you should do only 8 sets for back, with inly 2 exercices.
    Did you cut down the volume of your training even more?

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheechchong
    I read on another thread someone saying that you should do only 8 sets for back, with inly 2 exercices.
    I'd also like to know the same. Also, what're your rep #s looking like for each excercise?

I also would like to know about the time that it takes to complete a full rep.
    I donīt know if you understand what Iīm traying to say.
    Like in the bench press.
    2 second to get te barbell up and 4 to low the barbell to your chest, something like that...

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    Hey quick question about swoles stuff.......

I 'm going to start swoles method of torching the Bi's and tri's after a chest and back workout with only 5-6 sets....but I was just wondering, is this workout aimed to people who are on juice and in cycles? Or can this apply to any regular person who will just be eating like an animal and taking proper supplements, i. e isopure protien, glutamine, amino acids etc? Can you NOT be on juice, do this 5-6 set torching after back and still see great mass results? Cuz a lot of people seem confused about the 5-6 sets compared to 12-15 for Biceps for example.....wondering if Swole could clear this up a bit.....thanks

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGCHILD
    Hey quick question about swoles stuff.......

I 'm going to start swoles method of torching the Bi's and tri's after a chest and back workout with only 5-6 sets....but I was just wondering, is this workout aimed to people who are on juice and in cycles? Or can this apply to any regular person who will just be eating like an animal and taking proper supplements, i. e isopure protien, glutamine, amino acids etc? Can you NOT be on juice, do this 5-6 set torching after back and still see great mass results? Cuz a lot of people seem confused about the 5-6 sets compared to 12-15 for Biceps for example.....wondering if Swole could clear this up a bit.....thanks

Let me put it this way: I'm not on juice or really any supplements at this time (except glutamine) and i've been doing Swole's arm protocol for about 4 weeks now (except I don't do tri's after chest, instead I have a shoulder day in which I follow shoulders with 3-4 sets glose grip bench, and 3-4 sets skull crushers - # sets depending on how intense the set is and how much contraction I get in the muscle).

Anyway - let me get to the point here. My friends have commented on my arms "getting bigger" all of the sudden - when they never really mentioned it a few months ago when I wasn't using SC's protocol. I was also doing more sets back then, but not as intense as I do now.

Point of the story - do it, even if you aren't on juice because if you do and you do it with intensity, then your arms are going to start growing.

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the input, I agree and i am going to do swoles protocol....thanks

Ill try and borrow a dig. camera and post pics by the end of the summer.
    Guess no one had a camera.

~SC~

Swole, could you take a look at my questions?
    I also would like to know about the time that it takes to complete a full rep.
    I donīt know if you understand what Iīm traying to say.
    Like in the bench press.
    2 second to get te barbell up and 4 to low the barbell to your chest, something like that...

K, here goes......my current routine that is working well to keep adding size to my frame, while staying lean (in conjunction w/my dietary practices) Those are key in how you look of course. Below is my stimulus, but what/how I eat I would consider more important. Anyhow -------------->

Day 1:
    Chest/Sh/Triceps
    3 sets incline d-bells
    3 sets flat or decline d-bells
    3 sets cable work/machine flyes (straight handles)
    4 sets sh presses OR 4 sets lateral raises. (2-3 tempo!)
    4-5 sets of any tricep work. Skullcrushers/ close grip bench/etc.

Day 2:
    Quads
    3 sets "sissy" type squats on smith
    3 sets hack squats
    3 sets extensions or controlled lunges
    (Note: doing leg re-hab so I am training all parts more frequently as long as I need to have my legs recover on time. Not worried about much else. Hence the 4 days in a row, then one day off)

Day 3:
    Back/Biceps/Traps
    3 sets pullups/lat pulldown machine (width)
    3 sets row type movement (thickness)
    3 sets deads (heavy days) or v-bar rows (light days)
    4-5 sets any heavy bicep movement. (Straight bars or Hammers) Mass builders.
    5 sets d-bells shrugs, straight up and down, 20 reps each set.

Day 4:
    Hams/Calves/Abs
    4 sets ham curls
    4 sets stiff leg deads
    5 sets seated calves
    5 sets rope crunches w/weight!!! Brick City

Day 5: Cardio only.

Day 6: Repeat.

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    i love this thread.i will be trying this an give input in about two months on how it is going.!!!!!!!!!!YES

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information