WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

My question, with all my background information.

Well Im being told DC training isnnt going to be good on my CNS, considering I am going on a major cutting cycle. So what type of rep,sets, and intensity level do you guys recommend? Here is all my info to consider.

Age, Bodyweight/fat- 23, 260lbs, 5'11.5, not sure of fat, but over 25%

Training Experience- I started training at 14, got serious with diet and training at 15 til 19. Got hurt in the upper back/neck area right before I turned 20. Been out of commission ever since. Iused to be like 180 at 10%bf. Now I am at 260lbs, and severly out of shape.

Goals- I want to get back down to 10%bf so I can bulk back up the right way. My knowledge has grown leaps and bounds since I was injured do to lots of research and reading, and not being able to actually apply it has been hell.

Existing/Previous Injuries- left upperbacl/neck area. I have no idea what caused it, just woke up one day and it was there and got proggressively worse. But dont worry about this, Please act as if I havent told you this and I will deal with it in my own way.

I will not reccomend a routine yet becasue I think you should change your goal. Just try to shed fat and gain some lean body mass at the same time. Take your time and work towards your overall goal. I am saying this becasue I do not think a person who is overweight or has been overweight should ever bulk. Once your body fat starts to increase, the number of fat cells you have increase. So, if you cut and loose the fat, you will gain it back more easily than a person who has never been overweight....because of the increased fat cells. So, just try to improve your body composition in one phase.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    I will not reccomend a routine yet becasue I think you should change your goal. Just try to shed fat and gain some lean body mass at the same time. Take your time and work towards your overall goal. I am saying this becasue I do not think a person who is overweight or has been overweight should ever bulk. Once your body fat starts to increase, the number of fat cells you have increase. So, if you cut and loose the fat, you will gain it back more easily than a person who has never been overweight....because of the increased fat cells. So, just try to improve your body composition in one phase.
    In reality, what you stated is exactly what I want to do. But I didnt think it was possible to gain lean body mass while cutting. I was always a pretty firm believer that you either cut and maintain the muscle you have or you bulk and put on some minimal bodyfat with lean muscle. But I also understand exactly what you are saying about the fat cells and my body composition. Thanks for your time CK.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    In reality, what you stated is exactly what I want to do. But I didnt think it was possible to gain lean body mass while cutting. I was always a pretty firm believer that you either cut and maintain the muscle you have or you bulk and put on some minimal bodyfat with lean muscle. But I also understand exactly what you are saying about the fat cells and my body composition. Thanks for your time CK.
    You can. In other words, you do not have to deplete yourself to loose fat and you do not have to pig out to gain muscle. That is an exaggeration...but, you know what I am saying. Just take your time, if you are coming off of a layoff you will not need a cutting diet to loose fat or a bulking diet to gain muscle. Just get on a solid diet....moderate calories, high protein and moderate carbs. Also, get on a good bodybuilding routine and throw cardio in when you can (you know a.m. is best, but some people cant b/ of time). Just start with this approach and establish a base......you can make small adjustments in your training and diet if you need to.

What I am saying is: At your current condition, you will accomplish both goals on a solid diet and workout routine. After 6 months or more, you will have put on muscle and lost a lot of BF. At that point, you may need to go on a cutting diet do loose additoinal BF. So, just go for "lean mass" not cutting or bulking.

Thats what I figured CK. I just need time. Im thinking Im going to just work with one gram of complex carbs per pound of bw, 2g for protein, and my fats will be from mostly flaxseed oil. Thanks alot bro your number in mybook. Just kidding.

Thats what I figured CK. I just need time. Im thinking Im going to just work with one gram of complex carbs per pound of bw, 2g for protein, and my fats will be from mostly flaxseed oil. Thanks alot bro your number in mybook. Just kidding.

An easy way to do it is to make your first 4 meals complex carbs and protein and your last 2 meals fibrous carbs and protein and throw some fats like you were saying.

Thats exactly what I wrote up last night, except I have one extra egg protein shake in the middle of my sleep when I get up to urinate. Thanks alot CK. Its like is there really a better message board out there? People here actually care to help one another. I love it. Im not trying to be a or anthing, and I dont know if you can answer this, but is there anyway to donate to the site. Maybe SC or Pinn can help me out with this.

Thats exactly what I wrote up last night, except I have one extra egg protein shake in the middle of my sleep when I get up to urinate. Thanks alot CK. Its like is there really a better message board out there? People here actually care to help one another. I love it. Im not trying to be a or anthing, and I dont know if you can answer this, but is there anyway to donate to the site. Maybe SC or Pinn can help me out with this.
    I am not sure....I agree with you ,this is a good site. Like the heading says "The worlds most visited Anabolic Website."

O well, maybe Ill try to pm Pinn or SC, or maybe Nark will know.

Thread Information