Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member

Right side bigger than left!!

My right side is bigger than my left side(mostly on arms,delts and traps)
    I have been working out since I was fifteen(21 now) and my main mistake was that I used a lot of machines instead of free weights..
    I learned my lesson a while ago but I still have problems getting both sides equal enough.. Do any of you guys have or used to have that problem and if so do any of you have any special tricks or methods to get even?? thanx

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    i worked as a waiter for 5 years and always carried with my right arm, its noticeable on my traps/lats/bis, anyway best advice i can give you is just keep working each side out evenly eventually youll catch up on the other side.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    remember that one muscle is always bigger then the other..aka my right bicep is bigger then the left

Tags is offline Associate Member
    Ahh, the old classic one side is bigger than the other... My left bi//tri is bigger than my right bi//tri, but my right bi//tri is stronger than my left side... It's because one side has to work harder than the other and usually that is your weaker//bigger side... Doesn't make too much sence but that's how it is for me anyways...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    i have this prob,, with my chest..

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    I have the same prob. from working construction since I was a kid. I have tried to make it work harder but it stays the same. O well, You might be the only one who will notice this small diff.

Bump

anybody else have any comments on this?

harl is offline Associate Member
    I also have this problem....im left handed and it seems my whole left side of my body is more developed than the right. It sucks.... when doing bis and tris I try to work out my right arm harder and use alot of dumbells to try to even things out. I've been doing this for about a year now with no luck.

I wish somebody would comment on this with a kind of solution, all I've gotten yet are people relating the same problem.. is there any hope?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    - working out with dumbells and in normal life use ur hands equally even when......... some people suggest doing a couple of extra sets to the weak side but it doesnt make sense(could be wrong tho) to me heres y:

-if this was correct then ppl shouldve been doing extra sets from the start to see more results

-thats ur weak side if work it out more ur more likely to overtrain there
    thats it

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i have this on my lats. my right side is a longer v-shape, and my left side is just wider. just keep working them equally. and make sure when using machines concentrate on using same force on each side.

amstaf is offline Associate Member
    my right side is also bigger than the left i started working every muscle by itself except for bench and squats ihave started to see my left side getting harder and more vasculer than my right but not really getting any bigger my girlfrind cant notice it till i point it out so ifigure nobody else does either so wish me luck ill wish you luck

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    You could try single movements. Like one arm curls 1 arm pulldowns etc, work out each side individually for a while. Just a thought

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Both sides of the body are rarely the same size. One foot is usually a little bigger than the other, one arm is normally a little thicker than the other. If it's not really noticable, then don't worry about it. It may only be noticable to you.

delroid is offline Junior Member
    left chest is > than right

Thread Information