Thread: ironmant hit

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

ironmant hit

I am pretty sure evryone on here is aware of what this program is. I was wondering everyones opinion on it for atheltics. Clearly it is a superior bodybuilding workout but would it help performance in sports or would a classic 5x5 workout benefit say a football player more then going to failure with 15 8 and 4 reps. Thanks guys and looking forward to wsome responses.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    I am pretty sure evryone on here is aware of what this program is. I was wondering everyones opinion on it for atheltics. Clearly it is a superior bodybuilding workout but would it help performance in sports or would a classic 5x5 workout benefit say a football player more then going to failure with 15 8 and 4 reps. Thanks guys and looking forward to wsome responses.
    I would think that they would eb the same. Both those programs are for bdoybiulding/powerlifting. If you are doing sport specific training, you need to add in lifts/exercises that are related to the sport. In other words, sport-specific movement, your could probably tailor either one of those routines around your specific sport and get good results.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    yea i was wodneirng baout doing that for my cleans squats and bench, and deadlifts, but i wanted to m ake srue that it would be more beneficial as an athelte to do those movements with the 5x5 schemeh

The Iron Man is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    yea i was wodneirng baout doing that for my cleans squats and bench, and deadlifts, but i wanted to m ake srue that it would be more beneficial as an athelte to do those movements with the 5x5 schemeh
    My suggestion is to train in a holostic manner whether it be for sports or bodybuilding purposes. When training for sports you don't need to hit muscular failure on every set. Just train to the point of difficulty much of the time and incorporate the BIG COMPOUND MOVEMENTS that will help aid in the sport you are involved with.

Thread Information